New Visitor

Comcast Videos - Continually Poor Customer Experience

Loading videos from the comcast home page is painfully slow, alot of starts and stops to buffer, or fails.  When a suggested download pops up in order to use Xfinitey I attempt to download and get a message back informing the lasted update of software is current on my laptop.

I can go to other sites, use other apps and view videos quickly and completely.  I've had a reputable business look at my laptop and told there is nothing on my laptop that would prevent or assist in viewing Comcast's publications -  told me it's a known issue with Comcast........

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Re: Comcast Videos - Continually Poor Customer Experience

ibjacobs2u wrote:

Loading videos from the comcast home page is painfully slow, alot of starts and stops to buffer, or fails.  When a suggested download pops up in order to use Xfinitey I attempt to download and get a message back informing the lasted update of software is current on my laptop.

I can go to other sites, use other apps and view videos quickly and completely.  I've had a reputable business look at my laptop and told there is nothing on my laptop that would prevent or assist in viewing Comcast's publications -  told me it's a known issue with Comcast........

What specific videos are you referring to? Please send the links so I can further test these.

Also, what was the known issue that this business told that Comcast had? I am unaware of any open known issues on the site but would also like to further look into this.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Visitor

You can send my refund for poor service to me.

:manmad:

Xfinity Video Player Upgrade

Upgrade your Xfinity Player!

In order to watch On Demand Online videos with "HD-Like" picture quality, you need to install the new Xfinity Player

We're sorry, but for watching On Demand Online videos the following browsers are NOT officially supported at this time:

• Windows XP: Safari 3/4
  • Windows Vista:  IE 6, Safari 3/4
  • Windows 7:  IE 6/7, Safari 3/4
  • Mac OS 10.4.11+:  IE 6/7/8, Chrome 4

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Fremont_Bill wrote:

:manmad:

Xfinity Video Player Upgrade

Upgrade your Xfinity Player!

In order to watch On Demand Online videos with "HD-Like" picture quality, you need to install the new Xfinity Player

We're sorry, but for watching On Demand Online videos the following browsers are NOT officially supported at this time:

• Windows XP: Safari 3/4
  • Windows Vista:  IE 6, Safari 3/4
  • Windows 7:  IE 6/7, Safari 3/4
  • Mac OS 10.4.11+:  IE 6/7/8, Chrome 4

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Contributor
2Marty2

Same issues at my house.

Contributor
2Marty2

Windows 7 and Xfinity ... videos buffer continuously.  Give up.  Comcast where are you?  And, you want me to buy what?  I don't think so.  

Email Expert
CCCarole

Did you follow the intructions to contact ComcastJoe?

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.
Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks, Joe XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor
2Marty2

Discovered comcast videos are not supported by Windows 7.  Comcast Joe cannot help me.  Considering other alternatives to Internet/Cable/Phone connections at this time. Thanks for the thought, though.

Email Expert
CCCarole

[ Edited ]

2Marty2 wrote:

Discovered comcast videos are not supported by Windows 7.  Comcast Joe cannot help me.  Considering other alternatives to Internet/Cable/Phone connections at this time. Thanks for the thought, though.

I have Windows 7.  I clicked on a video from the Xfinity homepage and went right in.  Do you have the latest Adobe Flash Player?  I beleive it is now 11.8.800.94

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Regular Problem Solver
BlueJay

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

According to the above the latest version is   --11.8.800.94  .

Was that a typo CC??  :smileyhappy:

ciao, bj

Email Expert
CCCarole

BlueJay wrote:

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

According to the above the latest version is   --11.8.800.94  .

Was that a typo CC??  :smileyhappy:

ciao, bj

Thanks bj, yep, it was a typo... good catch!:smileygrin:

CC

Contributor

Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown Use Dac: true My Conroller ID: 103 My Map ID: 238 My Persona ID: 9421 My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: false Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: false My public IP address: 69.253.149.10 My operating system: Windows - rv:23.0 My web browser: Firefox 23 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:23.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/23.0 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Silverlight version: 5.1.20513.0 My Flash version: 11.8.800 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (1881 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Sat Aug 17 2013 12:21:29 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time) Server Clock Time: Sat Aug 17 2013 12:21:21 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time)

My Account Information In Home Authenticated: false Primary Account: true Provider Codes: s, du, cy, fk, ep, eq, hc, dm, cq, hb, eu, ey, ee, fm, u, gz, fc, eh, bt, gi, ja, bw, gf, bu, by, em, ax, bs, at, bl, ix, gd, fo, bp, gw, gr, cw, iy, k, dg, dt, bn, ha, bi, bj, ce, it, ez, dx, gk, fh, fd, do, fy, is, au, ew, ed, b, go, dj, de, ei, h, fa, ci, a, fx, gq, cp, ge, ea, cb, e, eb, bz, co, gh, ir, jc, gn, dp, gg, gl, dh, f, m, en, gp, fi, cd, cf, fb, ar, cg, df, cu, cz, cr, br, fe, ex, ga, fw, bh, fz, bx, dw, bb, bc, fn, ff, dv, fs, ct, cs, et, cv, gv, fr, db, dr, bm, jb, gm, bk, er, fv, dy, bo, dn, ft, bq, gy, g, aw, dc, dd, dl, da, im, fq, fl, gs, bv, el, di, fu, cx, dk, dq, fg, cm, fp, ds, eo, gx, d, y, es, gj, ev, ht, gc, fj, cn, ch, gb, eg, cc Internet Subscriber: true Cable TV Subscriber: true Voice Subscriber: false
Contributor

I am wondering if video playback issues will ever be rectified? It seams to be an xfinity.com web site problem. Other web sites vids seam to play fine.

New Visitor

I have all the right specs and updates and my Xfinity videos (from the news on the webpage) often fail and haven't worked in weeks. Thank goodness for 'readable' news. It's definitely comcast, as all other sites work fine for me.

New Visitor
pianobaby88

I agree!  It is pathetically slow loading videos or anything, and stops and starts with the buffering excuse.  What does the "streaming" video phrase mean?

New Visitor

Mine are not slow--they don't work at all.