Contributor
pinkytoes

COMCAST "DESKTOP SOFTWARE VER 1.2.1"

whats' THE COMCAST "DESKTOP SOFTWARE VER 1.2.1" used for,,,it asked to be installed when I' signed up fo internet? I' can't find any reference to this program on my start menu ?
Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Re: COMCAST "DESKTOP SOFTWARE VER 1.2.1"

It could be one of several things: Comcast Connection Manager, Comcast Desktop Doctor, both older programs no longer offered or supported by Comcast. It could also be the new Easy Solve Program which doesn't solve anything.

Look in Add Remove programs. If you see any Comcast branded software uninstall it. Comcast does not have a stellar history with branded programs.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Contributor
pinkytoes

Re: COMCAST "DESKTOP SOFTWARE VER 1.2.1"

[ Edited ]
the program was just recently installed,my A.V. alerted me to a new start-up registry run programs supportsoftinc\comcast\bcont.exe\ ?