Contributor
Photoman64
Accepted Solution

Clicking Record button on TV schedule page (on PC) does not schedule DVR

When I'm on the Xfinity TV schedule page showing the correct time zone and area, I select a program to record on MY DVR and it then enlarges.  I click the Record button and I see the scheduled recordings that I have on my DVR but the new show is not added.  I am using my home computer for this.  I don't have any problem using the DVR to schedule a recording but can't get the computer to do it.  why?  My DVR is a Motorola DCT6416 III .

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Re: Clicking Record button on TV schedule page (on PC) does not schedule DVR

Photoman64 wrote:

When I'm on the Xfinity TV schedule page showing the correct time zone and area, I select a program to record on MY DVR and it then enlarges.  I click the Record button and I see the scheduled recordings that I have on my DVR but the new show is not added.  I am using my home computer for this.  I don't have any problem using the DVR to schedule a recording but can't get the computer to do it.  why?  My DVR is a Motorola DCT6416 III .

Try refreshing your DVR Manager page and see if the new recording appears.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Contributor
Photoman64

I tried refreshing the browser tab (Using Maxthon 3 Browser) and the show I asked to record, was not shown in the schedule.  I check the DVR record schedule on my TV and it was not there as well.  So clicking Record button brings up the schedule in the browser but the recording is never set.  Windows 7 x64 OS.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Photoman64 wrote:

I tried refreshing the browser tab (Using Maxthon 3 Browser) and the show I asked to record, was not shown in the schedule.  I check the DVR record schedule on my TV and it was not there as well.  So clicking Record button brings up the schedule in the browser but the recording is never set.  Windows 7 x64 OS.

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Contributor
Photoman64

Hi Joe.  I tried using Internet Explorer and it worked.  A second pop up that states "Schedule a Recording" with the listed show and an option to cancel, appears.  After clicking this it is confirmed and then goes back to the TV listing..  I checked the TV and it was scheduled.

In Maxthon Browser, there is no second pop up.  It goes straight to the DVR Scheduled recordings on the computer.  

Ron

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Photoman64 wrote:

Hi Joe.  I tried using Internet Explorer and it worked.  A second pop up that states "Schedule a Recording" with the listed show and an option to cancel, appears.  After clicking this it is confirmed and then goes back to the TV listing..  I checked the TV and it was scheduled.

In Maxthon Browser, there is no second pop up.  It goes straight to the DVR Scheduled recordings on the computer.  

Ron

The Maxthon browser is not a supported web browser for Xfinitytv.com but it still may work.

Try uninstalling then reinstalling the browser and see if it works.

Sorry,
Joe

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

Photoman64 wrote:

Ron

You may want to check the browser's setting to see how it handles popups. You may need to temporarily disable or find where you can put an exception for Comcast or Xfinity.

Contributor
Photoman64

Thanks Joe and Andy.  I believe I tried this yeaterday (if i did, it didn't work)  but I found that If I put Maxthon 3 into the compatability mode everything seems to work ok now.  For other readers that might use Maxthon, just click on the little yellow lightning bolt beside the browser address bar and it will change to a blue wave.  This is the IE compatability mode.

All good for now.

Ron

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

What advantages does Maxthon have over better-known browsers? I never really heard of it, although, from the Wikipedia article, it's been around for 10 years.