Contributor
coombsm

Cannot Add Services via Website

I start out on: http://wwwb.comcast.com/ and I am signed in to the website.

I highlight the Customers drop down menu and click the Add Services link.

I get this error:

The webpage at https://www.comcast.com/localization/SignIn.aspx?referer=%2fshop%2fbuyflow2%2fcustomer%2foffers.cspx... has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.

My browser in this case is Chrome. Under Settings > Privacy > Content Settings in Chrome the only thing selected is: Allow local data to be set (recommended). Third Party cookies are not blocked.

Computer information is as follows:

My Device Information My Zip Code: 20640 My Cable Provider: Not Installed My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 68.48.64.135 My operating system: Windows - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 19 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/536.5 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/19.0.1084.46 Safari/536.5 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10411.0 My flash version: 11.5 R502 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled (2379 Bytes) Time Information My Clock Time: Tue Dec 04 2012 08:51:51 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time) Server Clock Time: Tue Dec 04 2012 08:51:52 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: Bq, Ce, Cd, Cf, Cg, Bv, B, Bw, Ci, A, Bu, By, Bs, At, Cb, Ch, Bl, Bo, Cc, Bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False

OS version is Windows 7 Home Premium SP 1.

Trying the same thing in Internet Explorer brings me to a sign in page (even though I am already signed in) and when I attempt to sign in it hangs on "Retrieving your account information, one moment please..." and eventually times out.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Contributor
coombsm

Re: Cannot Add Services via Website

(Also yes I did try clearing my cookies/cache.)

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

best bet is always call to add services don't waste your time trying to fix this just call.

Contributor
coombsm

Calling is inconvenient, I would much rather have the website work the way it is supposed to work.  

Email Expert
CCCarole

See if you can get in this way.

Sign in with your Primary Username and password.  Click on Account.  You will be re-directed to Customer Central.  Once there, on the bottom left side of the homepage you will see this:

services.JPG

Click on the service you are looking into.  Good luck! 

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor
coombsm

Thanks! I do get to the page that way, but in the middle of the page there is an "Sign in now" button (even though I am already signed in) and when I click on it I get the same result as before.  

Email Expert
CCCarole
New Visitor
c50chris

can't change service on line

My chat with the rep was very satisfactory. Your questions don't match what I was asking him/her. They did a good job. Here's my issue with Comcast. You have information on line for existing customers who wish to make changes to their services, but the customer can't make the changes - they must call a rep. Why would you waste a customer's time going through all those pages and adding things to their cart, and then after all that tell them they have to call a rep? If I can't make changes to my service, or take advantage of a lower priced deal that you advertise on the pages, you shouldn't have those pages on line. I spent nearly an hour trying to navigate back and forth to make changes to all my Triple Play services, only to be told by online chat that I have to call. You wasted my time.
Lastly, the system wouldn't let me submit my survey I would get this message:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e57'

String or binary data would be truncated.

/sdccommon/inc/db/dbcommon.inc, line 272

Email Expert
CCCarole

Well, it looks as though younare stuck with having to call 1-800 Comcast.  Sorry!

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.