Official Employee
ComcastEric

Re: Home page for Infinity

jeanjess, directly below the top videos section, in the middle of the home page, you should see "News" in red.  You can click on that to get to the News section, which will take you here:  http://xfinity.comcast.net/news/.  We also feature news throughout the day, including Today's Headlines, in the rotating content space at the top of the page. 

Eric

Visitor

I do not have the weather on my IE any more.  Can this be fixed?

New Visitor

new hompage sucks !!!!

The new homepage created is a major failure in my book. Too much unnecessary junk. Harder to locate things. The old page was just fine and I would like to see it put back the way it was.What squat-brain decided it needed to be changed and what fool decided current format was better? Leave well enough alone. Can you not see most posts relate to how much everyone hates this? Or do you just assume you're so big and powerful that you don't have to care. 

New Visitor
birdmom9

Unnecessary Home Page Issue

The "You are not signed in box" above all of the choices on the left side of the page is redundant. Most people are going to know if they are signed in or not. If they aren't sure, there's is place in the upper right corner that clearly says "Signed in" or "Signed Out". Credit your users with the intelligence to know the difference. I'm tired of having to wait for that box to load, just so that I can sign in to my email. This new home page is already so overloaded, it crawls compared to the previous homepage. I dislike the new home page more than words can say. At the very least, ditch the redundant status box, so that the home page will load a few micro seconds faster.

New Visitor
lleffertz

Re: 9/26/12: new home page feedback

I really hate the new homepage, it's everything I don't want. Way to much sports and I get enough political ads on the TV. I'm going to go to a different home page if I can't change this back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And all the TV an On demand stuff, I don't use that cause I don't watch that on the computer. Please help me to change it back

New Visitor
juanitagen1025

The Way We Do Things

What have you done to our web page?  You have basically screwed up the way we ascess how we get to our accounts ande=mail? Was necessary for you to make changes that nobody understand what their doing?  What is the difference between x-finity and comcast?

Contributor
charliek52

homepage garabge

HOW DO I GET THE GARBAGE OFF MY HOMEPAGE! Today garbage have found more garbage on the home page. I thought I had the right to pick what I want to see not all this GARBAGE about big bird or how wonderful the pres is I am tired of NBC on my homepage I do not watch it on my TV why should I have on my homepage?

Visitor
mars9565

Sir/Madam:

I DISLIKE YOUR NEW HOME PAGE! WHY DID YOU CHANGE IT?

Visitor

Local News

I'd like to have my local news feed back.

New Visitor
terrylynn52

It is absolutely horrible. I don't like it at all. WHY did it change?????????????

You need new designers. Someone that might actually have to use it. What a LOUSY idea to have a "roll over" advertisement in the upper right hand corner!!!!!! I spend more time closing it than I do on anything else now.

If I was ever thinking about dumping Comcast this went a long way toward helping me to make up my mind to really start shopping around and do it!

New Visitor

I really don't like the new homepage.  I would like to have the old one back too.  I actually wish we could customize our home pages too.  I have tried several of the others and will probably go back to  them.

Contributor

At this point I'd be happy with just stopping these forum message updates.  They're flooding my inbox and won't stay put in the spam folders.  Maybe we should roll back the conversation to proper settings in the forum as well?  Geesh. 

Contributor

In the message you get, you can opt out of getting any more replies

New Visitor
notslar51

Re: New home page is horrible. Can I have the old one back ?

Ever since you changed the Home Page I have had nothing but trouble with it. Plus if you are going to change things why do I have to click on email then have to click on it again on the next page. Make useful changes. I like the old home page better than this troubling one.

Regular Problem Solver
BlueJay

Hi jahllappraisals,

To stop the emails, click on the OPTIONS box in the upper right corner of the message and select UNSUBSCRIBE.

Also,

1. click My Settings at the top of this page.

2. click Subscriptions & Bookmarks

3. under Options, untick the Automatically subscribe me to topics.... etc. (SAVE)

4. click Email Subscriptions

5. follow instructions for deleting any items listed

6. the most important---   SAVE before exiting that area..

Hope this helps

ciao, bj

New Visitor
johndaniel1179

i think the NEW homepage sucks. you guys SAY that your all about customer service. well then why do you force us to have this homepage? we should have had the option to switch to it or not.AFTERALL WE PAY THE BILL. and after readind some of these other post you have ALOT of unhappy customers.so give us all our money back because we are NOT SATTISFIED CUSTOMERS. (yea like they really care if we are or not)!!!!!!!!

New Visitor
thomas8106

Only 1 word to describe the new home page. HORRIBLE ! Too much clutter and "in your face" Xfinity. Look how HUGE the left panel is. On 10/10/2012, the upper center panel had 2 "news" stories concerning Xfinity themselves. Another was about 'Dancing with the Stars' ! I'm serious. This useless info was further up the page than the REAL news about the Meningitis Outbreak. C'mon, really folks? Currently looking for another home page with the news I need and can use.

New Visitor
johnschaaf

Stock Market update & ticker

Is it possible to have stock market update/ticker showing on Comcast home page.  We could do this with previous version.  Thanks.

Email Expert
Latoque

Re: The Way We Do Things

Xfinity IS Comcast.  It's just been re-badged, that's all.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
New Visitor
thomas8106

Forgot 1 question. I don't know if there is a relationship between new home page and spam, but I seem to be getting a lot more spam lately on both my Comcast e-mail accounts. Anyone else seem to notice this?

Frequent Visitor

I think your new "Oops. you need to sign in" is infantile and stupid.

You home page is so garish and inflammatory.  Really, I find it voyeuristic and so unsophisticated.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Re: I think your new "Oops. you need to sign in" is infantile and stupid.

Last night I did something I rarely do. I went to the Comcast homepage. (it still looks like an online version of a bad supermarket tabloid).

I had to go into Xfinity Connect to check something there. (everytime I look at XC it makes me glad I use an email client)

There it was, on the left side of the page:

Uh-oh, you're not signed in.

You must sign in to access your account and sync your XFINITY services with your homepage.

Gee Comcast, do you think you are telling us something we don't know? We are not stupid-we know we are not signed in and we know we have to sign in to be able to access mail and other features.

I'm also glad I don't use the page as my homepage.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Contributor
mistercopcar

I like the new-new-homepage much more than the previous-new-homepage. However, it would be a lot more useful if users could move those blocks of information in the center of the page into a different order based on what is most relevant to them, like you can on eBay's "My eBay" page. I'd like the News section on top, but I'm sureother people want to see the sports or entertainment or finance first. Yesterday I was using my laptop and a wifi connection, which was a bit slow to load, and twice in a row I tried to click on the lead news story, but the video thing popped up and pushed the news section down, and twice I started the same stupid video clip. WOW was that aggravating.

New Visitor
juanitagen1025

Re: The Way We Do Things

Thanks for your reply.  Comcast has not only being re-badged, but made it very difficult to navigate. 

New Visitor
LeahNettie

Really like your new Home Page - with one exception: Find the audio Ads that pop up to be irritating

New Visitor
KK17

New home page - yeeesh.

Serously "Uh-Oh! You're not signed in." is just a little juvenile isn't it? A little embarrassing for someone over, well 5.

Contributor
unhappydon

The new "improved" website

Wow, the new Comcast homepage really stinks! I tried to get the 10 day weather and every time I try to click on it some news photo pops up.

I tried to pay my bill today. My first attempt was greeted with the message, "Your account is inactive". I checked my input and I had entered the current (correct) account number.

I waited awhile and tried again. This time it brought up my account, led me through the steps but when I tried to process the payment it took me back to the beginning! I went no further because I sure didn't want to make a double payment.

On my third attempt (later) I succeeded, finally. Why would they make it hard to pay the bill, don't they want my money?

Oh, and for all the "improvements" the webite response time has slowed dramatically.

Regular Visitor

Re: new page

We shouldn't have to go to another page.  It was shown prominently on the old page.  Put it back.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Re: The new "improved" website

unhappydon wrote:

I tried to get the 10 day weather and every time I try to click on it some news photo pops up

We are aware of this issue and our team is working on it now. I will update this thread when it is fixed.

Sorry,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Visitor

The new Homepage

The new Homepage is worst then the old one. Not all of us are interested in TV listings, or Celeb. Gossip. Who ever decided that the financial news does not belong on the front page was very much mistaken. It also takes way to long(time) to get from one page to an other. I don't know what the problem is, and I don't care, it is just very aggravating and frankly stupid.

New Visitor

HOMEPAGE.

PLEASE...! STOP CHANGING MY HOMEPAGE EVERY THREE DAYS!!!!!!!!!! JERKS!

Visitor

I hate this new format!  Change it back to the one almost as bad as this! 

New Visitor

Today's date

On your new home page there is no date at the top.  At times, when I go on my computer,  yesterday's info  is still on my screeen and without a date I do now know if it is new news or old news.  Computer has multiple users.

Thank you

Regular Problem Solver
PeteC2

Re: HOMEPAGE.

jodyorson wrote:

PLEASE...! STOP CHANGING MY HOMEPAGE EVERY THREE DAYS!!!!!!!!!! JERKS!

I have to say that I understand the sentiment.  Not only is the "new" homepage worse than the not-that-great old home page, now it seems that they are changing things around every few days or so...and yes, that is irritating.

Take a look at Yahoo/AT&T's homepage...look at all the user-configurable settings...this is not a perfect home-page, but it is light years superior to Xfinity's

New Visitor

I really dislike Xfinity's new homepage, especially having to page down to click on email.  TOO MUCH JUNK IN THE WAY. 

New Visitor
ihcxi

New Xfinity home page

Truely hate this new homepage format. Don;t want lifestyle, don't want entertainment. Looks like it's Google or Bing as a home page. 

New Visitor

I hate the new home page.  Thought I had it fixed, but it still brings up two pages.  Think I will find a new home page soon!

New Visitor
darrellwcook

The New HOME PAGE Sucks Big Time

[ Edited ]

Who's Bright Idea, (Comcast of course), was it to fill My "PAID FOR" Home page with their ad's. 

I do not want to have to scroll down to find my stuff, and it isn't even customizable. I am going to leave comcast and search for a home page that is Truly a Home Page, My Landing Spot.

Does anyone know of any place that I can customize for a True Home Page?

I want my experience not theirs.

I pay a lot of money for Comcast and then they Hijack my space for their advertising, it stinks if you want my opinion.

Does anyone else agree?

If so, voice your opinion and Maybe they will get a clue?

Doubtful, but just maybe...

EDIT: I removed some inappropiate language to aviod it being deleted. - ComcastJoe

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: The New HOME PAGE Sucks Big Time

Ten plus pages of agreement, with no indication from Comcast that things will improve.  :smileysad:

Contributor

Home page

Please have your programmers take the focus OFF the search box.  Every time I land on this page and I want to arrow down I can't because the focus (I beam) is set inside the search box.

New Visitor
harry454

Not is the layout of the new page horrible, I wonder why we are forced to see all of the commercial ads when we are all paying a high price for the service. 

There should be an option to opt out of all of the commercial ad garbage including the political garbage !!!

As an additional note the monthly customer usage data seems to be missing from the user account page I sure do miss it not being available 

New Visitor
darrellwcook

Re: The New HOME PAGE Sucks Big Time

I have been searching for new home pages that are fully customizable and landed on a site called "SYMBALOO".

I am going to check it out and see what it's all about.

So far it looks cool. With fully integratable modules and very colorful.

I'll post more later once I guinea pig the page. 

Darrell

Contributor

I don't really mind the new home page, but why is there the big black box covering up my weather?

New Visitor

New Home Page

Please, please, please get rid of the "Welcome to Xfinity". Its in the way, takes forever to load, makes it difficult to get to the login, and really not necessary to those of us who have been customers for a long, long time!

Regular Visitor

Re: New Home Page

I hate this new home page.  I have already sent in my opinion along with dozens of others and in return I got an automated msg. about 100 before I unlisted my account. 

My real gripe is the local news.  You put in your zip code and all you get is Seattle news.  Am tired of Seattle news, there other cities in Washington that have news! 

New Visitor

new homepage sucks

Hate this new format, AOL homepage here I come....

Visitor

The Comcast Home Page

I really dislike the new Comcast home page with the ads that keep popping up ! The old one was suffice.

I don't like the looks of this new one. On a serious note, I am going to look into another provider who

is moving into this area. At least allow us to click on to the old home page if we wish ! You are going to

lose customers if you keep forcing people to use this lousy home page. The ads should be removed!!!!.

I can not believe that Comcast does not make enough money without the ads.

New Visitor

Re: The Comcast Home Page

I agree 100% -- we pay enough for internet service, and are still bombarded with ads. Please. In addition, the new page now brings in 1/2 of my screen - every time - with Xfinity/Comcast junk. I need to scroll down just to get to my email area. Ridiculous.

And I am still waiting for the lightning-fast speed touted in the TV ads. Slower and slower, nothing to do with lightning.

Visitor
jlwsmurf

FYI, You have finally made such a mess of my Xfinity home page that I have changed my home page to another company.  Xfinity/Comcast's new garbage-laden home page is out.  My next action, which will unfortunately take longer, is to get all my sign-ons changed over to my Google e-mail and get friends and businesses updated with the Google e-mail address.  It will take a while, but fortunately I will eventually say GOOD RIDDANCE! to Xfinity.

Do the powers that be in your company seriously believe they can continue to force anything and everything they feel like onto their customers without repercussions?  There is a point where the bottom line will be noticeably affected.  May it be today.

New Visitor
cheflefty

horrible service/homepage

[ Edited ]

ever since xfinity started this new homepage, the service has been sporadic at best. The homepage rarely loads fully, the email closes itself randomly, and the menus don't function. For the money you people expect us to pay, do you think you could actually make sure the service is actually functional before forcing these so called "upgrades" on customers who look forward to the services promised? Of course, that's probably not the "profitable" road to take, so us little folk will just have to deal with exorbitant prices for mediocre service.