New Visitor

9/26/12: new home page feedback

[ Edited ]

WAY TOO BUSY ... HORRIBLE, I HATE IT!!

New Visitor
Sportster9

Re: CUSTOMIZING XFINITY HOMEPAGE

I have been looking for a way to customize my Xfinity home page as of the change this morning.   The new format has a lot of usless information for me.  It's mostly about TV and entertainment. 

The best solution I have found is to make Google my homepage.  It is customizable. I can move things around, add what is important to me and remove what is not. 

To the Xfinity folks:  Lame and self-serving update guys.  I'm not impressed.

New Visitor

New home page is horrible. Can I have the old one back ?

Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Re: New home page is horrible. Can I have the old one back ?

Hi all,

The new XFINITY homepage still offers first-class news and video from across the globe, but now as an XFINITY customer you can also connect to your personal TV, Voice, and internet in seconds. You’ll be able to engage with new tools like entertainment trending, previewing emails in your inbox, and easier account service access.

We're listening to all customer feedback on the design from a number of sources and incorporating that feedback into future design iterations. We've actually already made some changes based on feedback posted here, such as removing the "uh oh" when you're not logged in and adding a link on the homepage that takes you directly to your e-mail inbox. To learn more about the changes on the homepage, please go here for more information:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/online/homepage/

Not all customers will see this change right away. If the page is not available to you and you would like to check it out, use this link to check the new format:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/home/x/ 

Please continue to post specific feedback about what you like and don't like about the format and we'll do our best to deliver a home page format that satisfies all of our customers.

We hope that you'll give the new format a chance.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Bronze Star Contributor

It is way too busy,  it hurts my eyes.  I want the old one back also. 

New Visitor
ArkYankee

Re: 9/12/12: new home page

[ Edited ]

New Visitor
exmech

new home page

the new home page seems to me to be the result of someone with nothing to do manufacturing a paycheck. comcast, if it ain't broke don't fix it.  same info different page location, whoppee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Visitor
JudyTPD

New Home Page

I do NOT like the new Home Page.  It is too cluttered, therefore, too difficult to navigate.

I like the comment by the person who said - it looks as tho it was created by someone with

too little real work to do.

New Visitor
koskit

To busy page and where is the STOCK MARKET UPDATE?????

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Re: new page

koskit wrote:

To busy page and where is the STOCK MARKET UPDATE?????

You can find stocks under the Finance tab:

stocks.png

Thanks,
Joe

Visitor

Id like a link to the old homepage also, just cant stick with this mess now. Im giving it a day or 2 while i check other pages for a new homepage if this is staying.

Visitor

[ Edited ]

It is way to busy.  Would be nice if I could close windows I don't need or want, like all the junk on the left side and the right side and a lot of the others.  We only have internet and don't need to see all the other useless items.  If it don't change to a more user friendly page  I'll just have to look for a better home page to use.  This one stinks.

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

[ Edited ]

If you are talking about iGoogle, be aware it is shutting down November 2013. That gives you plenty of time to find yet another. I am currently using Netvibes (http://www.netvibes.com)

Contributor

Constant changes in my home page format

I detest all the changes that are constant on Comcast.   Every time the format is changed I screws up what I can access.   This has been going on since you went to Xfinity.  LEAVE MY HOME PAGE ALONE, PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

Just more proof that the Internet is being stupidified for tiny tablets and users with fat fingers. Everything is spread out now.

There is no law requiring you to use Comcast as your own homepage. I use Netvibes. The POP mail widget even lets you view your new mail subjects, and can link to your mail (if you know the secret super-long link to Comcast's Inbox).

New Visitor
SR49

I agree, that this new homepage stinks.  Too much junk and as others say there is no quick view for the market status and everything is to big.  Give us the option to customize or change it back.

New Visitor
n110kb

New home page

I agree with others - the new home page is NOT an improvement.  Too busy, way more space devoted to ads, lost "local news", font size is too small to read - can we have a choice to go back to the old styule that I can actually use?  I don't really like MSN either, but youi're forcing me to change my home page to them - this just doesn't provide what I want.

New Visitor
madpaul29

Re: New home page

Can't you guys leave well enough alone? Do not like new homepage!!!

Visitor

I don't watch tv online, so I have any reason for the right side-bar or use any of the options on the left bar, and can hide either one. I don't see an option to have the topics I'm interested in visible in the middle so guess it's time to bundle with ATT U-Verse and finally save some money.

New Visitor

No way that this counts as an improvement. Clearly change for the sake of change. I want to go backwards, I beg you . Screen is unusable , forever scrolling down and to the right to see what used to fit on a page comfortably. Lose this change ... Before you loose your edge ... that's what appears to be happening

New Visitor
New Visitor
p66

The new home page you guy set today it very nice and good job

New Visitor
New Visitor
p66

the new is better.

New Visitor
kewlbreez

Home page shmome page. I just want to know how to bypass that dialog that tells me about the "new features" every time I log in. Once is enough. I tried navigating directly to other pages in my account. No dice. As soon as I log in I'm presented with that floating dialog and I have to click the 'x' to close it. Can't the programmer set a flag "user has logged in since new features dialog and therefore has already seen it" ?? It's programming 101.

New Visitor
HILSMOM

New home page

It's dreadful - too many video options, no hard news up front.  I'll be switching to yahoo for my home page unless this is refined very soon.

Contributor

I agree, the new home page is horrible.

Why does Comcast/Xfinity insist on putting terrible, cheezy tabloid-type "content" on the front page, without offering any options for removal or blockage?

Obviously, someone at Comcast/Xfinity KNOWS the majority of their customers don't want to see this type of material, but nevertheless are insisting on forcing it on their customers. Do the people responsible for choosing front-page content hate Comcast/Xfinity customers so much they get some sort of sick thrill by inflicting it on people? 

I'm fed up and thoroughly disgusted..and I'm also about to move to a new cable and internet provider.

New Visitor
bartonchick

I want my old page back....I DO NOT LIKE the new page~~~ what is up with you guys, do i need to change providers...not a happy customer!!

New Visitor
braymond4

I don't like the new page. There is way too much garbage blaring out at you that is just in your way. How can you delete all the junk that you don't need?

New Visitor

Xfinity Homepage

I wish the new homepage would display the current date like it did before.

New Visitor
GCIN

New Comcast Home PAGE

I DON'T like this new home page. I'm going to start using Yahoo

New Visitor
GCIN

I HATE IT TOO!!!!!!!

New Visitor
michael-stahl

I hate this

I logged in tonight - my entire sight that I am used to is gone - stop dictating to me - I hate this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regular Contributor

Wow, I forgot all about this post till I just got a couple emails.  I've resigned to the fact that comcast/xfinity does not care about their customers, just their bottom line ( I guess their corporate supporters are more important than the public).  So I'm just biding my time until........

Also, comcast/xfinity, I Absolutely HATE the New Home Page!!

Contributor

FORMAT ON HOME PAGE

WHY DOES COMCAST CONTINUALLY CHANGE THE FORMAT ON OUR HOME PAGE?   I HATE IT.

LEAVE IT BE.   EVERY TIME I GET USED TO YET 'ANOTHER' CHANGE......IT HAPPENS AGAIN.  NONE OF THEM HAVE BEEN BENEFICIAL TO ACCESSING OUR EMAIL.......PLEASE, PLEASE.........'STOP'

EVERY TIME THERE IS A CHANGE I LOSE YET ANOTHER ACCESS TO SOMETHING!  YOU GUYS HAVE NOW EARNED THE TITLE  OF COM-----

New Visitor
leibell4

new layout

I do not like this new layout.   My voicemail does not seem to be connected.

Having a lot of problems connecting and for some reason all of my inbox mail deleted by itself.

This is why I am seriously thinking of switching to another provider.

New Visitor

New Xfinity Home Page -- A lot of wasted real estate.

I think the new Xfinity home page is a big waste of screen space.  The links on the left are way too large and the pictures down the center take up way too much space!  It's too busy and confusing, making it more difficult to find what you may be looking for.  Try hiring some web designers that can focus on functionality a little more than "splash".

New Visitor
RNKB55

Home Page

I find the new home page not user friendly.....In fact I find nothing of any benefit to me at all.  The design is horrible.  I will be finding another home page.......I believe it would be to your benefit to go back to the drawing board and start completely over.  :smileysad:

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

to_laura wrote:

I don't watch tv online, so I have any reason for the right side-bar or use any of the options on the left bar, and can hide either one. I don't see an option to have the topics I'm interested in visible in the middle so guess it's time to bundle with ATT U-Verse and finally save some money.

Check out the AT&T homepage before you switch to find out if it is indeed better.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
Rosannetiques-1

I HATE THIS NEW HOMEPAGE - CAN I GET THE OLD ONE BACK?

Whose idea was this?   This is definitely not an upgrade.   It is too busy.   There are things that I don't need.   I don't want to have to get used to another format just because XFINITY says that I have to.   Why do people think they have to fix things that aren't broken?   This sucks.

New Visitor
DawnMA

Re: 9/12/12: new home page feedback

I can no longer get into my email & I have to assume it has something to do with the new home page, since I was able to get into my email last night on the old one. 

I am signed in & the home page tells me how many unread emails I have, but every time I click on the email tab to get to them, it opens a new window which tells me that I have to either have Comcast High Speed Internet (which I have) or that I have to sign in (which I already am.)  It appears to recognize that I am signed in since it has my name up in the top right corner of the page.  But I humor it anyway & click on the link to sign in again....and it takes me back to the new home page, which tells me how many unread emails I have.  But when I click on the email tab to get them it opens a new window that tells me I either have to have Comcast High Speed Internet (which I do) or that I have to sign in (which I already am)....

Anyone feel like we're going around in circles here?

In short, I would have no problem with the new home page throwing a bunch of pointless ads & links at me, as long as it also allowed me to do something useful like getting into my email.

Email Expert
CCCarole

If you are getting the Need high speed internet error, there is something wrong with the coding of your account.  If you call 1-800 comcast they should be able to fix that for you.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
clogrpam

I agree with everyone, but as usual I know our voice will not be heard, yet another reason to look for another provider, this is just one of many issues I have had with Comcast across the  3 products.   And customer service is a waste of time.

Thanks for the unimproved home page.  Maybe there is one person out there that likes it.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Hi all,

We thank you for your feedback. We are listening to your suggestions and are taking it under consideration for a future release.

Please continue to post specific feedback about what you like and don't like about the format and we'll do our best to deliver a home page format that satisfies all of our customers.

Thanks,
Joe

Regular Contributor

@ ComcastI don't understand, all you keep replying is for us to be specific in what we want or don't wantI have read ALL the comments here & it seems pretty specific to meWe were never asked if we wanted this change in the first place, so when comcast decided to do it anyway you should have at least made it possible for us to change anything on the homepage we don't want or like

I want my old homepage back, it was much less busy & in your face, it was not as much about entertainment-lifestyle-TV/movies-voice/phone as this new one seems to be. It is very hard to find what you're looking for, the revolving 'news,etc.' at the top is so much worse than the top of old homepage.

In otherwards, there is Absolutely NOTHING about this new homepage that Anyone likesSo why try to coddle us & say our 'feedback' will make it betterOur Feedback is that we want the OLD HOMEPAGE BACK!!!!

Please don't ignore us so as to make your stockholders & backers happy. B/C if we're not happy & leave there will be no point in being a stockholder or backing a company that it's customers are so dissatisfied they begin to leave.

Please Listen to the Majority here & be a company that wants to make their Customers Happy.

TY

Regular Contributor

Hey Queen-Evie, how have you been?  It's been a while since I've been on Twitter, etc., I miss your posts, you never held back & stood your ground.

Well, just saw your name here & wanted to say Hi......HI (lol)

New Visitor
New Visitor

New home page it terrible!!!!!

The new page is so cluttered.  The news is squished into the middle 1/4 of the page.  The rest of the space is taken up by useless information.  I don't care about acccessing my tv listing on my computer, that's what my tv is for so, why use one whole side of the page for that?  I also have an extra 2 inches of blank wasted space on each side of the home page!  Don't understand what was wrong with the other "old" home page.  Change back!!!!!

Official Employee
ComcastEric

Re: New home page it terrible!!!!!

Hi, thanks for your feedback.  I'd like to look into the issues you mention below about the news being squished and the blank space on the sides of the page.  Do you know what your screen resolution is set to and what browser are you using? 

thanks,

Eric

New Visitor
New Visitor

I use Firefox and have for years - no previous problems whatsoever.  Screen resolution has been the same for over 3 years.  I'm not sure what the resolution is but, not changing it since everything else is fine.  Had no problems until Comcast changed the home page.  It is full of useless stuff and wasted space!

Regular Problem Solver
PeteC2

I am singularly unimpressed with the new home page as well...not that the old home page was anything to write home about.

Comcast could well take lessons from AT&T/Yahoo's home page.  Not only a better layout, but also affords users a measure of customization to meet their needs.  Even MSN's home page affords users a better variety of layout options...

There is much that I like about Comcast overall, sadly, their home page is not included.

New Visitor
nleavell

I don't like it either.....is there any way to change things around on the page?

Regular Problem Solver
PeteC2

nleavell wrote:

I don't like it either.....is there any way to change things around on the page?

Not really.  I just wish that there was more of a user-configurable set up.  The other thing, although it is not just a Comcast issue:  There is entirely too much wasted space in the top portion of the page where the google search and Xfinity heading is.  That is similar to the AT&T/Yahoo home page as well.