Visitor

Computer access to email

[ Edited ]

email: whoknows81@comcast.net. I pay over $147.++/month to have access to computer, phone and TV through Comcast services and yet I receive the aggravating message that I have to sign in EVERY TIME I use my computer. I pay dearly for the right to use my email through Comcast.   Please tell me why I have to be barred from my own email site every time I log on????!!!! If there is a way to rid myself of this time consuming nonsense which just shows me how inconsequential I am, do tell me. I am fed up.

New Visitor
cruelasram

Re: Computer access to email

I don' t have an answer, sorry, but I want to echo your frustration.

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing, but I am so annoyed that it takes so many steps to get to my inbox--especially when I'm already logged in.

I understand that Comcast cares about my security, but if I don't log out, I'd appreciate NOT having to log in every time I close my e-mail and try to return to it minutes later. And the pages take a few extra seconds to load, so it makes it worse. I may be unreasonable, but I don' t think (for the price we pay), that it should take over 20 seconds to get to my messages.

I assumed Comast would fix the problem after what I assumed would be many complaints, but it hasn't changed. Before the change, I was able to click on a link that took me straight to the e-mail log in, but I can't do that anymore, and I'm fairly annoyed.

New Visitor
cruelasram

I'm hoping this old post (below) regarding the new homepage means that the problem is on it's way to being fixed. Either that, or they consider it fixed already :smileysad:.

Re: New home page is horrible. Can I have the old one back ?

Hi all,

The new XFINITY homepage still offers first-class news and video from across the globe, but now as an XFINITY customer you can also connect to your personal TV, Voice, and internet in seconds. You’ll be able to engage with new tools like entertainment trending, previewing emails in your inbox, and easier account service access.

We're listening to all customer feedback on the design from a number of sources and incorporating that feedback into future design iterations. We've actually already made some changes based on feedback posted here, such as removing the "uh oh" when you're not logged in and adding a link on the homepage that takes you directly to your e-mail inbox. To learn more about the changes on the homepage, please go here for more information:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/online/homepage/

Not all customers will see this change right away. If the page is not available to you and you would like to check it out, use this link to check the new format:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/home/x/ 

Please continue to post specific feedback about what you like and don't like about the format and we'll do our best to deliver a home page format that satisfies all of our customers.

We hope that you'll give the new format a chance.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Email Expert
CCCarole

[ Edited ]

email: whoknows81@comcast.net. I pay over $147.++/month to have access to computer, phone and TV through Comcast services and yet I receive the aggravating message that I have to sign in EVERY TIME I use my computer. I pay dearly for the right to use my email through Comcast.   Please tell me why I have to be barred from my own email site every time I log on????!!!! If there is a way to rid myself of this time consuming nonsense which just shows me how inconsequential I am, do tell me. I am fed up.

On the Comcast homepage when you click on Sign in and the sign in box comes up. You will see the text, Keep me signed in... With a box tonclick on.  This is a Comcast feature and is a cookie.  Unless you have your browser set to delete all cookies when closing your browser, it should remember your information.

I am sure you already know that you don't have to use XfinityConnect for email... You can use an email client or email program you choose.  Eg; Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird, Oulook, Gmail,etc.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

whoknows81 wrote:

This is a known issue. Please follow this thread for updates:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Xfinity-com-Website/Keep-me-signed-in-BROKEN-AGAIN/td-p/1470567

I am going to lock this thread.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe