New Visitor
atamaniukwest

Re: 9/26/12: new home page feedback

What a stupid looking homepage that is filled with gossip and ridiculous topics.  I will soon be changing my homepage to google.  This is sophomoric and low class.  Get a grip or I will go with gmail.

New Visitor
atamaniukwest

Re: New page stinks

Absolutely agree, junk!

New Visitor

[ Edited ]

When I loaded up the new page for the first time I literally had to lean farther back in my chair. I remember being told growing up if you sit too close to the TV you're going to mess up your eyes. That's what the new layout feels like to me, it makes my eyes strain looking at it. My screen resolution is 1280x1024, I'm fine looking at smaller text. This feels like I just looked at my grandparents screen. I'm not a web designer so I won't presume to know how easy or difficult it is to allow for customization but it's something we've had in the past so I would imagine it's entirely possible.

I don't watch TV online, I bought an HDTV for that. I don't need to tune my TV from a website, I have a remote for that. I couldn't care less what other people are "trending" on TV so for me that eliminates the whole right side of the page. The parts along the left side I could get used to but would like to be able to adjust the size of them. I notice all the sections in the center of the page have a "more" tab and after clicking on it there's yet another link to "more" again. Clicking on the tab makes the already big window even bigger. Why not just remove the tab functionality and leave the static link which takes you to another (previous design) page anyway. You have many sections that take up several inches of screen space but it took me a few minutes to find the local news text only (just underneath the scrolling pictures at the top) link and that took me to another totally redesigned page.

We're being force fed several different things that other people find interesting but not everyone agrees on what's interesting or important as has been amply shown by this thread. Make changes sure, but give the paying customers the ability to edit it to their tastes and needs.

Visitor
plrmdi

Problem with new home page

[ Edited ]

Why doesn't show the current date at the top like it used to appear on the old home page? Put it back there, PLEASE.

New Visitor

I wish there were options to customize the layout. If you're a news junkie and have all kinds of free time, then the new layout is great. I am neither of those.

I am not concerned with entertainment news, or the top videos. As a paying Comcast/Xfinity customer, I would like to be able to decide what I see on the "my" homepage. That is all.

-Mike

New Visitor
jlb273

New Home Page

While the new page will require some getting used to...date and time along with time of temperature would be helpful.  I really like the old page layout - with the tabs along the top.

New Visitor
donalde1

NEW FORMAT

[ Edited ]

WOULD LIKE OLD PAGE BACK. NEW FORMAT STINKS!!!!! GOING TO ANOTHER SUPPLIER !!

EDIT: Replaced inapproiate word so post would not get removed. - ComcastJoe

Visitor

My opinion...

Your new Comcast page isn't as convienent when checking stock market results. Also, page is too spread out. Less scrolling would help.

New Visitor

New Home Page

Is absolutely horrible.  The more you change, the worse everything gets.  Too busy.  Why do you keep doing this?  Nothing comcast has updated is easy on the eyes or user friendly.  Maybe it is time to look at a new vendor.........  Frustrated beyond believe!

Contributor

Re: New Home Page

absolutely the worst home page yet, and you don't have any way to customize it so you're stuck with all their garbage, and by they way do they think we don't know what site we're on? I have xfinity 17 times on my home page, and after all these stupid changes you still have to refresh your home page to find out if you have any email

New Visitor
New Visitor
JS2

local news

Local news is not showing up on the new home page, which,by the way, I don't like.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Re: local news

JS2 wrote:

Local news is not showing up on the new home page, which,by the way, I don't like.

Local News can be found in the center of the page after where it says Explore More:

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Contributor

This is obvious indoctrination.  Why do I have to look at some giant picture of my most abhored show, 'survivor'?  That's what's 'front page' on todays comcast.

Why can't I place science and tech first?  Just FYI, those sections are not even functiong correctly at the moment.  Just some insight into who's developing and running this.  They don't give a hoot about real news.

Also, why is there advertisements on the 900's music channels?  I used to fall asleep to those channels or go to those channels while I watched on demand, so that when on demand was over while I slept, I would not have to endure flashing advertisements in my sleep.  Comcast is really ruining the experience by injecting ads into every single viewing location.  Take the ads off of the music channels?  What a joke to try and listen to a classical masterpiece with a brilliantly bright ad for UFC or some ladder or acne cream.  Seriously disrespectful to the subscriber base. 

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

jhallappraisals wrote:

Also, why is there advertisements on the 900's music channels? 

They are there because advertisers pay MUSIC CHOICE to insert the ads. They are not stupid enough to turn down revenue.

*side note:

Owned by

Music Choice

(Comcast, Cox Communications, Time Warner Cable, Microsoft, Motorola Mobility, Sony Corporation of America and EMI Music)

I suppose they share the wealth generated by companies paying for the ads.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor

Home Page

I don't like new home page.  What happened to the stock market info?

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Re: Home Page

mikechar44 wrote:

I don't like new home page.  What happened to the stock market info?

Under the Finance section near the bottom of the page, there is a link that says Get a Stock Quote Now.

Thanks,
Joe

New Visitor

Worst home page ever.

Someone had a nightmare and this is it.  Nothing but sensationalism.  Where is the local news?  More money for nothing.

Contributor

Re: Worst home page ever.

Do comcast people get bonus's for who can irritate the paying customers the most?  It does seem like that is a trend with comcast.

New Visitor
UH1D

Page is far too slow and too busy. Dump it and please do it quickly.

Page is far too slow and too busy.  Dump it and please do it quickly.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Worst home page ever.

Local news can be found under Explore More:

11111.JPG

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
Blade00724

Re: CUSTOMIZING XFINITY HOMEPAGE

I 100% agree with you. TOTALLY USELESS!!!

Contributor
RCOH

I see your not listening to us about this stupid homepage are you?  :smileyangry: You people are SORRY!!!!!

Contributor
RCOH

Oh and one more thing. I'm sure now your going to raise our rates now right?  :smileyangry:

Contributor
RCOH

So what happened to the Penn Live tab? Use to be in the local section which is gone!   :smileyangry: @#$#$$%

New Visitor
mc5360

Re: xfinity.net new homepage

well ya got me there aol was crowded with to much junk too..good call they are two of a kind ..i know it won/t stop..$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...i/m only a customer

New Visitor
1adashi

Home page

What did you do to the home page?  Get that black warning box off of it and stop with the you must sign in to sink you services BS.   I don't always want to log in I just want to check the news or other things. 

Also where is the news?  Bad design  Irritating!

New Visitor

GOOD BYE.   I'm DONE!

Visitor

New Comcast Page

I want to go back to the old one.

Easier to read the news of the day.  Where is the stock market and financial news?

No local news on the first page.

No improvement to find email except it is on the left instead of the right.

It seems to be more about shows of the day. 

Please look again at the old Comcast.  It was much better.  The reason for checking it several times a day was for breaking news.

Contributor

Queen Evie - service expert wrote:

They are there because advertisers pay music choice to insert the ads.  They are not stupid enough to turn down revenue.

My reply:  What a short sighted comment.  Music Choice advertises all over the internet and has advertised for many years how they are the advertisement free music rolls.  That was a primary advertisement point for Music Choice that can still be viewed all over the net.  Get to know the issue before responding.  The revenue comes from the subscribers, at least it did before this recent change that ruined the appeal of Music Choice.  Just FYI revenue is primarily generated by paid subscribers. Non stop advertisements don't bring in new customers in this digital age of increasing choices.  What a ripoff.

New Visitor

Re: New Comcast Page

If comcast was smart they would offer customers a choice of the old or new page. The new page stinks.

New Visitor

Hate the new homepage!!! Has to be a way to edit and get rid of half of it. Want the old one back!!!

New Visitor
smaurer

Quit making changes without at least reading these comments!

And PLEASE quit being so obviously liberal in your news stories you post.

New Visitor
oldnslo

I've been thinking of cancelling Comcast because of all the Xfinity garbage.  It's like they are trying to get into your pocket all the time.

Security Expert
CajunTek

oldnslo wrote:

I've been thinking of cancelling Comcast because of all the Xfinity garbage.  It's like they are trying to get into your pocket all the time.

I wouldn't do that if home pages are the reason, Check out att.net for example. or Verizons customer home page, or even worse, check out Roadrunners page.  Comast's page may not be perfect (I don't like the way email opens in a preview page and in a different window for example) but I promise, the others are worse.

TANSTAAFL!!

New Visitor
elhoo

Comcast, it seems from all this feedback, your developers have made a huge mistake.  Now is the time to say "we're sorry" and fix this mess.  We will all like you better for it and may even forgive you :smileywink:

New Visitor

Even your replies regarding the new format are even messed up.  Time to go back to the old, as this new format is horrible.  I do not have a problem wit change, only if it is change in the right direction.  This format is not.  When are you going to stop messing with something that works? 

Visitor

Xfinity new web page

Lousy format can't arrage page the way I want to like Yahoo's web page

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Re: Xfinity new web page

Hi all,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.  We really appreciate everyone taking the time to share their feedback, both positive and negative, as it helps us to deliver the best possible homepage for all of our customers.  Be assured, we do take your feedback very seriously and this feedback is being shared with the teams involved with designing and delivering the new homepage. 

So tell us!  What specifically is worse than the previous site?  What’s missing that you would like to have back?  What else would you like on your homepage that maybe the previous site didn’t have either?  What other improvements would you like to see on the homepage?

We hope you'll give the new site a chance and continue to use it as your home page.  We’ll do our part and try to deliver the best homepage for you possible.

Thanks,
Joe
Contributor
fpowers

I'll be looking for another home page.  The new one is way too busy and just keeps repeating the same old stuff. I really don't need to know 2 days in a row that donuts might be good for you, or that Katy Perry is upset.  I want the stock report back. (on the home page) Half the stuff on here I don't care about.  I realize you can't please everyone, that's why there needs to be a way to customize it.

Contributor

I'm liking the look of google's igoogle page.  Even though it will be gone next year, it's much nicer than this mess.  Maybe by them, Comcast will have gotten it's act together.  What makes them think we even care about half the nonsense they put on there.  Do they think we are all 15 years old?

New Visitor
0p0000000000000

New home page

Do not like The new  home page!! Let me go back or I will find a new one. It was setup with the info I wanted, now There is nothing useful to me.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Re: Xfinity new web page

ComcastJoe wrote:

Hi all,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.  We really appreciate everyone taking the time to share their feedback, both positive and negative, as it helps us to deliver the best possible homepage for all of our customers.  Be assured, we do take your feedback very seriously and this feedback is being shared with the teams involved with designing and delivering the new homepage. 

So tell us!  What specifically is worse than the previous site?  What’s missing that you would like to have back?  What else would you like on your homepage that maybe the previous site didn’t have either?  What other improvements would you like to see on the homepage?

Joe, this is a repeat of what I said earlier in this topic.

Queen-Evie wrote:

One thing I have noticed on the new homepage is the black bar across the top. Apparently Comcast wants it to be "uniform" on their pages. This is the same black bar I complained about when they redesigned the tv pages. Which one would you rather see? The black bar with hard to see words and in order to know what it says you have to hover over it? OR the white bar on the old page that IS easy to see what is there?

A lot of people have vision problems. Comcast is not taking the needs of these customers into consideration. If they did they would know one of the first rules of web design: making it easy to see what is on the page.  They did not change it on the tv pages. I doubt they will change it on the homepage.

Way to go Comcast. Another reason for me to avoid the page.

New:

new homepage.PNG

Old:

old homepage.PNG

I am a jaded skeptic when I hear from Comcast that feedback is taken seriously. Over the years I have found that Comcast asks for feedback, we provide it, and then are promptly ignored. It's as if Comcast thinks customers are to dumb and stupid to know what they want and what can be done to provide a better customer experience.

The "new" homepage is basically the same as the old one-it's just been re-arranged. The same junk is still on it.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
dean2941

Home Page Upgrades

Need current date at top of page; Dow Jones, NASDAQ and S&P on front page

New Visitor
leclair44

Do we really have to click 3 times to eventually get to the inbox of our e-mails?  Why can't we click (only once) to get there?????

New Visitor
netowl

Yes it is way too busy and the columnar layout is user unfriendly. The administrator pointed out some new features which I could care less about. They should have done some market testing first before releasing this monstrosity.

Email Expert
CCCarole

I believe it WAS tested by Comcast customers it was released.  That is the norm.

Remember you don't have to use the Comcast homepage if you don't care for it.  Use anyone that you like... I use 'About blank'- I get a complete blank page.

You can also google for a homepage that you can customize.  They do exist.

Also- do you think many customers will post here if they LOVE it?  Highly unlikely, mostly those that do not like it will post their dissatisfaction.... Which is fine too and gives Comcast needed feedback.

Just my thoughts...

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Regular Contributor
swingingby

Re: New home page it terrible!!!!!

I agree.  I would like to suggest the email, weather, etc that is currently on the left to be on the right, just as it was before.  The tiny "explore more" line is a joke.  I could hardly see it to check on the stocks,you call it finance?  That entire line should be below the large google search box.  I noticed you do not show dating or games as a topic anymore.  Or is that entertainment?

Please listen to your customers and try to work with us on what we want to use.  After all, you wouldn't be

in business without customers. 

Regular Visitor

this new page sucks, completely.  who's the  lame brain who   thought this is good.  crammed with commerce

Contributor
RCOH

Hey Comcast Joe! YOUR NOT LISTENING TO US!!!!!!! WE DON'T LIKE THE STUPID HOME PAGE!!!!! PUT IT BACK TO THE OLD ONE!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!          :smileyangry:

New Visitor
Focus1969

New website bites!

Comcast just want you to pay your bill.....