New Visitor
espga

New home page

I think the new home page is totally a waste of time. Just because you can change something doesn't mean you should. Now all of us users must waste time learning how to navigate a new page that doesn't do anything more or better than the old page did.

Contributor

Home page

Come on, a talking sheep, Katie Couric, beauty secrets, and fat old has been Sally Struthers gets popped for sucking down cheap wine?  You people need some serious help. I'm done with with this site.

Do real people a favor. Stop catering to shallow morons and get some dignity.

Visitor

Re: New home page is horrible. Can I have the old one back ?

What could you people possibly be thinking to create just another over crowded, filled with advertising and annoying rollover junk, homepage.

Unbelievable.

I agree with the poster who finally decided to make Google his homepage.....excellent idea.

What REALLY annoys me is that I actually pay you guys to let me exposed to this moronic content.

Don't you EVER listen to your customers ????  Get back to uncluttered simplicity.

New Visitor
tim-nelson

Re: 9/12/12: new home page feedback

Agreed! Someone got paid to produce that too, and so many people are out of work who are able to do better

Regular Problem Solver
BlueJay

Years ago I ditched comcast's homepage. And I never looked back.  :smileywink:   

I'm now using for home pages:

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/security
http://yahoo.com/

Yes, I do have 3 tabs open when I open my browser, but I find it works for me..  :smileyhappy:

ciao, bj

Official Employee
ComcastEric

Re: New home page it terrible!!!!!

Hi, I'm not asking you to change your resolution or browser, just trying to troubleshoot your experience, because the middle news column should take up about 1/2 the page and there should be blank space on either side.  Does your page layout and column sizing look similar to what you see in this screen cap?

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Xfinity-com-Website/9-12-12-new-home-page-feedback/m-p/1408721#M4858

To check your resolution, in Windows XP, right click the desktop and then select the Settings tab and look for screen resolution.  In Windows 7, right click the desktop and look for Screen Resolution.  In either case, your looking for 2 numbers, like 1024x768.

Thanks.  Your feedback is very helpful.

Eric

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Re: New home page it terrible!!!!!

[ Edited ]

As I read the feedback about the new homepage I'm thinking

Ironic that the old page is now being defended as "better" when just a few short years ago people hated it when it was first rolled out. 

FWIW, I have NEVER used the Comcast page as my homepage. In fact, I rarely look at it.

You can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig. In the case of the Comcast homepage it still looks like an online version of a bad supermarket tabloid.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
richardpfoley

New Home Page

Where is the DATE?  Please Add date to top of page ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Visitor
DawnMA

Thank you.  I called them & they fixed it.  The rep agreed that my account had been coded incorrectly as you suggested.  It was simply an aggravating inconvenience.

Visitor

Re: 9/12/12: new home page feedback - the slide show ...yuck

This homepage is worse than the last and I just HATE  HATE HATE the slide show for every bit of information or pictures you want to compare or show. It takes entirely too long to go through the side show information and read below what you are trying to tell us etc as nothing ever lines up. Get a clue and get rid of it!!! Anyone else agree???

Recognized Contributor
Creechuur

Copied from my own thread about the home page:

I'm still forced to go through that horrendous home page every time I try to check my email or watch a show. MAKE IT GO AWAY. I'm sure thats too big a request, so instead just make it so I NEVER HAVE TO SEE IT, EVER. Better yet, make it useful. All we need are links to email and other common services (Watch online, bill paying, help, etc.). Also, if I want a link to open a new window, I right-click and tell it to. Stop trying to be the boss of my computer.

Today's Highlights - Useless and insulting. You've taken a page from the nightly news, posing a question (like "Do you have a horrible disease and don't know it?") then expecting people to click through (tune in at 11!) to get the answer. How stupid do you think your customer base is?

Top Videos - Please. Thats what YouTube is for and its far better.

Watch XFINITY TV Online - Redundant. We know we can do that, and theres already a link to it at the top of the page.

News, Sports, Entertainment - We all have our favorite sites for this stuff, and its not your home page.

Shopping - Amazon, Google Shopping, etc.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

For watching a tv show why don't you go directly to the TV site?  http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/

For email consider setting up an email client to work with the Comcast mail servers. Easy access-all you do is click an icon on your desktop. Instant mail without having to go through the homepage to get to Xfinity Connect.

OR sign into the tv page. Click Connect. Xfinity Connect opens. You avoid the homepage.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Recognized Contributor
Creechuur

That was my bad on the watching online comment. I actually have a bookmark that takes me directly to the streaming site.

The reason I haven't set up an extra email client is because for years now the bookmark I had for email took me directly to my email (except every couple of weeks when I have to re-log). The new change was so bad I assumed it was a bug that would be fixed...silly me. The other reason is because it sucks to have to jump through hoops to fix problems comcast introduced. I'm a paying customer for one of most outlandishly high priced services in existance, I have to do QA for their site and find my own workarounds for their mistakes as well? No, I'd rather curse their name every day until they fix the problem...I have a relatively stres free life, I need something to vent about dont I?

New Visitor
zxccxz

@ ComcastJoe the new homepage is horrible..Don't need all of the clutter for example on the left of Voicemail on demand TV listings Queue etc and on the right Watch live tv Tune your TV and Trending TV etc .People USUALLY watch TV on their Television what a concept.Most people prefer their home page uncluttered and easy to navigate.

As far as asking the customers to be specific about the likes and dislikes...maybe COMCAST could have researched it BEFORE they implemented any change. Now we have a homepage that has way too many uneeded distractions and NO WAY to add or delete content to customize it to meet our individual needs. Customer service should service their customers and give them what they want...not just what they want to throw at us

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

One thing I have noticed on the new homepage is the black bar across the top. Apparently Comcast wants it to be "uniform" on their pages. This is the same black bar I complained about when they redesigned the tv pages. Which one would you rather see? The black bar with hard to see words and in order to know what it says you have to hover over it? OR the white bar on the old page that IS easy to see what is there?

A lot of people have vision problems. Comcast is not taking the needs of these customers into consideration. If they did they would know one of the first rules of web design: making it easy to see what is on the page.  They did not change it on the tv pages. I doubt they will change it on the homepage.

Way to go Comcast. Another reason for me to avoid the page.

New:

new homepage.PNG

Old:

old homepage.PNG

New Visitor

New Web Site

I Like the new site just wish I could use it now.  Makes it easy for me to use and find everything.  Thank you for the new Update Comcast........

Visitor

From……….

ComcastJoe

Administrator

Re: New home page is horrible.

QUOTE:

“Please continue to post specific feedback about what you like and don't like about the format and we'll do our best to deliver a home page format that satisfies all of our customers.”

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

I’ll believe that when I see it.

New Visitor
mezee

new infinity home page

new page will now download...get only the outline...can't use the computer at all...have unplugged wireless router,etc....no help...screen is frozen...little blue circle that usually runs until the info is downloaded just keeps on turning and turning...HELP...

New Visitor

i am not a fan of this new home page, the old one was just fine. there just seems to be more clutter on this one. 

Regular Visitor

Homepage Screen

We really do not like the new homepage screen - what were you thinking ????

New Visitor
XZCCXZ

@ ComcastJoe the new homepage is horrible..Don't need all of the clutter for example on the left of Voicemail on demand TV listings Queue etc and on the right Watch live tv Tune your TV and Trending TV etc .People USUALLY watch TV on their Television what a concept.Most people prefer their home page uncluttered and easy to navigate.

As far as asking the customers to be specific about the likes and dislikes...maybe COMCAST could have researched it BEFORE they implemented any change. Now we have a homepage that has way too many uneeded distractions and NO WAY to add or delete content to customize it to meet our individual needs. Customer service should service their customers and give them what they want...not just what they want to throw at us.

New Visitor

new web page

do not     like the new format...

Visitor

Re: Homepage Screen

I hate this new setup. I just want to read my email. I am about to change because I don’t have time to search for my mail. BAD CHANGE.

New Visitor
harp88

I can't believe this new home page format was customer tested.  I now have to go to a second page for things I could get at a glance on the old home page.  The old page wasn't great but this is worse.  Please give us some customization options so I can have a home page that works for me - not only what is on it but where its located.  Even being able to drag things I care about to the top of page 1 without being able to delete things I don't care about would help  I don't think this works for anyone.

New Visitor
rab4

New Homepage

I would prefer to be the one to pick the order of importance for items shown if it is truly "my homepage".  News would lead not travel.

Visitor

Please make the page customizable, so that we do not have to clutter our homepage with information that we neither care about, or want. In the very least, make it possible to rearrange the items on the page. I do not care aboutI entertainment and tv news and do not particularly enjoy it being the first thing I see every time I open the Internet. Also, I would really like to able to read about local news and have a more in-depth weather gadget.

Contributor
Contributor

Re: New Homepage

I would too.

CJ

New Visitor
Pokit

The New Message Board

Regarding the new home page.  I HATE IT!! Especially the ads that come to life when your cursor just slips over them.  Talk about subliminal messages!  This takes the cake.

Contributor

Re: The New Message Board

I agree entirely. The new home page takes too long to open and the ads are enough to drive you crazy. On my PC they even open up outside of the box they are in.

Comcast: Please respond to this Email. Can the user stop the way in which these ads work?

Thanks.

New Visitor
redgtar

I NEVER post or contribute to these blogs (EVER) but I feel I HAVE to now, even if it's the last thing I have to do with comcast: your new home page is the most hideous and annoying POS I've ever seen. If I wanted to learn  a whole new way to navigate I'll GET A NEW PROVIDER. I don't say that idly: Count me as another customer who is fed up with the constant pointless "improvements" to the homepage.

a soon to be ex-customer.

Visitor

Re: Homepage Screen

I agree.  This new format is absolutely horrendous...You paid for someone to think this up?  Yuck!!! 

Visitor

[ Edited ]

I thought I was the only one having problems with the constant ads popping up when I move my curser.  This internet site is getting worse by the day.  Time to leave and go elsewhere!

New Visitor
berniean

new home page

i thoroughly dislike your new home page. bring back the old or change this on to be more user friendly. i can't figure why if it ain't broke u insist on fixing it anyway.

New Visitor

Re: new home page

I think the new home page is great!!!!! But I am on the old one..how do I get the new one for keeps

New Visitor
buzzpa

new home page

new home page is terrible.  tired of waiting for all your advertising to load before i can scroll down to e-mail.  old page had e-mail logo readily accessible.  also, why do i have to answer that security question every time i sign in

Email Expert
CCCarole

I believe Comcast is in the process of moving everyone over this week. You don't have to do anything, you will just get it.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor
nittany1968

[ Edited ]

the new home page is not user friendly.

Contributor
chuckadee

I join those who "hate" the new home page. Not that I really liked the "old" homepage, either. The biggest problem is the lack of customization. Why should I have to click on "Finance" every time to get information from that page rather than have to look at the dumb-downed entertainment news sections. If I want People magazine or some other storefront trashy magazine, I'll buy it. I don't enjoy being affronted with celebrity boob jobs, divorces or sex changes before I can find news I really care about. I NEED CUSTOMIZATION!

New Visitor
mazzonm

Hate the new page, bring back the old one, with the stock market..What did they do , hire some kids at Infinity? or if it works break it?

New Visitor

Page is way to busy, and 5 steps to get to email! Come on man! Can we have the old page back please?

Official Employee
ComcastEric

Ads should not be expanding immediately on rollover.  Per our guidelines, there should be a 1 second delay.  If you experience an ad that expands immediately, please let us know the advertiser so we can look into it further.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Eric

Regular Visitor

New home page feedback

I do not find this page to be an improvement on the most recent one.  Please give us customization.  If not full customization then build several stock home pages based on input from customers.  Put the DJIA ticker on the home page.  Build a link direct to the inbox without a separate stop in the preview.  Thanks.

New Visitor
MOSULL

just called customer support. ref no cr298463435.  He stated he could not help with getting the old home page back  or manuver it to what I like. He said I could "submit feeback" by clicking on the Button at the bottom of the page, Looks like I'm not the first one that doesn't like the new. Comcast should get it together or I'll be moving to a new hompage also.

New Visitor
vo2maxbiker

I cannot imagine a worse change then what has occurred.  It looks as though you let a 3rd grade classroom design a page for people with severe vision problems.  It is way too cluttered.  Do we really need everything so big, for example the news pictures.  Everything just kind of blends together so you can't really find anything. 

I would seriously be embarrassed if I designed this page or approved letting it go live. 

New Visitor
Craigtf

New interface Stinks

[ Edited ]

Well,

what I said. Just the lamest thing I've ever seen. And you guys thing you know the internet???ROTFL

New Visitor
Unhappystill

The new home page is horrible....way too busy and doesn't contain anything I'm interested in.  I didn't really like the old one either.  I would love a way to customize the content, if I'm forced to have a busy homepage, it would be nice to at least have stuff that interests me.  When I was with the other internet service I was able to customize the home page.  Really wish I never switched!!

Regular Contributor

I've written more than once & I've come to the realization that comcast/xfinity is planning to NOT EVER listening to their customers.  Even though I've had them for years, I am very uncomfortable with a service that dictates to me what I will have.  Therefore, much as I hate change, I am now looking into some of the other selections we have for homepages (although I do guarantee it won't be Google-after their decision to keep that vile video up on their youtube site), and have gotten down to 4/5 of them.  Wish me luck & good luck to all of you as well.

Regular Problem Solver
BlueJay

Hi Patti T,

You might want to consider http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap120917.html for a home page.

The image in yesterday's offering was outstanding...  And if you really want news, Bookmark your local newspaper,  also try Yahoo.com, they do have a customizable page.    You do get some of the junky "stars" garbage, but I overlook that..  :smileywink: 

There is nothing that says you or anyone else have to use comcast's homepage..   TRASH IT!!

Take control of your machine!!  Use what you want!!!  Good Luck!

ciao, bj

Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

Re: New interface Stinks

[ Edited ]

Which sucky interface are you referring to? Comcast has so many . . .

New Visitor

new comcast news page

DONT LIKE IT!  the previous version was the best so far. This page has usueless information,its hard to read and track stories. Who ever decides what goes on this page should not be doing it! I will stop coming here to read my news..go back to what you had! That was working!