New Visitor
Jlquilts

Re: CUSTOMIZING XFINITY HOMEPAGE

I am with you.....all they want to do is make sure you see a lot of advertisements....I am going back to Internet Explorer email.....I feel like Comcast is trying to run your life and stick things in your face..online and on tv!  Also, how about the volume going up every time a Comcast commercial comes on!  Xfinity sucks.

New Visitor
Jlquilts

Re: New home page is horrible. Can I have the old one back ?

The most irritating thing among the irritating things about this email system is the fact that even though you DELETE your emails, they still show up as new emails for hours!  come on

New Visitor
Jlquilts

Re: 9/12/12: new home page

Huh?

New Visitor
Jlquilts

Re: new layout

Yes, also, how about if you want to go back and look at some email that you trashed....Comcast gets rid of it!     .they only go back a few emails...I'm outa here!

New Visitor
eustice1159

Re: 9/26/12: new home page feedback

i dont like the new page what was wrong with old one cant find anything

New Visitor
clayava

New home page

This new home page is terrible. Where is the date? Get rid of the 'Sign in Now', please, because I can't see the weather, etc. and I don't always want to be signed in. The back button doesn't take you back either, when you open some pages. You have to click on the 'Home' button. Your 'improvements' haven't improved the end-user experience in a positive way!

Contributor
jpgirl407

that homepage is HORRIBLE, agree it is way too busy and the email is hard to navigate.

Who ever designed that, FIRE THEM ASAP.

Comcast must want a decrease in business because I am considering leaving this company for someone who will listen to customers.  Get rid of this PAGE FAST< YOU COULD NOT IMPROVE IT, TRASH IT.

who ever designed it, must be on drugs.

Contributor
jpgirl407

Agree, I want the old page back.   Fire the idiots who did this, they are on something because this is OBSCENE, it is not conducive to easy navigating and lots of useless junk, horrible set up.

Contributor
Wolfie

To much of what I don't want, how about some "less" options, all I get is "more" which I sure as heck don't want.

New Visitor

Re: New home page

This new website sucks, there is no date or time.  Who ever designed the website should be fired.  Way to busy.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: new layout

Jlquilts wrote:

Yes, also, how about if you want to go back and look at some email that you trashed....Comcast gets rid of it!     .they only go back a few emails...I'm outa here!

Why would you expect email that you put in Trash not be removed?  Look at yor Email Deletion Schedule which can be found here:  Open XfinityConnect> preferences> Email.  Scroll down tonthecEmail Deletion schedule and see how many days you have the Trash folder set to automatically delete emails in that folder. While there, make any changes to any of the Folders.

You can also create a Folder in XfinityConnect and save email there, that you might want at a future time.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor

Comcast home page

Comcast home page may be great for advertising,but not for general use by the public.

New Visitor
cathanna

Date listed on web page

What happened to the date deplay? I would like to see that listed. 

Most Valued Poster
t-car

Still can't get the name that appears below my local weather and above the words " view account" to change!

I tried the fix that was posted; it's been 48 hours, still no change. I also don't like the fact that if I click on        " DVR MANAGER" , I follow the instructions and get this "DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are
unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household." I have an Xfinity RNG200N box installed by Comcast. It is a Hi Def , DVR box, so why doesn't it work. You say how great the new homepage is. How you can set up your tv, on demand, text messages etc. The only things that work for me are the e-mail and voice mail links, and they worked just fine on the old homepage.

New Visitor

Concur Concur Concur

New Visitor

Horrible is putting it mildly.  It stinks.

Regular Visitor

OK I read the instructions to access Local news.  I went into local news, it shows my zip code but all I get is Seattle's "local mail".  I DO NOT LIVE IN SEATTLE & THERE ARE OTHER CITIES THAN SEATTLE!!!!  Am not impressed with this new layout - it's cumbersome and a mess.  Shame on the developers for creating this monster.  Did they BETA test before they let it lose on the paying public???????

Contributor
marjorieoleary

hjomepage

HATE the new homepage.  bring back the "old" one or i'll  switch to verizon. 

New Visitor
rmstitely

Re: hjomepage

I agree, the new hompage is just a mess. I have removed it already.

New Visitor
jblunck

I can see I'm not the only one that hates the new look!

New Visitor
spomerinke

The homepage seems to have a liberal balance and posts misleading articles. Is your newsgathering for this page done by those with liberal bias or is that the message coming from COMCAST.   If so, I might be with the wrong carrier.  How can I get this changed. 

Also I would like to remove CNN as an option and add FOX.  How do I do that. 

Visitor

I agree. Is there a way to modify what showsup on your homepage?

New Visitor
lorim421

homp page

How do I get month/day/year on my home page

Email Expert
CCCarole

No, the homepage cannot be customized.

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

New Visitor
Amandamay61

NEW HOME PAGE

This is about your new home page.     I click on emails, and it opens always to a preview page that is a blank always.   I mean always, as at first I thought it would get betteras time went by, but it has not.   Anyway I have to click on view full emails ,the I get my mail.   How about deleting that pre -stuff as it seems to be a junk filler with no use at all.

Visitor
Hanna617

I agree, too much T.V. News.  Too much Obama winning 2nd term already.  Too much Comcast period., Can't wait for Uverse.

New Visitor
kayiz

Re: NEW HOME PAGE

Where is the hourly stock exchange report that was originally on the XFinity page? 

Email Expert
CCCarole

Click on Finance.  I believe it is on that page now.

Finance.JPG

Visitor

Every time I access the New Home page and one of the many annoying video advertisements automatically starts playing, Internet Explorer stops working. This never happened prior to the change. There have been times when two different advertising videos start playing at the same time. If I make an attempt to mute them, Internet Explorer stops working.

If I want to listen to an advertisement I would like the option to do so. The auto start is extremely annoying.

In addition, my security advisory has blocked content’s from various sites, some thing that never happened with the previous Home page.

I’m all for change if change works without issues. I’m also fond of, if it’s not broke, don’t fix it.

New Visitor

I hate it too. I hate opening a new window for my e-mail, plus the video ads on the side cause problems...I can't seem to put a check mark in the e-mail I want to delete without opening it first; every time the ad moves it causes my e-mail to open. At the very least, no video ads would be nice. And I second everything else everyone has said about too busy, too many ads, not interested in tv, etc.

New Visitor

HOME PAGE

[ Edited ]

I have been a customer for a few years now and this new home page is terrible.   Why do you need to change things when it works? 

Regular Visitor

I dislike new web page

hello Xfinity, I truly dislike the web page. I am a spanish speaker and would like to know if you have a web page in spanish that I receive as an Xfinity aficionada. In additon, Is is possible to revert to the generic webpage that i had before. Simple is better for me. Please help.

New Visitor
input4u

Re: Xfinity new web page

Why not allow us to customize our own page? One size fits all is ridiculous.

Contributor
jpgirl407

HORRIBLE PAGE,    IMPOSSIBLE TRYING TO GET EMAIL WHICH DISAPPEARS ALL THE TIME...

WHOEVER DESIGNED THIS       FIRE THEM ASAP.

New Visitor
Rogue1

I HATE it!!!!!!!!!!!!  The screen keeps changing while I'm trying to read it.  Where's the pause button to stop the constant shifting?  I can't even use the page.  I'm changing my homepage and don't know if I'll come back if this ever gets fixed.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: I dislike new web page

lopez8005 wrote:

hello Xfinity, I truly dislike the web page. I am a spanish speaker and would like to know if you have a web page in spanish that I receive as an Xfinity aficionada. In additon, Is is possible to revert to the generic webpage that i had before. Simple is better for me. Please help.

See if the information in this clickable link helps you.

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/view-xfinity-connect-in-spanish/

Regular Contributor
swingingby

[ Edited ]

Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Give us an option to go back to the old one....or let us customize the new one.....after all, WE are the users of home page..not you!!!!!!!!!!!!:womanfrustrated:

Contributor

Comcast asked:  What exactly would you like changed?

My response:  Thank you for asking that question.  A properly weighted page is what most posters here want.  That means advertisements do not carry equal screen weight and size to news or user choice items.  Functionality should not be restricted in favor of advertisements and this exposure to the services.  As Comcasts lineup of services continues to grow, will Comcast continue to turn their web page into an advertisement screen instead of a functional item for the benefit of the subscriber base?.  Now when I log into email I get the pleaser of having the ad flash by a second time.  I'll be sure not to buy those products.  On top of the never-ending product injected fluff story news, the Comcast web page carries many examples of non-comcast branding images, 13 is the count today.  Now we've got three lines of web usage going on up and down on this page.  Left Bar: This is taking up a third of the screen, but is not very functional.  What is the purpose of having to scroll to access?  Why is it so big, when a much smaller bar set would accomplish the same thing?  On the right side we've got more internet television functionality, more big buttons and lots of used space, and no free space.  In the middle we've got an unusually weighted news roll, with an immature prioritization of news placement.  Scrolling down this news page is very tough to read, it seems directed at those who won't take the time to read and will click into popular imagery.  My eyes are joggling left to right with the excessive redirection of visual content, when I try to perform a simple task like scroll down.  These news categories takes up 2 & 3 rolling pages, and users are not allowed to prioritize what comes first?  Well users who ask for this 'yahoo similar' option;  You are not given the option to organize the page because those are product injected news items where someone has paid for top placement.  The only good change there is the downsizing of the video boxes into a nice small video roll.  That's how news should appear as well, a nice small quick access news roll.  The advertisement is going to be there and we all know that, please don't ruin the functionality of the news and webpage appearances, in an effort to somehow conceal the advertisements presence or disguise it as news.  Just leave the banner ads where they are, and let the web page users have an advertisement free screen area, and access to actual journalism as a top page priority not just product placement fluff stories.  The biggest problems with this page relate to the use of bars which fit three different poorly functional sections into a single page which requires up down scrolling, regardless of which section the user chooses.  A sectional approach where one sees all they need on one single page without scrolling works better, and allows all users to more clearly understand the options presented with the section they are looking at, without becoming confused and overwhelmed by unrequested content; much of which is solicited without permission that the subscribers clearly object to.       ////     

So Comcast, if the service needs to cost more, it needs to cost more.  Please don't ruin my experience with advertisements.  Boy do I miss the days of coaxial cable where I could flip through a 100 channels in a minute and have a quick visual shot of each channel.  It was so easy to watch TV back then.  Now cable or internet, the advertisements have gotten so bad, there is literally more advertisement than there is actual movie or series content.  Now my business email is like a teen service or something, this is not the image I asked to be associated with.  The technology to increase the enjoyment of these services is moving backwards.  Now I've got to get back to my email, so I can read the right side bar about this ladies dress advertisement while I try to answer professional emails.  People are counting on me, but Comcast just wants to categorize me as some mindless advertisement drone.  Just FYI, I make a point of not buying from companies who force excessive advertisements at me.  Comcast being the unfortunate exception.  We've already bought the service, flash us the ads, then take them away and let us work.

Contributor
jpgirl407

I CALLED TO GET THE OLD ONE BACK, THE CUST. SERVICE REP. SAID NO .... CAN'T DO IT.

HE WAS AS USELESS AS THIS SITE.

KEEP THE FORUM BOARD FULL OF CONSTANT COMPLAINTS EVERY SINGLE DAY....

DON'T PAY THE BILL.

THREATEN TO GO TO VERIZON.... THIS IS THE WORST THING COMCAST HAS EVER DONE.  

New Visitor

I will agree with everyone who hates this new homepage...if it doesn't change to a more user friendly, customizable format...I will be looking for a new home page.  I did not think the last one was perfect, but I certainly liked it better than this!!

Contributor

Now, Now... You don't have to pay the bill if you cancel, so don't play games with your credit and financing just to prove a point.  I'm stuck on the triple play service largely for convenience reasons, so all I can do is argue against the ads and use the service selectively.  On a more positive note, Xfinity StreamPics is the best thing to happen to OnDemand in a long time, you should definentely check that one out.  No ads!  As if Verizon is any better, they're all following the leader with excessive advertisements.  There is no escape from the relentless advertisements and product placements except to appeal to logic and reason, and hope that corporate people still possess an ounce of humanity and respect for visual media as an art, not just a direct tap into my living areas for advertisement purposes.

Contributor
jpgirl407

FINALLY, GOT A MESSAGE BACK FROM COMCAST....

WE WANT THE OPTION TO GO BACK TO THE COMCAST HOMEPAGE THAT YOU JUNKED FOR THIS PIECE OF IRRELEVANT TRASH ASAP.....

IF YOU DON'T ... I GUARANTEE MANY PEOPLE WILL LEAVE.

WHOEVER DID THIS, FIRE THEM!

Contributor
jpgirl407

HOW DO YOU REMOVE THIS TRASH WITHOUT LOSING THE EMAIL ACCOUNT?   THAT IS WHAT KEEPS ME HERE ... EMAIL...

\\

ACCESSING EMAIL IS A NIGHTMARE TOO.

Contributor
jpgirl407

I WOULD LIKE HELP IN GETTING OUT OF COMCAST BUT KEEPING MY COMCAST EMAIL.

THIS X-FINITY NEW COMCAST PAGE IS SO DISASTEROUS, HOW CAN ANY COMPANY BE THAT STUPID, WHO ARE THEY HIRING?  SPACED OUT DRUGGIES ... YOU WOULD HAVE TO BE ZONKED OUT TO NAVIGATE THIS HOMEPAGE....   I HATE GOING ON NET NOW.

FIX IT COMCAST  OR YOU WILL LOSE BUSINESS, I AM SURE OF THAT FACT.

Email Expert
CCCarole

If you don't want to go to the homepage to sign in and see your email in XfinityConnect, you certainly can forward your email on to a free account such as Gmail or Thunderbird. 

Contributor

I have a couple of suggestions for Xfiinity.

1. Add a reminder button on show listings to remind use when the show is about to start. By email message or on the screen say 30 before show time.

2. Put a suggestion button on your web page. Thing get lost in forms.

New Visitor
Copper60

Xfinity's Home Page is Low Rent

There is no doubt about the left wing slant of this website.  Notice not one word on the homepage about the Veteran's Affairs boondoogle or the fact that the Fast and Furious scandal has resulted in the deaths of young children.  Xfinity is not serious about reporting news of any importance, especially if it hurts Obama's chances for reelection.  I's homepage is dumbed down to people who are more concerned about Sharon Osborne's ridiculous rants than topics of major importance to the American people.

Contributor
jpgirl407

Go back to original comcast homepage,   anything to fix this one is STUPID, it is not worth it, extremely poor design concept.   I am an artist, graphic designer and this is TRASH.

New Visitor
m5940

Re: 9/19/12: new home page feedback

The new homepage is entirely to busy and not organized very well.  There should be an option for people to continue to use the classic view if they desire to do so.

New Visitor

Stock Ticker

I hate that the stock ticker is not on the homepage.

Also, I would like to see the tv listings "What's on tonight" back on the homepage.