Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Re: NOTICE: The XFINITY Community Forums will close in the middle of December.

juniejane wrote:

ComcastEric wrote:

UPDATE:  The closure of the Community Forums on Xfinity.com is now scheduled for December 16th (subject to change).  This closure does not affect the Help & Support Forums on Comcast.com.

And again we ask, WHY DON'T YOU ANNOUNCE THIS IN THE COMMUNITY FORUMS, WHERE IT IS AFFECTING PEOPLE, INSTEAD OF HERE??????

It looks like the community forums have clueless administrators. And no one from Comcast will post there.

I am NOT saying that the users at the community forum are clueless. You guys have found a new place to meet.

But none of the administrators seem to be making announcements. Fintan215 updated the NOTICE this morning, but that didn't change the date on the post, so it still looks like it's from November.

Visitor

This is more than a place to hang out... It has become a community. This is one of the the most valued services they have provided. It does more than shuffle us off somewhere else... It destroys a community. 

The sages who decided that this was a way to go will look back at this and say, "That was the begining of the time when we began to be seen as siding more with the soulless, godless corporations against our own customers. Who knew that the public would be so likely to remember or carry a grudge?" 

Visitor

BethKatz wrote:

juniejane wrote:

ComcastEric wrote:

UPDATE:  The closure of the Community Forums on Xfinity.com is now scheduled for December 16th (subject to change).  This closure does not affect the Help & Support Forums on Comcast.com.

And again we ask, WHY DON'T YOU ANNOUNCE THIS IN THE COMMUNITY FORUMS, WHERE IT IS AFFECTING PEOPLE, INSTEAD OF HERE??????

It looks like the community forums have clueless administrators. And no one from Comcast will post there.

I am NOT saying that the users at the community forum are clueless. You guys have found a new place to meet.

But none of the administrators seem to be making announcements. Fintan215 updated the NOTICE this morning, but that didn't change the date on the post, so it still looks like it's from November.

actually, it would seem to be quite intentional. By anouncing it publically in an area where few go, they hope to sweep it under the carpet without any fanfare. You'll notice that the mods aren't engaging or responding.... Clear evidence that they've been ordered to keep things on the safe & low. Comcast doesn't want the folks being downsized to stir up a hornet's nest. 

If it smells bad... it's probably fish. 

If it really smells bad... It's got to be a corporate thing. 

Visitor
lindajoyt

Since PROFITS is all they are concerned with it's no wonder...Customer Service has become obsolete..It's time to now let Comcast become obsolete as well....As you point out, then they will be scurring to try and bring back the base they so effortlessly threw away...And it will be too late...Such is the end my friend..Not only for Forums but Comcast as well...

Visitor
spiderlegs

The forums are gone...poofed...no advance notice, just doesn't appear on the home page.

There are a lot of upset people right now...peace to all...farewell.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

As slow as Comcast is on a lot of things they were quick in removing the link to the Community forum from the home page.

As of right now it is still available. http://community.comcast.net/   I accessed it from history.

It may not be 5 minutes from now.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Contributor

It is well after noon EST, and I have just been able to log in because I have the Community Forums in my favorites list.....I don't access them via the home page - so if you have done this too, you can still go there!

Email Expert
Latoque

Just for the fun of it, can you post a link we can copy and paste?  I have the support forums here in my bookmarks but not the Community.

Thanks  We'll see how fast they delete your post.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
Service Expert
Queen-Evie

http://community.comcast.net/

Still working as of now. As long as the post doesn't violate forum guidelines there is no reason to remove it.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Regular Visitor

Queen-Evie wrote:

http://community.comcast.net/

Still working as of now. As long as the post doesn't violate forum guidelines there is no reason to remove it.

Poof, the link appears dead to me.

Service Expert
Again

[ Edited ]

At 12:00 noon Pacific Standard Time, the Comcast Community Forums were closed.  I feel just as sad about this one closing as our CF in the Help Forums when they closed.  It feels like a tsunami just suddenly ripped the Community from our lives.

FWIW, I was reading a thread in the Coffee Shop that had multiple pages, and when I tried to go to the second page, I was dumped in to THIS thread in the Help Forums.

For those that might want a last farewell and did not get a chance to express one, this would be the appropriate thread to post.

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."
--- Lao Tzu ---
"Life is not linear. It's all a circle. Our dust becomes the firmament on which the future walks."
--- © James Scott 2014 ---

Visitor

The "genius" who decided to close the forums should be fired.

New Visitor

[ Edited ]

So it was Pacific time...Fooled me...I thought us easterners were going first....I'm sad....Do I have to pay my whole bill this month?   

Contributor

I'm talking to several individuals on other sites....They are saying they're still posting on Community Forums, so why did I get cut off already.....

Contributor

See Irish - pacific time. I TOLD you it was your fault! :smileylaugh: :smileylaugh: :smileylaugh:

Visitor

timus wrote:

I'm talking to several individuals on other sites....They are saying they're still posting on Community Forums, so why did I get cut off already.....

I have it bookmarked in my computer, maybe that's why I can access it. I'm on it right now.

Regular Problem Solver
BlueJay

I also had it bookmarked on my computer...   Every time I clicked on it, I was forwarded to this thread...

My location Massachusetts...  

ciao, bj

Visitor

we're offically BURNT guyz !!!!  best wishes and hope to see ya around!!

Contributor

realrep1000 wrote:

timus wrote:

I have it bookmarked in my computer, maybe that's why I can access it. I'm on it right now.

I did too......

Contributor

BlueJay wrote:

I also had it bookmarked on my computer...   Every time I clicked on it, I was forwarded to this thread...

My location Massachusetts...  

ciao, bj

I thought it might be area, I'm from Mass.......Then I saw Patriot was back.....He plays games....He could have cut down the posters to just a handful......He used to play the favorite games

Contributor

I can't get on the site either.  I was bounced around 2:00 pm my time (CST), maybe a little after....

It was quite a shock.  I tried to get back there through a couple of saved links but everything brought me back to this page.

I thought I'd just post a final comment here and let my friends know that I survived the wave.  It took me a while to get my breath back but I'm okay.

I even got to be Rhodium green for all of about 5 minutes...lol

I'm going to miss everyone.

Enjoy life!

Yours in spirit now,

RedMomma5

Regular Contributor
Patriot24

[ Edited ]

timus wrote:

I thought it might be area, I'm from Mass.......Then I saw Patriot was back.....He plays games....He could have cut down the posters to just a handful......He used to play the favorite games

Other than saying farewell the past few days, I haven't been invovled with the community for some time now.

I don't have any direct knowledge of the methods used to redirect users to this thread when attempting to access the community, but generally speaking, such a redirect will take time to propagate across various networks which is potentially why the changes effected different users at different times.

It was a wonderful ride. Take care, all! :smileyhappy:

P.S. "total-eclipse" was the last person to post in the "Last Person to Post here Wins!" thread. Just in case you were wondering.

Contributor

RedMomma5 wrote:

I can't get on the site either.  I was bounced around 2:00 pm my time (CST), maybe a little after....

It was quite a shock.  I tried to get back there through a couple of saved links but everything brought me back to this page.

I thought I'd just post a final comment here and let my friends know that I survived the wave.  It took me a while to get my breath back but I'm okay.

I even got to be Rhodium green for all of about 5 minutes...lol

I'm going to miss everyone.

Enjoy life!

Yours in spirit now,

RedMomma5

Red...I'm seeing onthe other site, Irish, Drewby and a handful of others are getting in and posting....To sparatic to be by area.....Patriot may have given you the green...and is gonna let Irish have the last word....Unless he has a little surprise for Irish too.....I've watched him play a lot of games over the years....Strange, he's last Mod standing....

Visitor
Rogenia

reasd wrote:

Hello,

Just my opinion closing this xfinity community forum is a bad decision.

I agree . why are they closing it in the first place?

Visitor
Rogenia

Why is my picture diifferent and I'm not a newbie I'm a slowsky.

New Visitor

Hello.......I am with you....

Found this by just looking around.  I was Curious2 on the forum.    It is very strange to NOT have the forum to keep in touch with folks from all across the country.  An extremely bad decision and one that a ton of us resent.

reasd wrote:

Hello,

Regular Visitor

Farewell my friends..I couldn't even get in here under my name, HarleyWoman :smileysad:

Regular Visitor

[ Edited ]

He and I are same time. But, I can't get in.

I reg 1-31-2007

Contributor

Hi Harley - just got back from shopping and they did the dirty deed while I was gone......very sad......

My user name is the same as on the CC home page, so we'll see if this goes through!

Contributor
LaHarris

Well, this is the last Comcast will be seeing of me.

All of you Comcast workers here can blame whoever you want but it still falls back on Comcast and you should be ashamed of yourselves for working for such a bad company.

I have never dealt with such a poor customer service oriented company whether it be with the community forums or with other issues related to cable, phone, and internet.

When you changed it to this Infinity nonsense, it got even worse.

I had even come here to complain about something comcast related but not non-forum related and my posts were deleted by that ComcastEric person.

Over the past two years I know many people who are disgusted with comcast and this is the final nail in the coffin.

High prices, crappy security and cable going down were bad enough, but getting rid of the forums is the end for me.

The prices have raised and the quality went down.

And comcast people will pretend to help you, but they just shuffle you around because they don't care about their customers.

Any of you comcast flunkies who have expressed ridicule at us who are disaappointed in our forums closing will hopefully be replaced by people who actually value their jobs and customers.

That is the only thing that will bail comcast out.

There are new opportuinites for getting internet all of the time now, so you guys are no longer the only game in town.

You snooze, you lose and you guys have lost much!

I was both Tat and ghost_ship on the forums.

Regular Visitor

angie43 wrote:

Hi Harley - just got back from shopping and they did the dirty deed while I was gone......very sad......

My user name is the same as on the CC home page, so we'll see if this goes through!

Angie, there are a few still in..I too had an appt and got back, and it was gone. I guess the Comcast days, are over..:smileysad:

Contributor

timus wrote:

I posted in the coffee shop until just now, I got back in by going to my favorites, I had the coffee shop saved to my favs, there was about 7 of us only the last hour, lily, Drewby, TotalEclipse, NWH, 1stbull, JJB & SunflowerSue, I guess we were the chosen few, Ha ha ha

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Some of the folks from the Community Forum have created a new place to talk.

You can register for free at:

http://coffeeshop.forumotion.com

There are 209 members over there. There are snowflakes falling and a Christmas countdown clock. As much as you'll miss the Comcast-sponsored forum, that new place looks pretty good.

Regular Contributor
julia1299

Lil_Sis, I remember Naddie and of course I remember you, actually we are still friends. :smileyhappy:. When I came into the forums 5 years ago you were the first person I met and then I met Naddie through you (May she RIP). I'm going to miss seing all the people I became friends with in the forums but I'm sure there will be some place else I'll find to post in. I'm also thinking of changing carriers and will look into Verizon. I never wanted to look into another carrier because of the forums but now there is no reason to stay with Comcast. With the amount I pay Comcaat it might be worth it to go elsewhhere. Good bye to everyone I met in the forums and thank you for all the fun we had, maybe we'll see eachother posting someplace else . I'll miss all of you!! Lil_Sis see you soon and thank you for becoming and still being my friend. 

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

timus wrote:

They all did. I figured that out long ago, which was the main reason I stopped going there.

Contributor
LaHarris

I just loved how someone tagged my post with a "boo hoo"

Are there any ADULTS here?

Regular Visitor

Well I guess I missed it folks,,,,,,,Love to all and see ya at the new place...

hey, maybe we should hang out here ?

Mission

Regular Visitor

so, whats up everyone LOL....whatcha doing

Regular Visitor

I'm glad those old community forums are gone. The moderators were terrible especially Solstice. This is a good way to purge out the losers and move in a new and better direction. If Facebook isn't your thing then so be it. You probably won't be missed. And if you hate Comcast so much then why are you still here posting? Jeez, get a life.

Contributor
1stbullrun

This place is really lively and fun. Is this the new city hall?

Visitor

Hey Ghost I am leaving too.  Comcast is awful,I can't believe they did this.  See you over at critters.  Time to call Dish!!!!

Visitor

reasd wrote:

Hello,

I second that opinion ... BAD ... BAD ... BAD .... Comcast Shot themselves in the foot w/that move. They are also going to loose a lot of customers that stayed with Comcast just because of the forums. It was indeed a COMMUNITY ... but I guess Comcast has no concern about their customers .. only $$$ ... so I guess, since I already know a number of people that are in the process of DUMPING Comcast .. well if Comcast can afford to loose business .. WOW ... must be real nice.

For those who say ... "Whine some where else ..." (HINT) -> They closed down the FORUMS and this is where we are sent ... so Blame Comcast for that ... not us. :smileyhappy:

Contributor
1stbullrun

Anon404797 wrote:

reasd wrote:

Hello,

I second that opinion ... BAD ... BAD ... BAD .... Comcast Shot themselves in the foot w/that move. They are also going to loose a lot of customers that stayed with Comcast just because of the forums. It was indeed a COMMUNITY ... but I guess Comcast has no concern about their customers .. only $$$ ... so I guess, since I already know a number of people that are in the process of DUMPING Comcast .. well if Comcast can afford to loose business .. WOW ... must be real nice.

For those who say ... "Whine some where else ..." (HINT) -> They closed down the FORUMS and this is where we are sent ... so Blame Comcast for that ... not us. :smileyhappy:

I third the opinion. And yes this is what they gave us. Some consolation prize.

Visitor

1stbullrun wrote:

Anon404797 wrote:

reasd wrote:

Hello,

I third the opinion. And yes this is what they gave us. Some consolation prize.

No .. this is not the "consolation prize" it is the ...... well ..... glad Comcast felt they could loose clients, in this economy. The thing that they did not - do not realize is ... those Forums were a COMMUNITY of FRIENDS ... and you don't mess with a Community of Friends without some fall out. So hey they can afford to loose clients ... good for them!

Contributor
1stbullrun

lindajoyt wrote:

Since PROFITS is all they are concerned with it's no wonder...Customer Service has become obsolete..It's time to now let Comcast become obsolete as well....As you point out, then they will be scurring to try and bring back the base they so effortlessly threw away...And it will be too late...Such is the end my friend..Not only for Forums but Comcast as well...

I am surprised there are no big ads on this page. Wake up comcast, you are loosing money. Right! :smileyangry:

Contributor
LaHarris

Somebody tagged this with "bye bye crybaby"

Hello???

Any adults left at Comcast?

LaHarris wrote:

I just loved how someone tagged my post with a "boo hoo"

Are there any ADULTS here?

Contributor

I can't get in to the forums to post but I have figured out how to get in and read.  Ha ha!  Prolly won't last either.:smileysad:  Anyway, 1st bull you are the winner of the "Excuse Me I just wanted to Say" thread for the last word and Irish got the last word in on pumpkin's "Where is Red" thread.

I feel cheated because I got booted earlier than you two (2:17 my time and 3:17 EST).  I think there were some shenanigans going on there...lol

I dropped in over at the new CS briefly after the blitz.  I am still not registered there but can read and I saw that Tycho stopped in.  How sweet.  Thanks again, Tycho, for making me Rhodium before the end.  I ended up 929 posts short of where I "officially" should have been but I still feel like I earned it...:womanhappy:

I'm really unhappy with Comcast as well.  We are such good people.  Why don't they love us enough to let us have this place?

Maybe we should make the "Help Forum" our new home....ahahahahahaha!  Okay, just kidding about that one.:smileygrin:

Here is a photo of me at the end....so you know it's me you're talkin' to.

Rhodium Contributor
RedMomma5

See ya 'round the net n' such, my friends....xxxxoooo!!!!  ((((((((hugs)))))))))

1stbullrun wrote:

Contributor
LaHarris

LOL!!!   I don't think they are used to having intelligent convos here.   :smileylaugh:

m-i-s-s-i-o-n wrote:

Well I guess I missed it folks,,,,,,,Love to all and see ya at the new place...

hey, maybe we should hang out here ?

Mission

Service Expert
Again

1stbullrun wrote:

lindajoyt wrote:

I am surprised there are no big ads on this page. Wake up comcast, you are loosing money. Right! :smileyangry:

These are support forums, not social forums. Everyone apparently has been redirected to this thread so that latecomers could find out the Community forums were closed and if they wanted to still continue to interact where they are supposed to go. 

I completely understand the anger and frustration over the closing of the Community Forums and that people want to vent their anger at Comcast.  This - the Help Forums - is not the place to do that.  This is primarily a customer-to-customer forum, and those of us that are "experts" are NOT employeed by Comcast; we are customers that freely give our time to help other customers.  Yes, there is an administrator and a few Comcast Employees, but their role is to help with problems that we are not able to solve on a customer-to-customer level.

At some point this thread will be locked.  In the meantime, if you post here, as with the Community Forums, guidelines need to be followed, and you have agreed to them if you post.  So, if you have to be ugly in your comments, or abusive to anyone here that has no control over what happened to the Community Forums, please take it to the new Coffee Shop where there are no Comcast mods or admins to ban or remove your posts.

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."
--- Lao Tzu ---
"Life is not linear. It's all a circle. Our dust becomes the firmament on which the future walks."
--- © James Scott 2014 ---

Regular Contributor

1stbullrun wrote:

1stbull...it's your tinkerbolt buddy.  The Help Forum is a place for Comcast customers to get assistance with issues from everyday customers like us that know how to help with e-mail, connection, etc issues.  Unfortunately, this thread will be the only posting tool for those customers who wish to share their grief on the closing of the Community Forums.  Myself, (as Lil_Sis), went through this a few years ago when community postings were eliminated in this Help Forum and moved to the new Community forums.  I highly doubt that the Help Forum will instigate a community within the walls here again.  Not sure if you were joking in your post or not??  LOL! :smileyhappy: