New Visitor
Brandi76

Re: 9/19/12: new home page feedback

Please replace my old home page now. your new page is wrong ,awful , not worth me staying with comcast. AT&t has a good deal and I will be able to keep my homepage till I want to change it. GOT IT???

New Visitor
Brandi76

Re: New home page is horrible. Can I have the old one back ?

COMCAST ERIC return my old HOME PAGE NOW PLEASE. If you do not I will get AT&T and you are dead meat.

New Visitor
vthogman

New Home page

This is the worst thing I have seen come from Xfinity yet! Bring back the old Home page at least you could edit the contents.

Contributor
DailyShot

Re: New Website Look

Do not like the new Page Set-up.    Needs more of a personnel approach or control over it. The new look could get rid of 60% of the unneeded crip.  No wonder I do not use this browser. Someone must like or has a lot of employees that have to agree or else.

Visitor
tghoffman

The New layout

I hate the new layout. you have to scroll through to much of the page to view the content.  I liked it better in a more condenced format.   I do not like it.  I may have to change my home page.

Visitor
tghoffman

The new layout is a P.O.S. need I say more.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Seriously now ComcastJoe.....I am with the majority here & want to see your so-called list of the people you showed this page to who Loved it.

As I & many others have said multiple times....It's too Big & Busy!  Please stop the continuous posts about how to navigate the page...that's NOT what we want.  We want it to be OUR PAGE.

If you won't change it back then the VERY least Comcast should do is give us the Option to CUSTOMIZE our own pages.

TY & will wait for reply.

New Visitor
ClaytonT

I hate the new homepage and can't believe that we cannot simply customize the view.  Very frustrating. 

Visitor
nrcbtm1

I used to use MyYahoo as my home page because it allowed me to customize which features to include on my home page, and how to arrange them on the page.  I chose to include headline summaries and links from a variety of news sources (including the New York Times, L.A. Times, USA Today, sports news, science news, PCWorld, and PCMag.com), my local weather, my calendar, and a summary of new Yahoo email messages. I also included the Xfinity bar in my browser's tool bar.

I switched to Xfinity for my home page because it had more information on what's on my Comcast cable TV.  

What I like best about the new Xfinity home page is its links to my TV set, including TV listings and my DVR manager, and its links to my Xfinity email and phone messages.   But I  would prefer if it allowed me the option of customizing at least some of what's on my Xfinity home page.  Plus it needs to add my calendar events for the day and my to-do list.  A grocery shopping list would also be a nice feature to have.  

The current version of the Xfinity page is too busy, and it has too much gossip about TV and entertainment personaities while lacking information on todays TV highlights and program reviews.

I also want the local weather to be in a more prominent location.  I didn't even realize it was on the page and was relying on WeatherBug for local weather (WeatherBug gives me up to the minute temperature, wind and rain data from weather equipment installed at local schools.) I also like the link to local news.

I switched from PC to Apple Mac a couple of years ago.  As a result I can't use some of the Constant Guard security features provided by Xfinity nor the tune-up assistance to speed up its use. 

Visitor
tghoffman

Comcast home page change

Does Comcast ever ask their customers if they want their home page changed?  I think not!!!   Why keep inventing the wheel?  Six Sigma would indicate to improve only what the customer would pay for.  Make one person happy they will tell 3 friends. tick off one person they will complain to 20 people.  Gee what do you think comcast should do?

tghoffman

New Visitor

I can understand the need to change everything:smileyconfused:, but who in the **** decided that I should not have the ability to customize a home page to fit my needs. I did not like losing that ability in the last "modernization" of the site but it was not too hard to live with.

This new home page completely sucks

To say that you are determined to fulfill the needs of your customers and then provide a POS like this with no way to customize it for personal use is a complete falsehood.

Official Employee
ComcastEric

Hi all,

In regard to how we collect our feedback, we have research and usability teams that conducted independent testing that informed the site design.  Then we began testing the page with a small group of customers in April, collecting feedback, and making adjustments based on that feedback.  In June, we began offering a preview of the new site to ALL customers from the Xfinity.com home page.  That preview included a link to a survey.  Now that the site is live, there's a survey link available on the home page - its currently in the 5th spot in the main promotional window.  Here's the link, but the feedback isn't public:

https://www.research.net/s/GQN5JLH

In regard to offering the ability to customize, we did previously offer this feature as some of your recall, but it was discontinued in 2010 due to low usage.  The amount of time and resources that were required to maintain the customizable site didn't justify the limited amount of usage that the site got.  Just speculation, but this is probably the same reason that Google is discontinuing iGoogle.  But, we are currently looking into ways in which we can allow customers some level of customization of the home page.

Thanks again for the feedback.  We hope you'll continue to use the page and keep it as your home page.  We know sometimes change can be hard, but after using it for a bit, we think you might even like it better.

Eric

New Visitor
david1103

I don't care for the new home page.  How do I get the old one back?

Contributor

Tell me why I have to sign in on my new home page which takes me to the old home page where I sign in AGAIN to get my email??????  WTH

Contributor

So in other words, even though virtually every post here BEGS you to put the home page back the way it was and tells you how much we all hate the new one, your answer is, "Try it, you'll like it."  That doesn't jibe with your earlier posts that said you're taking our concerns seriously and will consider revamping the page to be how we want it.  Somehow I get the feeling that all of these nameless people who you say really like the new version are about 17 years old. 

Visitor
tkirchgessner

Amen. Change for the sake of change is a pain and this one is most painful. I too would be happy to have the old format; at least I knew where to find things. This new format disease must be a symptom of too many people with not enough to do, 164 replies with only 14 kudos. That ought to tell anyone this is just making users angry. Tom Kirchgessner

Contributor

Comcast

There was low usage on the customizable page because everyone customized and didn't use it again!

Visitor
Melnock2

I filled out the survey linked above and I seriouly doubt it wil do any good.  From what I have been reading on this forum, most of the feedback and/or suggestion given here are not even being seriously considered.

As to specifics of why I hate (and am no longer using the new homepage) :

The "news" bars are way too big, I have no choice as to where they display or even what is displayed. I could care less about what is happening with the latest "newsworthy" overpaid so-and-so out of Hollywood but that seems to be the emphasis of this "new improved" homepage.  I am not some brain dead sheeple who needs my news choices selected for me and have no use for Comcast's choices.

Not only that but now I am being bombarded with emails from Comcast ever since my first post here.  Every one of those emails say a reply has been made to my comment but none of them are replies.  They seem to be autosent by any post made by anyone on this forum.

Visitor
tkirchgessner

Re: new home page

Eric, what you need to understand is that anything requires we users to learn new locations etc. When we already know where and how to get what we are interested in, a new format requiring us to relearn seems to us a waste of time.

New Visitor

Too much information on home page but NO STOCK MARKET?????  Too much stuff about entertainment and stars.  Will look into Google for my homepage.

Visitor

There was NOTHING WRONG with my selections horizontally at the TOP of the page !

The new homepage is an example of inconvenience disguised as 'improvement'.

Is this somehow tied to political monetary icentives from the liberal organizations Comcast in inexoribly linked to, or merely the callous, un-eneccesary decisions of management?

To quote the script of Comcast representatives : "I can help you with that"  :

- I have never used Comcast as my homepage because of it's biased news and entertainment centic focus.

I use Washington Times or FoxNews as my homepage, because just checking my email is an exercise in rage for me until THIS 'improvement, where rage is now a positive Comcast experience for me.

- it is already bad enough the way my bill seems to inch higher every cycle.

- IMPROVE my ability to customize my Comcast Homepage to SHOW my INBOX, and fit the mess on my screen, show dates in the irritating inbox 'preview'

....EXCEPT, I mean it.

Contributor
edgar61

How about just changing it back to it's original state ?

Contributor
edgar61

I did the survey too, but I'm sure they will just keep it the way it is....sadly.  They don't give a !@#$ what WE (the people who PAY for their service) think.

New Visitor
laiko1

I am with the concensus of the group! I do not like the new homepage at all if they don't give the option of going back to the old homepage I will look for another one. YUCK!

Visitor

Yesterday we got the old home page back.  Thank You Comcast.

Contributor

How did you get old homepage back?

Contributor

How did you get it back????   I want it!!

Visitor

WHY CHANGE THE OLD PAGE?  WHAT'S THE PURPOSE?  IF I WANT TO WATCH TV I WATCH TV...NOT ON THE COMPUTER..WHEN I'M ON THE COMPUTER I WANT TO USE THE COMPUTER..SO WHY ALL THE JUNK ABOUT TV ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE NEW PAGE..AND THE LEFT SIDE IS SO HUGE IT'S RIDICULOUS...

CHANGING MY EMAIL SO I DON'T NEED COMCAST HOMEPAGE....PHEWWWWWWWWWWWW

IT STINKS!!!!!!

SURE ALL THE MONEY YOU PAY COMCAST AND FOR INTERNET, TV AND PHONE PACKAGE AND THEY STICK THE TV ON HERE...AND THE VOICEMAIL...DON'T USE IT...DON'T WATCH TV ONLINE EITHER....JUST STUPID THAT'S ALL.

NOT IT'S NOT ABOUT A GOOD CHANGE EITHER....IT'S JUST DUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visitor
E2muffs

new home page

Hate the new home page, please give us back the old one--to much junk and not what I want on homepage!!

New Visitor
gldfver

Re: new home page

PLEASE>>>> GO BACK TO OLD HOME PAGE>>>

To much garbage I don't want or need.

Regular Visitor

to busy for me

Contributor
edgar61

How did you get the old page back ???????????????

New Visitor

New Homepage Look

Gotta tell you, this new look really sucks. How about a headsup the next time you want screw things up.

New Visitor

The new home page is a mess.  Too much junk on it.  If I want to know whats on TV I will look it up.  Everything is repeated numerous times.  Let the user customize what they want to see.

New Visitor

I am going to switch to AT&T or Google.

New Visitor
Fenrys67

The new homepage stinks. I wished we were asked before you just went and changed it, or maybe offered to keep the old one as a preference. Please bring back the old homepage!!

Visitor
amullig

Sorry. I don't like the new homepage design. It's busy to the point of frantic, and it emphasizes material for which I have little use or interest. I much prefer the previous design.

Visitor

hate new home page

this new xfinity is terrible with trying to read news stories...I do not want a home page of video, I want pages to read...give me back comcast.net

Visitor
E2muffs

Are you listeining, we the people do not like the new home page, it has way to much clutter and is really hard to even look at.  Especially us older people do not like to much confusion!!!  Get it!!

Visitor

ComcastEric..who is your supervisor since you are obviously not putting credence in the feedback you are getting.  It's demeaning to imply that just because we may think the new homepage is second rate, hard to maneuver, too busy, lacks intellectual content, and full of useless tabs, that one is resistant to change.  What an insult.  We are the customer, not you.  

Contributor
edgar61

ComcastEric, as you can see from these numerous posts, the new Comcast / Xfinity home page isn't being welcomed very positively. Personally, I hate it and have switched back to Yahoo. Comcast bleeds it's customers on a monthly basis for their service and I think that we should be heard - plain and simple, the new page sucks - we should have the option of switching back to the old page or use the "new and improved" mess you guys have put together. New isn't always better - especially in this case. I have a Comcast and Yahoo email account, so now I just have my Comcast messages forwarded to my Yahoo account - no need for the Comcast page anymore.

New Visitor
read3456

Comcast web page

The new comcast web page SUCKS!!! It takes longer to get in it and then I have to listen to a boozo

car dealer in denver or turn down my sound

I really hate did I mention HATE the new format. May change service over this??????

New Visitor

I don't care for the new home-page either. Supposed to be fast but it takes twice as long to load. Yep, too much info and adverts that I'm not interested in.

Irritating!

Spoiler

Visitor

[ Edited ]

I don't know how it came back but I did install a new gateway and it showed up then.  It might just be a shout gift but I hope it stays there for ever.

Visitor

PERSONALIZE HOMEPAGE

Are we still not able to customize the homepage for personal preference?...I refuse to view any of the "hot topic" issues because there's always a commercial first....just as bad as going to see a movie these days....if I wanted to see a commercial I'd watch television.

New Visitor
cs104

New webpage

HATE IT - it now takes 27 clicks to get to my email. I already hated it before that you had to go to a separate screen to login but now it just got a whole lot more complicated. There may be some interesting features on this new site but for the most part I just want to get to my email quickly and this new design just makes it more aggrevating. Now I don't even care what else is on the site.

Visitor
E2muffs

enough is enough, I want my old home page BACK, GET IT!

New Visitor
msantoyo

Re: CUSTOMIZING XFINITY HOMEPAGE

This new Homepage SUCKS BIG TIME!!!! I WANT THE OLD ONE BACK!! I WILL TRY GOOGLE AND YAHOO ALSO. TOTALLY AGREE WITH THE PERSON THAT WROTE THIS.

New Visitor
school22

Please go back to the old homepage. I knew just where to find things.  I just wanted to look at the Dow progress and still have not found it.

New Visitor
school22

Eric

Now just how many did you poll for this new homepage??? Sure wasn't me Give us choices. Ijust want to see the stock report easily. Is that asking too much?