Regular Contributor

Comcast "My Account" page not working

When trying to get to "My Account" I keep getting an error "Internet Explorer Cannot Display the Webpage".  I am able to get to my mail page and there is not a problem with my internet connection - I can get to other pages.  If I go to Comcast.com and click on "My Account" at the top, it brings me to login page and I enter my user name and password (which are correct, confirmed by the fact I can get to mail and to this forum).  One I enter user name and PW, it brings up another page and says "Retrieving Your Account Information Please Wait" or sometimes just gets error "Internet Explorer Cannot Display the Webpage"

Also using Xfinity Mobile on my iPhone - select My Account and it brings up same thing - "Retrieving Your Account Information..," and  just hangs. 

I've tried from another computer also.

I tried online chat - that person insisted it was a problem with cookies, cache, browser etc.  I then called Customer Service and she was able to recreate the problem, but did not have a solution

Anyone else having the same issue?

Visitor

Re: Comcast "My Account" page not working

I have had the same problem all day too.  I tried chat and they had me clear my cache...Not working still.  I have no problem with anything else either.  

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

JaneWH,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing account problems.

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Visitor

I tried switching form safari to mozilla same out come.

Regular Contributor

Hey Joe,

I find the suggestion to use another browser, well, a little ridiculous.  Sorry!  I've seen that suggested for other issues when I did a search for my issue in the forums.  I think that most typical users or customers do not have multiple browsers loaded on their pc's/laptops, although it may help to narrow down the problem.

Now that I'm done ranting (sorry)... it appears to be resolved.  And I didn't do anything to fix it, so I'm confident it was a Comcast problem.  The site is really really slow though.  I am able to get to My Account.

New Visitor
JeffB71

I have the SAME PROBLEM using Google Chrome!  I cannot get past the home most times and then If I try to view my Bill to pay "Sorry page is not available.  This is happening with almost all the links on the Xfinity.comcast sites only.  I tried other computers in the house and other browsers ALL did the same.  I even called in but they could not help and had to submit a Ticket.   I could not even click the HELP link without it displaying the error message!!!   AHHHHH

Visitor
1nothappysofar

Yes you are not alone on this one. I too haven't been able to even get the sign in screen (error page). I tried using the comcast online chat. This person said it was my computer lol. Sorry chat lady my computer works everywhere but your site so thanks for nothing. Finnally after differant attempts (useing the www.comcast.net) site I tried to sign in, error again, but I found that if you use the go back button in your upper left corner I was able to (trick) the page into loading. Don't know if this will help you but comcast (help) always points to us as the problem not them. So get used to being on hold and spending hours on the phone if your service takes a dump. 

New Visitor
Monthi

Thanks ComcastJoe.  My account would not open up in Google Chrome but worked in Firefox.  I don't know what the issue was.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Monthi wrote:

Thanks ComcastJoe.  My account would not open up in Google Chrome but worked in Firefox.  I don't know what the issue was.

Monthi,

What version of Google Chrome are you using? I would like to test it out.

While using Chrome, go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and it will tell you what version you are running.

Thanks,
Joe

Visitor
Lgezell

Account details page does not load on xfinity app for Droid. Everything else is ok. Where r phone preferences for number of rings before pickup?
New Visitor
Nuka-Kola

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem. When I hit "My Account", the browser tries loading customer.comcast.net/secure, then redirects to customer.comcast.net/error, and then back, and gets stuck in a loop. Then the error message appears telling me that too many redirects occurred. Tried it on two different browsers, on two different computers. This is not MY problem, this is YOUR problem. Please FIX it. 

Recognized Contributor

When i try to access that page it causes my WIN 7 to crash.  I know it is the site and not my computer. I have no problem anywhere else except on that site. When i try to use the chat connection there I never get an agent it just stays on waiting for available agent.  Another thing I am having a problemn with on the webpage is the tx listing. It seems There is an error in the day of the week and the date for January thus no listings appear. An exampleis when I click on Tuesday, January 1 it shows Sunday January 1, I tried several dates in January with same issue. It seems there are multiple problems with the website tonight.

Contributor

Can't access into my account either. This started to happen last week when I could neither log in to comcast.net nor comcast.com (everything works otherwise). Modem Speeds were slow too.

Comcast (after over an hour on hold) reset the modem and while the speeds weren't great, the websites worked again. Now as of yesterday, I can't log on again.

Tried on different computers with Win7/ie9 and win8/ie10, same results.

When I called the first time last week, I was told that everthing on "their" side looked ok. But that was it. No help really.

New Visitor
Kralon

Not working for me either, not on Firefox nor Internet Explorer. I highly suggest, if Comcast expects the payment I am trying to make, that it be fixed before I find something more pressing to spend it on.

New Visitor
TsubOoman

It is definately the website.  I made it to where I could view my account balance once, then nothing after that.  Pretty amature hour guys.

Contributor
schwiet

[ Edited ]

I've been having the same issue all day...trying to pay my bill.  Had similar issues about a month ago...did everything comcast asked me to do without a fix.  I reset my internet explorer setting to  default settings and that fixed the problem,  up until today. The only hassle is resetting everything all over again...passwords, homepage, etc.

Contributor

resetting everything on your part might solve some of the connection issues, but it is nonsense for Comcast to require this. They are messing with their backend settings and claim it's the user.

I was very happy with Comcast for a long time, but over the past 4 weeks it's getting ridiculous. On my end it started with a reset before Christmas changing TV service. Have no idea what this has to do with internet, but the service is spotty and no longer as stable as before. Chat is worthless as you get a person reading from a script.

New Visitor
Kralon

[ Edited ]

I guess "ComcastJoe" decided this thread didn't need a response after a year ago.

New Visitor
Kralon

[ Edited ]

Well, since "ComcastJoe" ( nor any other comcast representative ) believes this to be an issue not worth acknowleding, I'll be holding on to this payment now and instead be using it to shop for a new deal elsewhere. Pulling this amateur stuff when my contract is up was a dumb move.

Regular Visitor

Must try to pay my bill time after time. Sometimes it takes several days. Each month the same technical problems. Why?

New Visitor
Plutolives

I can't access my accout either.  If comcast wants to be the internet leader, they should be at least able to have a workable website.  How sad.   I am about ready to quite this company.

Recognized Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I try to sign in on the account page it crashes my OS . This has been going on for several days. Of course when I call Comcast I get put on hold for 20 minutes or longer.

Recognized Contributor

Pluto I would quit if I had another reaonable choice. My only other choice is AT&T uverse which makes Comcast look spectacular when compared to it.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Give it a try again. It is responding again for me. Most of the day no response, nothing would load mostly.

Not going to guarantee it lasts.

Recognized Contributor

[ Edited ]

Commonguy. 

I just did and it crashed my OS. Works fine when I use my smartphone. Guess I will have to access it through tthat until Comcast gets around to really fixing the issue.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Hi all,

This issue has been forwarded to the appropriate team.

We will update this thread when we receive any new information about this issue.

Thanks,
Joe
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Recognized Contributor

I guess we will have to wait another month for Comcast to actually get around to doing something after Comcast Joe forwarded the issue. Got to love the buearacratic bs.

Administrator
ComcastLarry

After reviewing this matter our team stated there was a back end issue. At this time, they also stated the issue overall is resolved. If any customers are still having an issue please send me a PM as we will work one on one to help resolve your matter.

Private Messages (PM’s)

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small white envelope

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as ‘PM’s’. A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums.

The white envelope turns to yellow when you receive a PM.

To open a PM to read it, double click on the yellow envelope. If you click on the white envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message. You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post. By default, Private Messages are enabled. You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger.

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
Recognized Contributor

ComcastLarry

Thanks I have sent you a PM.

Recognized Contributor

Once again your account page crashed my OS today.  I also now cannot access my account online or on mobile. It seems the stiuation is getting worse instead of better.  I really thing Comcast should compensate it's customers for it's lousy service.

New Visitor
sjnewport

Was told last night by IT Dept. that their systems are out of synch on  the ID and passwords. The only way around it was to have a new temp pass word issued so I could pay my bill.

Another perfect example of the lack of configuration management that Comcast has. What a joke!

Recognized Contributor

That is exactly why I have it automatically taken out of my checking account. I also selected to be notified when they do it. Thus I avoid late charges. Still sucks when you can't view your bill online to see why the nickel and dime increases occur each month.

Contributor
gabrielenesta

Ummmm, ComcastLarry, the issue is NOT RESOLVED.   At all.

New Visitor
thoroughlydisap

Not only can I not log on,  I can't get anyone to answer my phone calls either. Each time it makes me wait serveral minutes and then tells me to leave a message and someone will call me back and they never do.  This is rediculous.  Going to look into other entertainment options...

New Visitor
nweston55

I also cannot login to pay my bill.

New Visitor
ivy2684

Haven't been able to access the Online bill pay or overview section on "My Account" sine 1/31/13

Like most of the users on this forum, I can click on any link I want on comcast.net and everything's cool, but when I click on "my account" it looks like it's loading and then it gives an error. I discovered that if I click on the arrow next to the "view account" link under where it says Hello + my name, a new menu opens and I'm able to click and load "Manage users", from there I can navigate to "Users & preferences" and "My Services" just fine, but when I try to click on "Overview" and "Billing & Payments" that's when I get the error. I chatted with two comcast "techs" today and I had to repeat myself over and over: -no, it's not the browsers (i used both chrome and I.E.)-, -yes, all the other links work fine except for "my account"-, -yes, the internet works fine-, -yes, I'm able to log in with the primary username-. I mean, Dude what part of the "My account" link DOES NOT work and the problem is on Comcast's end do they not understand ?!?!?!?

The 2nd rep ended up setting up a ticket.

If Joe or Larry or whoever is supposed to read this forum decide to read it again, I have the Ticket number if you decide to help me.

Oh, and you want to know with 100% certainty that it's not my browser or my laptop? My boyfriend has a Comcast acct for his home as well, he's sitting right next to me and he was able to log in to his comcast account on my very same laptop, on the very same browser and when he clicked on "My account"...It worked!!!...But when I try it with my comcast info it doesn't, so yea Comcast, it's on your end.

New Visitor
weskoswifey

I am unable to view "My Account" profile. I have been a customer for about 3 yrs and have used the same computer and operating system. I did not have an issues accessing "My Account" until a few months ago when I upgraded my TV cable box to an HD DVR and the tech person noticed I had the wrong internet box for "Blast" cable so he upgraded it to the correct box. I have tried checking online a times a week for the past few months. I log into my comcast account but once I click on "my Account" it states "A system error has occurred. Please try again. If the error persists, please chat with a Comcast respresentative. Error #34384". Please HELP!!!! 

Bronze Star Contributor
Bronze Star Contributor

This has been a problem for 24 hours now......

- Bill
New Visitor
mabadier

Guys, 

I have been having this problem for 2 days now .

Of course, comcast customer service think that I am too stupid and can't use my computer.
Any how, my default browser is Safari and I get the error there evry time I try to login to my account . 
I just tried Google Chrome and it works . I was able to open "My account" page :smileycool:

Contributor
com-forum-apple

I was poking around in the forums for this problem (I've had the same - "My Account" page not working, with Error #34384, for a couple days via Safari on a Mac), and so I did try Chrome and I do get to my account info.

ComcastLarry - Since this seems to happen every couple of months (according to the forum posts) and you get told it's something on the "back end", and then it gets fixed, could you maybe ask them for a bit of an explanation of the "back end" problem just to satisfy some of us who are curious (and are programmers).

Obviously you've had to have asked the question already of your tech "back end" folks if there's something that could be done so the problem doesn't reoccur... Or maybe there's a specific "fix" for Safari, like getting into Java Preferences and removing a chached java file to force it to download again?

Thanks, and I'm glad I did find the work-around. I had tried clearing cache in Safari before I went looking for another solution, and that didn't cut it.

Chroming for the time being,

Apple

New Visitor
Cantirelax

I am unable to see my account.  Having same issue as others, redirect loop.  Tried chat option, representative was unable to help me and did not speak english well.  PLEASE HELP ME VIEW MY ACCOUNT.  IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT I OBTAIN MY BILLS.  IF COMCAST WANTS ME TO PAY MY BILL, THEY WILL FIX THIS AND OR HELP ME RESOLVE MY LOG IN ISSUE.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Cantirelax wrote:

I am unable to see my account.  Having same issue as others, redirect loop.  Tried chat option, representative was unable to help me and did not speak english well.  PLEASE HELP ME VIEW MY ACCOUNT.  IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT I OBTAIN MY BILLS.  IF COMCAST WANTS ME TO PAY MY BILL, THEY WILL FIX THIS AND OR HELP ME RESOLVE MY LOG IN ISSUE.

Which browser/version are you using?  Have you tried a different browser?

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.