Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: 9/19/12: new home page feedback

Did you click on Finance?

LINKS.JPG

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor

I cannot believe how messed up the new page is.  Like others, I too, will be making Google my home page.

New Visitor
billg21

new homepage

hate  the new home page go back to the old one or I'm going to change mine

New Visitor
bt747

[ Edited ]

I HATE the new homepage too, for all the reasons previously reported plus more: No ability to customize; very busy with tons of information of no interest to me; no more market info or quick access to stock quotes, loads of uselessl TV info on the right side (WHY?). I also challenged the chat rep on the so-called 'Customer Guarantee'. No satisfaction and nothing forthcoming from the so-called 'Guarantee'. It's an empty promise. Is anyone at Comcast listening? 

New Visitor

I don't like the new home page, How come Comcast has time to redo the home page but can't fix the comcast infinity so you can view TV shows or movies with 64 bit quailty instead of 32 bit.

New Visitor
sandovalsex

no hablo ingles necesito la pagina en espanol

el servicio al cliente y la pagina de inicio no me gustan

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: new homepage

Comcast isn't going to revert back to the old page once this hidious monstrocity is deployed.  There are a host of far more useful and entertaining pages out there.

New Visitor
jplpn

New Home Page

I want my old home page back............. I absolutely hate this new page...........Please put mine back like it used to be...............Thank you.

Visitor

I agree 100%.

We can't even customize it (not that I can see anyway).

New Visitor
ladderjock

Re: New Home Page

I now have a AOL home page ! What happened to my Comcast home page ?

Email Expert
CCCarole

Which browser do you use?  If Internet Explorer, click on Tools> Intenet Options.  When the window opens, type in Comcast's url to replace the AOL url.

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

New Visitor

The new homepage

Why doesn't the new homepage have a date on it?

Email Expert
CCCarole

No you cannot.

Contributor

New format of home page

I absolutely HATE this new home page.  Way too much advertising.  Clearly some biased news reporting is being shown as well.  I would prefer the original Comcast home page I had before they bought out NBC.  Please remove the ads.  Very irritating.

Connection Expert
Joe

Re: no hablo ingles necesito la pagina en espanol

I do not know Spanish but it does say

Re: I need not speak English page in Spanish

customer service and the home page I do not like

Regular Contributor

TOOLBAR, HOMEPAGE, ETC.

IT'S BAD ENOUGH THAT WE HAD NO CHOICE IN THE NEW HOMEPAGE, BUT NOT GIVING US THE OPTION OF CUSTOMIZING IT IS JUST RUBBING SALT INTO THE WOUND.  I READ, IN ANOTHER COMMENTS AREA, FROM YOUR 'COMCASTJOE/ERIC/& OTHERS' THAT CUSTOMIZATION WAS DELETED TO NON-USE?  SERIOUSLY?  HERE'S A THOUGHT, MAYBE THE NON-USE WAS AFTER PEOPLE UTILIZED THE CUSTOMIZATION & THEREFORE REALLY DIDN'T NEED IT ONCE THEY MADE THE PAGE WHAT THEY WANTED!  CUSTOMERS ALWAYS RIGHT HUH? WHO'S BEING PAID ATTENTION TO HERE, YOUR CUSTOMERS OR YOUR CORPORATION?  I HAVE MY YAHOO TOOLBAR UP & AM SERIOUSLY VERY CLOSE IN CHOOSING EITHER THEM, MSN, AOL, OR SOMETHING ELSE AS MY HOMEPAGE AFTER BEING A LOYAL COMCAST CUSTOMER FOR YEARS I AM NOT VERY HAPPY WITH YOU RIGHT NOW.

THEN I SEE THAT "XFINITY TV" & "VOICEMAIL" ICONS ARE ON MY TOOLBAR.  I GO INTO MY 'PREFERENCES'  AND MAKE SURE THE BOX FOR TV IS NOT CHECKED AND NOTICE THAT THERE IS NOT EVEN A BOX FOR VOICEMAIL.  BUT THEY ARE STILL ON MY TOOLBAR!  WHAT IS GOING ON THERE?  I WANT THE TV & VOICEMAIL OFF SINCE I DON'T USE EITHER ONE.

TY FOR REPLYING IN ADVANCE

Contributor

I detest the new format for the home page.  It is nothing but junk.  I will be looking to switch to a different home page soon.  Why did you fill the home page with all this nonsensical advertising?  Even the headers for the articles are goofy.  I would like to request being able to return to the previous home page.  Mayhaps in the future when you make these decisions, longtime customers should be given the option of staying with the home page that suits them best.  This new one is terrible.  I guess I'll start hunting for a new homepage with Google.  You really blew it on this one.

Email Expert
Latoque

Re: The new homepage

I suppose that would be nice, but why would you need one since it's already in your browser and your operating system?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
Email Expert
Latoque

Re: TOOLBAR, HOMEPAGE, ETC.

For starters, please turn off the caps lock key-----it's really annoying and hard to read, and is considered shouting in forum etiquette.  Right then------the Comcast homepage and Connect pages are not customizable to any extent.  That's the way it is.  If that is not satisfactory to you, feel free to use anything else you like as a home page, or none at all.  I use My Yahoo and am quite happy with it.  My MSN is another good one.  You can use any web page/site you like for your home page.  No one is forcing you to use the one from Comcast.

As far as the Comcast toolbar is concerned-----it is a known source of problems.  Uninstall it and either use another one or  none at all.  You dont need it.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
Email Expert
Latoque

Re: New format of home page

[ Edited ]

Look to the right of the screen under the topmost ad------you will see a blue link underneath it that says "Ad Info".  Click on that and it will explain to you what control you have over the ads that are posted.

Visitor

Email page

With regard to the page that comes up when going to the email page: why do you keep changing the layout of this page? First I have to click on a spot on the right side, now I have to click on a spot on the left side. Can we set it up one way & then just leave it alone! It is a monumental pain to have to go searching for the spot to click on to get into email - changing it doesn't make it better- in fact, it makes it worse,as then you've got to go looking for it. And why do we now have to click on 'view entire inbox' in order to view it all? What, we go to our email so we don't have to view it all? Why would anyone not want to view it all? Stop monkeying around, just make it simple - by the way, that's the opposite of difficult, technical,going through many steps as opposed to ONE step. Life is tough enough - please see to simplify!!!!!!

New Visitor
Fractalboy

Re: New home page is horrible. Can I have the old one back ?

ComcastJoe said:

Please continue to post specific feedback about what you like and don't like about the format and we'll do our best to deliver a home page format that satisfies all of our customers.

How about this.....when I click on "Email"  I---surprisingly--- WANT TO GO TO MY EMAIL.  I don't want to "preview my inbox", check my "text messaging", or my "calendar".  And I definitely don't want to go to my "social" pages.  I WANT TO CHECK MY EMAIL.  99% of the time this means checking my Inbox, and the other 1% I'm willing to navigate to the composing page to write emails.

New Visitor
JMCarter

I do not enjoy the new homepage but it is tolerable if only someone can help me fix this.  Where is the "whats on tv today" listings?  I realy enjoyed that, it showed me premieres, finales, trending shows and the time and channel they were on so i could record.  If an administrator could answer if this is still customizable please let me know.  If someone else on the forum knows another homepage site that has it i will consider switching to that if comcast hompage cannot do it anymore.  Thanks

New Visitor
September23

I agree, I would like to be able to select what is on my dashboard - what happened to the weather displaying. alos, the login name should display here the account name is. 

New Visitor

I hate having the "most viewed video" or "recommended anything" at the top of the page - I don't care what the lemmings are watching/reading.  I don't want the news - or someone else's definition of it.  I want to put the sports at the top & collapse all the rest of that garbage.  Would be nice to have a section with the email preview pane.

Contributor

New Home Page

I am not sure that your new home page is an improvement.We do not get a chance todelete items we do not need  e.g.dvr set up,voice mail etc.I would like be able to delete these to clean up the home page to my liking.

Also I do not want to see items which need asubscription to view.e.g.cnn, I have to subscibe to see it.I do not like the Xfinity TV choices which need a subscription.I waste time clicking on a TV show and the find out that I have to be subscriber to that channel.I hate wasting time on a supposedly fast Internet connectioon.I do not want subsciptions to most of your offerings.Give me a site where the programs which do not need a subscription are available.This will make your home page a lot cleaner.I like it that the e-mail button is at the top.

Contributor

Agreed. I think Comcast shot themselves in the foot on the new change. The other format was much easier to navagate. This one makes things not worth the effort.

New Visitor
babymo

Please bring back the old homepage.  I hate this one and I cant even get into my email.

New Visitor
rcrowell47

new page layout

really do not like the new page layout. ditch it.

Visitor
jlwsmurf

I HATE the new home page.  It's busy with all kinds of garbage which doesn't interest me in the least.  And it seems I can't even get rid of the junk.  So, in the past I checked out news stories and other items which interested me.  Now it's simply not worth the effort trying to find them.  I get off the page as soon as possible.  

FYI, when you first brought up the new page, it happened to coincide with my computer having just gone down.  When I saw the new home page, I originally thought I'd been directed to another website by a virus or something.  The page looked so childish.  What a shock to find out this is the real thing.  By the way, I'm not blind - why is everything in overly large print?  Is it directed to five-year-olds or ninety-year-olds?

I saw someone else had changed their home page to Google.  Sounds good to me.

Email Expert
Latoque

[ Edited ]

babymo wrote:

Please bring back the old homepage.  I hate this one and I cant even get into my email.

Sorry to say, but the homepage change is here to stay.  What happens when you try to open your email?  Are you getting to the preview page?

If you want help with the email problem, then you need to open a thread in the "Email and Xfinity Connect" forum.

Visitor

I agree with KAKLEK. This new homepage sucks! Way way too much Advertising! Pop up adds turn me off. Don't make the mistake of clicking on an NBC (Jimmy Kimmel) film clip unless you have time for two more adds and poor quality sound. I'm ready to go to Direct TV!

New Visitor
babymo

Re: CUSTOMIZING XFINITY HOMEPAGE

I also restored my computer to an earlier time and so far it is working.  I got my

old homepage back.

babymo

Visitor
vetteman02

home page

Why now that you changed things again for the better does it take like 2 min load home page on what is suppose to be high speed. I can not believe the amount of money I pay you people for horrible service. Keep this up as I'm now looking for a better service.

New Visitor
NOPE1234

I think a few people have it about right. Either Comcast goes back to old homepage or it's time to bundle with ATT U-Verse. This "new homepage"  sucks.

New Visitor

New comcast home page

The new page is not user friendly and had too much useless information. I liked the old format better than this.

New Visitor

I totally agree

Security Expert
CajunTek

NOPE1234 wrote:

I think a few people have it about right. Either Comcast goes back to old homepage or it's time to bundle with ATT U-Verse. This "new homepage"  <removed>.

Before you go to ATT U-Verse. check out ATT.net (their hompage) You may quit complaining about Comcast's once you do..

TANSTAAFL!!

Contributor

Re: New comcast home page

Really, a trivia quiz at the bottom of the Web page all about the Obama's?  Gee, if nobody had noticed it before, they sure do now.  You guys, along with your acquired NBC affilitates, are totally in the tank for Obama.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I'm sick to death of it on the home page.  Believe it or not, there are some that would like to find a news outlet that is not so biased and not so partisan.  I also have to tell you that having "living single" or whatever the heck it is called pop up on the right side of my screen is offensive to me.  I don't use dating sites, nor do I feel they need to be prominently displayed on my home page.  I suggest you find a way to allow your subscribers to fix their home pages to suit their own needs before you lose more and more.  I find all the "news" devoted to entertainment and what supermodels look best in their bikinis comical.  If that's the best you can do, I'll be looking for a new homepage.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Fractalboy wrote:

ComcastJoe said:

Please continue to post specific feedback about what you like and don't like about the format and we'll do our best to deliver a home page format that satisfies all of our customers.

How about this.....when I click on "Email"  I---surprisingly--- WANT TO GO TO MY EMAIL.  I don't want to "preview my inbox", check my "text messaging", or my "calendar".  And I definitely don't want to go to my "social" pages.  I WANT TO CHECK MY EMAIL.  99% of the time this means checking my Inbox, and the other 1% I'm willing to navigate to the composing page to write emails.

You will see an arrow in the right of the e-mail box. Click this arrow and then click View Inbox to bypass the preview page.

This was a feature that was requested by customers and was added to the homepage.

Thank you for the feedback,

Joe

XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Visitor
eastendave

Is there anyway to delete the entertainment section that is posted every day.  I don't care about these people or what they are involved in.  The new home page is way too busy. 

New Visitor
kido

I agree - Page is too busy - I strongly dislike

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

[ Edited ]

Tired of getting e-mails about this thread? Click the link above to learn about how you can unsubscribe to this thread

Visitor

I am a long time Comcast customer and I really hate your web site.  Frankly, I don't find it very good at all.  It's confusing, difficult to navigate, ugly, has too much white space and for a company as large as you, you should be able to do better.  Also I don't have time to look at video after video, getting text should be an alternative.

New Visitor

New page format

The new format and structure suck...it takes six clicks to get to emails....what is wrong with you people...

New Visitor

REMOVE ANNOYING ROLLOVER ADVERTISEMENTS!

As paying cutomers our screens are dominated by advertising and mindless entertainment videos. Bad move Comcast.

This type of advertising is a poor reflection on Comcast's customers respect for privacy!

New Visitor

Terrible Home page. Mostly useless tabloid videos & related "news", I agree with most of your Comcast customers. 

New Visitor
hollandp

Upgrades to looks are DISRUPTIVE

Every time Comcast does something to its homepage or whatever - it totally interferes with the mail program. STOP IT. I want my email - not your overly busy new homepage

Visitor

Re: New page format

your new homepage story streaming sucks

New Visitor

Your whole network

I have never seen a more lousy home page in all my years at MS. I can not believe people are putting up with your none inovative material. i am calling and closing my account tomorrow. good luck