New Visitor
mgh1956

Can't complete profile set-up

New customer. Trying to complete the profile set up but when I get to end and click the watch TV it still shows profile not complete and the learn about xfinity connect, watchlist and favorite channels are showing not complete. Have tried a dozen times on 3 different computers. Won't complete. Called customer service and got cut off while on hold. Why won't this complete?

Regular Contributor
scottryanmead

Re: Can't complete profile set-up

Mine has said that since Comcast rolled that out, however it doesnt stop it from not working, even with the profile not complete... im still able to change channels, program my dvr, etc online

New Visitor
LovinIgT

[ Edited ]

I have similar error message - looking for me to do one more thing to be completed and no matter how many times I go through it (doing each step), it keeps telling me it needs to be done.  :smileysad:

Who/Where should I contact to get this fixed for me, and apparently for others as well?

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

LovinIgT wrote:

I have similar error message - looking for me to do one more thing to be completed and no matter how many times I go through it (doing each step), it keeps telling me it needs to be done.  :smileysad:

Who/Where should I contact to get this fixed for me, and apparently for others as well?

What is the last step it is telling you to complete?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Visitor
natematter

I'm having the same thing.  The only thing it is still asking me to do is the first thing; "Learn About Xfinity Connect". It has taken me about 6 times going thru all the steps to get it to remember my progress this far.  At one point it started me over.  

Nate

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

natematter wrote:

I'm having the same thing.  The only thing it is still asking me to do is the first thing; "Learn About Xfinity Connect". It has taken me about 6 times going thru all the steps to get it to remember my progress this far.  At one point it started me over.  

Nate

After clicking continue on the Xfinity Connect tutorial, you must keep hitting continue until you finish the whole thing. You cannot exit out during the process or it will not save.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

New Visitor
natematter

Ok, I did what you said; started at the top and click on the "Save & Continue" button and I cannot click the "Save & Continue" button on the "Change channel from your pc" screen.  When I click it, it instantly refreshes, but doesn't advance to the next tab.  If I click on the next tab I can continue, but doesn't fully complete the process when I "complete" the setup.  It is still showing that the "Learn About Xfinity Connect" as the drop down reminder from the Xfinity home page.

Nate

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

natematter wrote:

Ok, I did what you said; started at the top and click on the "Save & Continue" button and I cannot click the "Save & Continue" button on the "Change channel from your pc" screen.  When I click it, it instantly refreshes, but doesn't advance to the next tab.  If I click on the next tab I can continue, but doesn't fully complete the process when I "complete" the setup.  It is still showing that the "Learn About Xfinity Connect" as the drop down reminder from the Xfinity home page.

Nate

During the process, click "Continue" on the Connect one then hit "Exit Set-Up" at the choose service area screen.

I know I told you not to do this but it just worked for me on a dummy account.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

New Visitor
natematter

No change.  I started from the top, did what you asked and still shows "Learn About Xfinity Connect" still needing to be completed.  Next time thru pressed continue on the "Choose area" and exit on the DVR and still the same result.

Nate

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

natematter wrote:

No change.  I started from the top, did what you asked and still shows "Learn About Xfinity Connect" still needing to be completed.  Next time thru pressed continue on the "Choose area" and exit on the DVR and still the same result.

Nate

Go here and look on the right hand side of the page. Do the Profile Completion Tips add up to 100%?

Thanks,
Joe

New Visitor
natematter

Nope, showing 90% and still missing the "Learn About Xfinity Connect".

Nate

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Try clicking on the learn about xfinity connect link that is how I got it to work.

New Visitor
ronjrja

[ Edited ]

I have had the same problem.  When you attempt to put in your service area it still does not give you a green check mark.  I have tried different browsers, etc and still cannot complete. This is clearly a Comcast problem that needs to get fixed, especially for a new customer who was with Dish for 15 years and switched over to Comcast....May have been a mistake.  BTW, when you click on % of completion it says 0 steps remaining.