Contributor
swellbox1

xfinity.net new homepage

First of all xfinity's new home  page is great Change is always good.

The same People who seem to hate anything about Comcast or xfinity  are in my opinion are the same people who were former Aol haters.

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

Re: xfinity.net new homepage

Eh, every time the web page changes people hate it. After awhile they will adapt. Then they will hate the next version. :smileyhappy:

Visitor

I agree with what you say up to a point.  The geeks change stuff around and we get used to it after a while and learn to use it.  The problem is that they are changing things that do not need to be changed at all.  The "new and improved" versions are usually no better than the version they replace.  I am "old school" in that I believe "if it ain't broke don't fix it".  the geeks are just trying to keep employed with their never ending changes.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

What I find ironic is that the homepage that people want back is the same page that people hated when it first rolled out.

Every "new" rendition of the page gets the same reaction.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Re: Your whole network

What does MS have to do with the Comcast homepage?

Before you choose another provider make sure you check out THEIR homepage. I've seen some that are no better than the Comcast page.

Some of us never see the Comcast homepage. I rarely look at that online version of a bad supermarket tabloid. I use an email client for mail. If I need to check My Account I use the link provided in the forum. If I want to look at the tv page I have it bookmarked. I use a different homepage-one that is simple and uncluttered.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor

New page stinks

[ Edited ]

The only thing I will use is a direct link to e-mail the rest of your home page is junk. You should have some concern for your customers and not all the drivel that your staff think is important.

New Visitor
bl3713

Comcast Homepage

I think the new Comcast home page leaves a lot top be desired. Is there anyway that I can tweek the page myself or go back to the old homepage?

New Visitor
crlbe

New Xfinity Home Page

The new Xfinity Home page is great. I love the layout and it much easier to navigate from email, voice, text, account. I know this is a Winner for Comcast and us your customers.

Regular Visitor

home page

Get the markets back on the home page

New Visitor
goadco

Re: Comcast Homepage

bl313   I agree totally. The new homepage is cumbersome, and leaves some old items off, ie "Local News".

New Visitor
Muggydoo

I hate the new home page.

Everytime the new home page shows up, I can't get into my email.  No matter how long I wait, it won't come up.  I must be able to get into my email as I pay all my bills on line.  I also do surveys, read emails, etc. for points and money.  You are costing me.  If this doesn't get better, you are going to lose a customer.  You already lost me for my tv cable because of a rude woman you have working in Shippensburg, PA office.  She was so insulting to me and my husband, I went home and canceled my tv cable.  I was forced to keep my internet at that time as I had just set up my bill paying on line and didn't want to have to redo it.  But if this new home page doesn't get better soon, I will be cancelling my internet also.  This is not a threat, but a fact.          Z. Jacobs  

New Visitor
margaeg

Home Page

The comcast Home Page provides a bunch of junk:  Here are "Today's Highlights." 

Homes that float on water

Worst Calls

Miss an episode:  What TV on line

Expert:  checking accounts are doomed

Go insde A-Rod's Miami Home

Hollywood Hair Battle:  blond vs brunette

Full HOuse family then and now

Now, how many people really care about any of these topics.  Comcast seems to be paying people to create junk and they're regurgitating it onto its website for paying customers to have to see.  This is more than abusive.  It should be a crime. 

Another issue:  Now, when I log into my email, your site logs me in twice so I have to log out twice.  What a freaking mess.  MEG

New Visitor
New Visitor
mih

Re: 9/19/12: new home page feedback

PLEASE, PLEASE!   Are you reading the comments out there?  Hello Comcast?   It seems that most people hate the new home page design.   I agree, it's awful.   Way too busy, too much lost space and the quick snapshot of many things is what we really want.   We are quite capable of in depth research if something particular catches our eye.      Make your customers a lot happier and give us the old homepage back.

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Comcast new home page Firefox problems

[ Edited ]

Hello,

When viewing the new xfinity homepage ( http://xfinity.comcast.net/home/x/ ) using the latest version of firefox on the upper left had side the sign in and view account graphics covers directly over the weather graphics.

The same thing is happening with ie8. Does comcast webdesigner do any checking of the page before making it live? Please have you webdesigner check this out.

New Visitor
SCREWTHISSTIE

Re: xfinity.com/mycomcast going away

Right on,Andy!!!  That new Xfinity home page stinks!!!  I'm going to have to find a different homepage.  SMART move, Xfinity, driving off members to OTHER SITES!!

Contributor

Home Page

Your new home page is horrible. Too busy, too much useless information & the Obama ads are annoying. You guys sure screwed up a good thing. I'm currently looking for a new home page, or maybe a different service all together.

Contributor
Anon1604938

WHY MUST THEY KEEP CHANGING THE HOMEPAGE

I HAVE CLIENTS THAT ARE JUST GETTING USED TO THE HOMEPAGE THEN ONE DAY THEY COMPLETELY CHANGE THING AROUND NOW THEY HAVE TO GET USED TO THE NEW PAGE THEY CHANGED YET AGAIN. SO AGAIN WHY MUST THEY CHANGE THE HOMEPAGE JUST WHEN MILLIONS OF YOUR CUSTOMERS ARE JUST GETTING USED TO WHERE EVERYTHING IS AT THE HOMEPAGE. NOT ALL OF YOUR CUSTOMERS ARE TECH SAVVY LIKE MYSELF IT TAKES TIMES FOR US TO GET USED TO WHERE ALL THE PROGRAMS ARE . LONG STORY SHORT PLEASE DON'T DO A COMPLETE NEW LOOK ON THE HOMEPAGE JUST KEEP IT AS IS MAYBE LIGHTEN COLORS ONCE IN AWHILE

New Visitor
docmelster

The NEW Xfinity???

Don't like it at all.  I'm all for change, especially when improvement in functionality and advancement in technology is evident.   In my estimation, this new Xfinity is a major step backwards in both.

Contributor
Anon1604938

uhh no, they completely change the home page just when we are just starting to get used to where the programs are

New Visitor
docmelster

Re: 9/19/12: new home page feedback

Whatever happen to, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it?"  I agree with others: way too busy, too much information that DOESN'T interest, not enough that does, and I too would like to go back to the old format.

New Visitor
customerksw

New Home page

This revised home page is awful compare to the previous.  Please allow customers the option of old site.  You have made this so TV oriented.....  To many clicks to get around.  No easy access to financial stock profiles.  Overall not an improvement in fact if you don't allow customers options you are going to lose many from making your site their homepage, which your advertisers would not be to happy with.   I know I will be moving very soon if you don't adjust.......

New Visitor
dHassie

Re: New home page it terrible!!!!!

Your new homepage is waaay to busy, while wasting a lot of the screen. I really dislike it.

I tried pasting a screen capture as an example of what I'd like to see, but you don't allow that. Basically, I think the news section should be at least 75% of the screen and the TV and realted stuff should be small menu options...or on another page. In my screen capture, approximately 25-30% of the screen is blank on the sides, of the reamaining screen, about 40% is taken up by XFINITY and TV related stuff. I just subscribe to the Internet, so that space is an absolute waste. Please make all of that optional, or put it on a separate page that people who want to see that stuff can use.

Visitor

Re: 9/26/12: new home page feedback

Too big and too much junk available at once.  It looks like a page from a large print edition of Readers Digest. 

New Visitor
dwtrotter

I hate it, too!  I feel like I'm buried in ads, links, and "news" in which I have absolutely no interest, most of which is not really news but the latest shenanigans of the Glitteratti.  Further, I can't customize the homepage to get rid of this stuff.  Go back to the homepage we had two cycles ago--it was great!

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Hi all,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

We'll continue to monitor and make adjustments and strive to deliver a home page that satisfies our customers, so please continue to submit specific feedback about the new page.  We hope you'll give the new site a chance and continue to use it as your home page.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Visitor

HATE the new page....how can I get the old one back. The new one takes WAY too much time. I'll NEVER use it.  Why not bring the old home page back and call it the "classic", then if you want to have this horrible new home page, you can. Why does Comcast screw up something that wasn't broken? Microsoft does the same thing.

New Visitor

Respectfully, the old one worked because you could see everything at a glance and it took very little time. The new one takes up way too much time. No amount of "trying it out" is going to make us like it better. Actually, the more we are forced to use it, the less I will even look at it. Please, bring back the old one (classic version). Thank you.

New Visitor
Glasher

Homepage Nonsense

I was just wondering. Can you make your main page busier?

• There are still locations my cursor can wonder without causing unwanted things to happen.
  • Therre is still room to grow your popup minefield 
  • There are still blank spaces. Not good
  • There are still choices to make, albeit extremely limited, that one can make that doesn't link to a commercial or add first.

There was a time when your homepage was so laking in it's fill. You efforrts to change that is apparent and I've appreciated the lengths you have gone to do a complete turnaround. I have confidence that you'll have buttoned up the above suggestions on your next "upgrade".

Last of all, in regard to your commercials... You may have done a good job of not breaking Truth In Advertising laws, but rather, I am very impressed in knots you've tied it into. I'm envious.

New Visitor

new home page

I do not like the new home page.  Too much stuff. 

New Visitor
thflkeys

Some people want to look at all of this trash.  I personally do not.  I want a home page that I can personalize to my likes and needs.  I don't need all the useless headline clutter and links that I will never use,

New Visitor
Peggy-ShelbyTwp

Re: CUSTOMIZING XFINITY HOMEPAGE

New Comcast Homepage is a mess. Old format was quick & easy to see. Upper right corner had a quick click on for my services. Now is it a long oversized Left Side Column. If I could really personalize my comcast/infinity home page, I would put it back the way it was. Service is dreadfully slow. I'm very disappointed in comcast right now.

New Visitor
Peggy-ShelbyTwp

Re: Your whole network

I too have MS, and simplicity and consistency is everything.  Cognative issues make it difficult for anyone to figure our the new home page, let alone someone challenged by MS.

Regular Contributor

Re: new page

[ Edited ]

Why are all the pictures so GIGANTIC compared to the text!?  It really hurts my eyes.

I would like to opt out of the new and unimproved and go back to the former "nothing wrong with it" home page format.  Where is the old link to customize our own home page (where you select what you want to see)?  It used to exist, but I can no longer find it.  

Let us disable the features we're not interested in.  I use the Xfinity home page for (1) email, (2) news (national, world and local), (3) finance, (4) TV (what's on tonight), and (5) entertainment news.  Instead all I see is fluff or features I do not even use (text messages, DVR, voice mail, "top videos").

Funny how xFinity moved Customer Support WAY DOWN to the bottom of the page.

Contributor

Can I have the old view page back please?

Yahoo allows for traditional view click in, and after lots of effort to try and sell the 'new format', so many users still click in the old view, it's become rather permanent.

Next thing you know comcast will yet again change the email around.  These constant changes keep me from getting excited about digital offerings.  Manufactured value for the most part.  Same thing different package, now with more time consuming efforts to get around the same old place.

Also, you can keep the commercials and product placement puff news.  I've already paid for the service, give me a break from the relentless advertising goon squad.  Top news with Comcast is typically not news at all, but a rehash of old news or some product placement look alike news.

Requesting 'click to old view' link please.

Contributor

It's also upsetting that the chosen service provider feels they have a monopoly on the industry, and can force consumers to accept changes weather they like them or not.  Just look, the same event happened again.  Imagine that.  Consumer feedback indicates the new rendition efforts were not welcome in the first place.  How about an optional click to new view, to see if people like it first?  Geesh it's not rocket science.  But proper handling of customers who don't appreciate the changes might involve actually listening to them.

New Visitor
mc5360

the home page

can you fit anymore junk on this page..you can/t even navigate to your mail ..this page is so packed comcast should be free...nobody really cares oboma lowered rates or how to loose weight...the home page is just a big junk add..

New Visitor

Re: the home page

I do not like the new homepage. Please leave well enough alone. Didn't care for the last one, but finally adjusted and you change it again... Why??? The email login is a pain signing in, then clicking another site open and then "view message" option and open to see all messages. I truly dislike that one...

New Visitor
janzak

More Difficult Proceedures

Doing anything on a computer is difficult for me and you've just made more difficult by changing the way I access my email. Thanks a lot for a more complicated world. Come on apocalypse!

New Visitor

Waste of time and space

Too much wasted space and too much time to read.

Font too big.

needs to be on one screen.

New Visitor

too long

too large

font too large

needs to be concise

one page

basic

old site was so much better.

New Visitor
donnajenkins331

new home page

New home page is awful.  Way too busy.  I can't find anything that I am looking for.  Go back to the old one.

New Visitor
factsmaam

Re: new home page

What happened to "Local News"?  WHo cares about half this other junk?

New Visitor
robertraymiller

Home page

I do NOT like junk in my mail at home and I don't like it on my homepage. I pay big money to this company for service. I should not have to look at PAID ADVERTISEMENT SO YOU CAN LINE YOU POCKETS WITH MORE! I remember when we got on cable it was to have ad free content. So the LEAST YOU CAN DO IS KEEP THE CRUD OFF OF THE HOME PAGE.

New Visitor
customer007

Every time I start to think I might have a handle on this garbae they change it all around. I am still angry about the change to xfinity and now they change that to some jumbled up mess which must have been thrown together by a kid with ADD. I am now searching for a search engine that will not change like this and looks appealoing and will make that my home page-FORGET THESE GUYS.

New Visitor
Badracr1

Re: Home page

Agreed. Keep the ads off my page!

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

[ Edited ]

Removed for language. Please re-post without any offensive words. Posts will be removed even if the inappropriate word is censored.

New Visitor
lindajohopkins

The new home page is awful.  THe local news is too hard to locate.  Should automatically

be there as it was before.  I really don't care about all the other JUNK you have added

to the NEW homepage.  Send it back.  I want the old home page.  Hopefully you will

listen to the voice of your UNHAPPY customers.  New isn't always better.

New Visitor
tsiganye

I also despise the new web page.  I prefer the older web page.  I don't need splashing moviestar updates.  I intend to take a look at alternative sites for a page I like.

Regular Contributor

Oh Comcast....why oh why do you put the name JOE after yours? 

It is quite obvious that "COMCASTJOE" is nothing more than an automated reply system by Comcast which is supposed to placate us, or else a really stiff robotic uncaring corporation.

When looking back over all the replies from you, it is basically the same generic answer every time, so Stop with the games & just tell us what you, as Comcast, have already decided. 

Because it's quite clear that you have no plans on switching back to the 'old page'....let's start concentrating on giving us the option to customize this catastrophe you have shoved at us.

AND I AM REALLY GETTING ANGRY NOW ON THE NUMEROUS TIMES I HAVE QUESTIONED AS TO HOW TO STOP THESE EMAILS EVERY SINGLE TIME SOMEONE POSTS....NOT ONLY IS IT THE SAME ANSWER EVERY TIME-BUT IT DOES NOT WORK!!

No wonder everyone is SO upset with you Comcast.  You better start taking care of some of these problems, like the one I just mentioned, and quit worrying about "feedback" when it's mostly all negative & you know you're not going to do anything about it anyhow.

So again, please take care of this problem or I will be forced to call & believe me I'm really not very nice on the phone especially when I can't understand people's accents, nor them understanding what I'm saying, which really boils down to the fact that most of the operators DO NOT KNOW the products or how to fix them!

Contributor

WOW  I went and looked at Googles home page and I can customize it.  I'm just going to put a link to my emails and be done with Comcast.  It's a shame they're the only ones around and we're stuck with whatever nonsense  they do.  I'm in a wooded area and a dish won't do it without cutting down 20 trees or so and then no guarantee.