New Visitor
Brandythedog

Change Font Color For Comcast Infinity Services

On Comcast Infinity account, how do I change the font color on most of my Infinity services on my iMacOSX.5.5operating system?

Brandythedog

Bronze Problem Solver
barbie123

Re: Change Font Color For Comcast Infinity Services

I am a long time Mac and Comcast user, and I have no idea what you are asking about.

New Visitor
Brandythedog

barbie123:

Thank you for timely reply. The color for most of the text items on Comcast comuter screen are light blue. How do I change them to black The light blue is hard on the eyes.

Brandythedog

Bronze Problem Solver
barbie123

The colors on Comcasts web pages are set by them, not your computer. There is no reason you have to go to any of Comcasts pages, just go somewhere you like the colors. I have never been to their websites as I don't like anything about them.

New Visitor
Brandythedog

Hi barbi123:

Thanks for the response. I appologise for the spelling mistakes in my previous communication. Although I am not proficient technically in computer hardware and software, I am a problem solver. I am not willing to giveup so soon.

I have some ideas to troubleshoot.

Thank you.

Brandythedog

Bronze Problem Solver
barbie123

Please post any solution you come up with, as it may help others.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

People have been complaining about the default font colors Comcast has chosen for years. We've asked them to make it easier for people to see. Even the default font color of something posted in the forum is hard for some people to see.

We've heard "we take your suggestions seriously". I don't think they do because if they did things would be made BETTER for the people who use them. I've said many times it almost seems that Comcast thinks we are to stupid to know what would be best for us.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Does this help?  See what they say about Mac further down in this article.

Changing colours and fonts

Changing colours and fonts can make things easier to read. You can change them for web pages, or for your whole computer.

Changing colours on this website

You can choose a different colour scheme for this website. Use the "Change page colours" feature in the top right of every page to choose between a low contrast, inverted, high contrast or regular colour scheme.

Changing colours and fonts in all web pages

You can use your browser to change the colours and fonts used in web pages. You can change the way text, links and other items are displayed.

Internet Explorer

In Internet Explorer you can change the default font, override the fonts used in web pages, and change the default colours.

The main accessibility options for internet explorer highlighted.

1. Open the Tools menu.
  2. Select Internet Options.
  3. Select the Fonts button from the General tab, to change your font settings.
  4. Select the Colours button from the General tab, to change your colour settings.

If you use Internet Explorer you can find more information on Microsoft's website.

Firefox

In Firefox you can change the default font, override the fonts used in web pages, and change the default colours.

The content options in Firefox's preferences.

Open the Options (or Preferences in OSX) and select the Content tab to make adjustments.

You can find more information on Mozilla's website: Firefox accessibility

Safari

In Safari you can set a minimum font size, but there are no options to change colours.

Text options in the Safari preferences.

Go to the Preferences in Safari, and under the Advanced tab should be a tick-box to set a minimum font size.

You can find more information on Apple's website: Safari accessibility

Chrome

In Chrome you can change the default font size and style, but there are no options to change colours.

Font settings in Chrome preferences.

In the Chrome settings (look for a Wrench icon) the font options are inUnder the hood.

You can find more information on Google's website: Chrome accessibility.

Changing colours and fonts on your computer

You can make changes to colours and fonts so they're used everywhere on your computer. If you use Windows or Mac OSX there are different options to choose from.

Windows

In Windows you can change the size of text and icons, pick a high contrast colour scheme, and choose other settings to make things easier to read.

Windows 7 and Vista

The contrast settings in the Ease of access centre.

1. Click the Start button, or press the Windows key.
  2. Type Ease of Access Center, then press the Enter key.
  3. Choose Set up high contrast to change your colour settings.
  4. Choose Make the computer easier to see to change your font settings.

If you use Windows you can find more information on the Microsoft website:

Mac OSX

In Mac OSX you can increase or decrease colour contrast, use inverted colours, or choose a monochrome colour scheme. There are no options for changing your general font settings, but you can change font settings within individual programmes.

The seeing pane on the univeral access preferences.

1. Open System Preferences from the Dock or through the Apple icon.
  2. Open the Universal Access pane.
  3. Select the Seeing tab to change your colour settings.

If you use Mac OSX you can find more information on the Apple website:Mac OSX accessibility

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Recognized Contributor

Queen-Evie

When you have a monopoly and often the only game in town they have no need to care.