Regular Contributor

Re: 9/12/12: new home page feedback

TY & God Bless BJ.  I may have my Internet service through Comcast, but I no longer obliged to have them as my homepage.  I will swing by there & look at your suggestion.  Truthfully I'm already signed up with Yahoo & have been for a few years now, but never used them as my homepage for...I have no idea why not.  Basically, I think I was content with comcast until they pulled this chit.  What do you know about aol.com?  My sisters & brother all have it, but I never really paid attention to it.

Thanks Again!

New Visitor
gemarks1

New front page

I miss having the stock market indexes on the front page.

Visitor

Re: New home page is horrible. Can I have the old one back ?

I hate the new homepage, not customizable, just plain awful. - Yahoo for me. Your choice for 'first class news and video' isn't mine. Page is too busy, not easy to navigate. I don't appreciate having it forced on me.

Contributor
charliek52

Nobody is fooled. I hope verizon get's itself straighten out soon! then maybe the real story will be on my home page not somebody in Phila.'s idea of news! why can't your customers choose their own home page. Afraid you'll lose your progressive buddies?

New Visitor
jeffgo24

Comcast/Xfinity New Homepage

Xfinitie's new homepage toally sucks!! Someone most likely got a big raise for screwing this up! Same old Comcast. Time to start looking around, seriously!

Regular Problem Solver
BlueJay

Re: 9/12/12: new home page feedback

PattiT wrote:

TY & God Bless BJ.  I may have my Internet service through Comcast, but I no longer obliged to have them as my homepage.  I will swing by there & look at your suggestion.  Truthfully I'm already signed up with Yahoo & have been for a few years now, but never used them as my homepage for...I have no idea why not.  Basically, I think I was content with comcast until they pulled this chit.  What do you know about aol.com?  My sisters & brother all have it, but I never really paid attention to it.

Thanks Again!

YW, Patti..   Any and all Blessings welcomed.. :smileyhappy:  

I have no knowledge of aol.com, other than some of friends & relatives have that address..  I did, at one time, use their instant messenger but that was many years ago..  Trying to simplify my life. :smileywink:

The only comcast page I used, was their /lite version,  they got rid of that many years ago..  Through those years, I've been bookmarking pertinent links to these forums, mail,and the usage meter.

I had a rough patch with them(specifically email) around the end of June..  Finally got a workable link and have had smooth sailing since then.  Good Luck in your search for a "friendly" home page..

ciao, bj

Visitor
Melnock2

Re: 9/19/12: new home page feedback

I do not like this new home page.  It is cluttered with so much junk that I have no interest in at all.  There does not seem to be any way to customize the page.  I do not care or want all this junk.  Time to find a new home page.

New Visitor
chaosonejoe

Here's a wild concept:

Let's allow me to check my basic Comcast use, without being subjected to subjective and politically charged news stories, entertainment crud, and a whole lot of other 'stuff' that I don't want, don't want to pay for, but apparently some idiom management figure declared that I must be subjected to, well, just because just because.

Why am I paying someone to show me news, when I get news from trusted sources?

And Comcast sure the heck ain't one of them.

--JB

New Visitor

Re: CUSTOMIZING XFINITY HOMEPAGE

As to Igoogle...its going away too. I have them for my home page because I can customise it and not deal with all the junk that xfinity feels is "vital" to knowing about.  Like I care that Lindsay Lohan was arrested again. Big woop. I don't even know who she is...but, there it was on the home page of xfinity.  WOW....and before I posted, I had to clean up a "bad" word? Talk about censorship and my right to free speech.  *slapping right hand with left hand...now don't you go typing a bad word again*. 

New Visitor

You're "listening"? To who are you listening to? Certainly not to those of us who have posted on this forum. This is just plain junk and you know it and so does the rest of the world know it. If Comcast "listened" to their customers they'd realize that what the customers are screaming for is to be able to get rid of the junk that they are not interested in and allow them to cusomize it. The way it is right now, I can't find what I'm looking for...its buried under such drivel and useless pieces of junk. It is basically a nonfunctioning website that offers absolutely no value. 

New Visitor
skymist2

New Home page

Put it back the way it was. new homepage sucks.

Visitor

Re:  new home page....where's local news?  As part of the boomer population, change gets harder to conquer, but I'll give it a shot.  Please, someone, anyone, tell me how to access local news?

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

doinnuttin wrote:

Re:  new home page....where's local news?  As part of the boomer population, change gets harder to conquer, but I'll give it a shot.  Please, someone, anyone, tell me how to access local news?

Right above Top Videos you will see some links that say Explore More:. The second link says Local.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Visitor

OK, I've tried to move the > under Explore More, but it doesn't move.  How do I get the Explore More to move to the right to get to Local News?  Any chance of putting the local news on the home page?  Any way to delete sports & politics?  Thanks.

Visitor

OK, finally got to Local News.  Now for the local videos.  I don't think many people care about how cute or sexy someone is on the dating scene as part of the local videos.  Can we keep local to local and not local dating scene? 

Contributor

I really hate the new home page.  Fortunately, it is no longer my home page--I'm switching to either Yahoo or MSN. 

Comcast, why do you only cater to entertainment news?  I really don't care which movie star is dating another. 

Let us turn off the pieces we don't want to see.  Didn't we used to be able to customize the page at one time?

This is typical Comcast.  Act first, and ask for opinions later.  Why didn't you poll people BEFORE changing it and see what people are looking for in the way of changes?

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

To ComcastJoe: please help us in understanding that why, in the very few posts you do make, you never actually keep us updated on what exactly comcast is doing with all this feedback?  Or even if they are taking us seriously or just having you pop on every so often to tell us comcast appreciates our feedback...but? Where is the plans that you have for us and this(our) homepage?

I have really tried to be patient, but it seems that you & comcast don't even want to address this very important issue to many many of your customers.  And to think I was always told that the customer is always right....got kinda lost between comcast & xfinity I think, wouldn't that be fair to say?  I think with so many customers jumping ship you guys would try to do Something, ANYTHING to keep your customers.  i have been a supporter since I started, but seriously, if I don't hear from you or some other person in authority soon about this issue I will hold true to my promise of leaving for a new homepage elsewhere & will take as many with me as I can.

Recognized Contributor
Creechuur

I honestly can't believe people felt the need to use Comcast's dated and insulting homepage just because they are Comcast customers. I've been a customer for over a decade and I've never set that garbage to my home page.

I open my browser today (Google is my home page btw, just plain old vanilla Goggle) and go to check my email. Of course I have to go through the Comcast home page first. It looks different, but upon further inspection I see that all they did was move stuff around and make headlines bigger for people who cant see.

Congratulations. You've just reached circa 2004, right before Yahoo made their page customizable.

I WANT A DIRECT LINK TO EMAIL THAT DOESNT FORCE ME TO YOUR HORRIBLE HOME PAGE.

Contributor

Specific:

large blank space in middle

email etc moved to other side of page which is no big deal unless you are frequent user--slows you down

lots of ads!

distracting pictures on both sides of page

your webdesign people need to think of another way to keep their jobs, or ask customer if they would like a change.  We pay the salary

New Visitor
tbpitts

page is way to busy and has so much useless stuff on it now that it makes my head hurt. guess i will have to use a different homepage and use outlook to check email. 

New Visitor
flyrodder

Agree with virtually all comments from those who hate it.  Entire left side is devoted to signing in (don't recall having to do that before) and "go-to" options (available elsewhere).  Right side is all TV related (of no interest to me).  Prior useful items are now missing or blocked.  No user choice allowed...just, "tough if you don't like it". 

Visitor

new home page

I hate this new home page!!!

Too cluttered, too much junk.....will probably have to change my home page to something more user friendly!

Official Employee
ComcastEric

Hi all,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.  We're sorry to hear that some of you don't like the new homepage.  Prior to designing the new page, we collected customer feedback to determine how best to design the page for all of our customers.  We have a wide audience of customers accessing the page for a variety of reasons and the site needs to serve all of them.  Also, prior to launch we did extensive testing on the new home page, collected customer feedback, and made adjustments to the page.  Based on the feedback we're collecting from various sources in addition to the Forums, there's been a lot of positive feedback and many customers actually prefer the new page.

We'll continue to monitor and make adjustments and strive to deliver a home page that satisfies our customers, so please continue to submit specific feedback about the new page.  We hope you'll give the new site a chance and continue to use it as your home page.

Eric

Visitor

I HATE IT!!

TOO CLUTTERED, TOO MUCH JUNK.....I AM CHANGING MY HOME PAGE.....GOODBYE

New Visitor
tbpitts

I don't think you'll considered every customers feedback. I replied honestly and told you'll then it was too cluttered.

Visitor

Changed it and it is still cluttered and horrible.  Why fix what is not broken...

Visitor

Hey, ComcastEric....let's see the positive feedback on the new homepage.  I sure can find any when I Google the subject

Visitor

I got 8 Emails to respons to "reply" but can't even find my original post, much less an explanation.  Help?

Contributor

Please add link to customize new homepage.  Want local news first--Yes, I do know where to find it.  do not need entertainment news unless I want to look for it.  Want local news and date. Please add ability to customize my page that I am paying for. 

Contributor

You said customer feedback gave you the ideas of how to improve homepage.  could you please tell me how many customers were surveyed and how this survey was conducted?  thank you

New Visitor

There is so much going on that its actualy giving me a head ache. Its busy...way too busy. I can't believe that in order to access "Local" interests, we have to click on a link. I prefer to have a home page that caters to my interests, not what someone "thinks" I'm interested in. Give us options to customize and get rid of the junk that we're not interested in. Such a simple request and as usual, nobody is listening. If there were people who gave positive feedback, show us the positive feedback. ANYONE can say they received good feedback, its another when you can't back it up. If you want to cater to couch potatoes who are so addicted to their electronics, then cater to those of us who have lives that doesn't revolve around computers and cable.

Regular Visitor

The new web page is useless I want my old page back. This will make people go to a different home page including me.

Regular Visitor

This page is really bad need to have the options on how we want to look at the home page. Have the people work on cutting cost and leave the things that work alone.

Contributor
edgar61

Re: Web page

I couldn't agree more - the new home page is awful - I switched back to Yahoo.

New Visitor

I dislike the new homepage VERY MUCH!  It is overwhelming to look at and to navigate.  There are no easy links to desired news stories, it makes finding what you are browsing for way too complicated.  It has been my homepage for years, but If this page remains, I will be switching to a new home page and avoid the xfinity one all together.

New Visitor
mariagardner

New home page

Your new homepage is terrible.  Please do away with hit and go  back to previous format.  It is unbelieveably useless.  Thinking of changing service. 

Contributor

Please give link to "various sources"

I would like to read them

Hi all,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.  We're sorry to hear that some of you don't like the new homepage.  Prior to designing the new page, we collected customer feedback to determine how best to design the page for all of our customers.  We have a wide audience of customers accessing the page for a variety of reasons and the site needs to serve all of them.  Also, prior to launch we did extensive testing on the new home page, collected customer feedback, and made adjustments to the page.  Based on the feedback we're collecting from various sources in addition to the Forums, there's been a lot of positive feedback and many customers actually prefer the new page.

We'll continue to monitor and make adjustments and strive to deliver a home page that satisfies our customers, so please continue to submit specific feedback about the new page.  We hope you'll give the new site a chance and continue to use it as your home page.

Eric

Visitor

changing my home page to somthing else it will be better then this

Contributor
susiemargaret

Re: CUSTOMIZING XFINITY HOMEPAGE

hello --

the new home page is indecipherable.  please at least give us back the ability to customize it.

thank you for your consideration.

-- susie margaret

Contributor

This is not the first website redesign I've seen in this style...I don't know who your design consultant is, but NO ONE likes this ugly website style. The font/typeface is HUGE and ugly, and it's difficult to read.

Guess I'll be looking for a new homepage.

New Visitor
Dawn61

Xfinity Home Page

I would just like to have the option of customizing my home page as I had before. I Know I am not the only person who feels this way. I really love my home page but I want it the way I want it . Please bring back the customization option.

New Visitor
Dawn61

All we really want is the option to customize it the way we want it. If we can customize it I think everyone would be happy

New Visitor
A-edoc

Change for change sake

Please...just put it back the way it was.  There is too much wasted space.  The radio buttons on the left side are too large and taking up screen space. There is far too much scrolling necessary especially if the user needs to zoom to see smaller text.  Also, home page customization was a very popular feature and many folks invested THEIR time in YOUR product, but in a display of whimsy Comcast says "no" we know what you like so use this instead.  Just roll it back to the previous version.

Contributor
rgrayers

new home page

I hated the last home page and this one is no different.  Why do I have to watch the same friggin commercial over and over and over.  I PAY for Comcast and then have to watch commercials, too!!   I'm so sick of the Pugi car commercial I wouldn't buy one of those cars if it was the last one on earth.  Comcast cable TV is the same.....200+ stations....mostly poor shows with commercials every 4-5 minutes!  

New Visitor
jdschuebel

STINK STINK STINK!!!!  Your page is worthless.  I don't think I've seen anything yet on the home page that interests me...it's all what YOU think we want to see.  Let us know when we can customize our own page...till then I'll be using other home pages like google or such!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Visitor
tjach01

REALLY REALLY HORRIBLE... I WOULD FIRE WHOEVER WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR MAKING THIS... LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS... I'VE BEEN A CUSTOMER FOR FIVE YEARS AND HAVE NEVER BEEN CONTACTED BY COMCAST ON MY OPINION OF THE WEBSITE... HELLO!!!!!!!

New Visitor

Xfinity Home Page Setup

Not crazy about it but it's ok.  Please please PUT THE DATE BACK ON THE HOME PAGE!!!

Visitor

New WEB Page

Holy snikies! I have been complaining about the Home Page for years. You have finally done it. The new design is fantastic. It's going to take some getting used to, but at first-glance it is extremely well done. "Almost" worth the wait. Looks like you finally got rid of that 20-year old IT WEB-designer nerd, and replaced him with a clear-thinking adult, who actually considered what the user might want; rather than satisying his own need to be clever and cute.

Well done, Good job, "well-played". Now see if that guy has a brother you can hire for the billing department.

rc

Visitor

Re: Xfinity Home Page Setup

Karen, good for you. Add me to the "short list" of those who don't mind the new page. I actually like it, the previous one sucked. To those who complain about "change for change sake", I submit they are members of the ever-growing "complain for the sake of complaining" camp. I have been frustrated by the useless Home page for years. This one is well-thought out.

rc

Visitor

It's great.