Reply
Contributor
mikeriz
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎07-24-2012

DVR Manager online recordings does not match what is on DVR

The DVR Manager online (http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/dvr) recordings does not match what is on DVR.  When I go into the DVR online, I am seeing recordings dating back to August 2012.  I go into the DVR and there are no recordings that far back. 

 

I selected it on DVR Manager and said play it now, and it did nothing, which makes sense to me since it is not on my DVR. 

 

How can I get these to be in Sync?  I travel a lot and want to delete items using the online DVR manager, but if they are not in Sync, I am hesitant to trust the service.

 

I have screenshots that I can share. Here are links to them  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e75aex8m1addnv2/oz1M1sAvhB/DVR

 

You can see that the DVR has no recordings beginning with the letter L, yet there are recordings shown on the DVR called Locked Up Abroad.  These are nowhere to be found on the actual DVR using my TV.  This is just one example of what I am seeing.

 

Thanks

Mike

 

 

 

Official Employee
ComcastJoe
Posts: 6,870
Registered: ‎08-11-2011

Re: DVR Manager online recordings does not match what is on DVR


mikeriz wrote:

The DVR Manager online (http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/dvr) recordings does not match what is on DVR.  When I go into the DVR online, I am seeing recordings dating back to August 2012.  I go into the DVR and there are no recordings that far back. 

 

I selected it on DVR Manager and said play it now, and it did nothing, which makes sense to me since it is not on my DVR. 

 

How can I get these to be in Sync?  I travel a lot and want to delete items using the online DVR manager, but if they are not in Sync, I am hesitant to trust the service.

 

I have screenshots that I can share. Here are links to them  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e75aex8m1addnv2/oz1M1sAvhB/DVR

 

You can see that the DVR has no recordings beginning with the letter L, yet there are recordings shown on the DVR called Locked Up Abroad.  These are nowhere to be found on the actual DVR using my TV.  This is just one example of what I am seeing.

 

Thanks

Mike

 

 

 


Go here and make sure that you have the right zip code and service area selected. Make sure the TV Listings match up.

 

If they are matched up and you are still seeing this issue, try unplugging your box for a minute or so and then plug it back in.

 

I suggest you do this before you leave the house or before you go to bed. It takes some time for the grid to fully load and for the cable box to fully sync back up again.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

 

 

Contributor
mikeriz
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎07-24-2012

Re: DVR Manager online recordings does not match what is on DVR

Thanks for the ideas there, but that didnt solve anything.  As I said, about 80% of it matches, not all 100%, so I know I have the correct settings for my TV and my listings.  

 

I can even see that the next 5 recordings here match up with the box.  http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/cable-boxes

 

Unfortuntantely due to the fact that my DVR and anywhere DVR keep locking up, I reset the box weekly if not more, so that also does not fix the issue.

 

I have to tend to think that the problem is with the website, as the box has what is on there, that is where the items were recorded and where the HD with content is.  

 

Any other suggestions/options?
Thanks

Mike

 

Official Employee
ComcastJoe
Posts: 6,870
Registered: ‎08-11-2011

Re: DVR Manager online recordings does not match what is on DVR


mikeriz wrote:

Thanks for the ideas there, but that didnt solve anything.  As I said, about 80% of it matches, not all 100%, so I know I have the correct settings for my TV and my listings.  

 

I can even see that the next 5 recordings here match up with the box.  http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/cable-boxes

 

Unfortuntantely due to the fact that my DVR and anywhere DVR keep locking up, I reset the box weekly if not more, so that also does not fix the issue.

 

I have to tend to think that the problem is with the website, as the box has what is on there, that is where the items were recorded and where the HD with content is.  

 

Any other suggestions/options?
Thanks

Mike

 


How often does your DVR freeze? Does it give you a lot of issues?

 

I ask because it may be the DVR itself. I might suggest that you look into swapping out your DVR for a new one.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Contributor
mikeriz
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎07-24-2012

Re: DVR Manager online recordings does not match what is on DVR

I have done that before, it is a common problem I believe with the comcast hardware, and honeslty quite a hassle all the time I need to replace/repair any comcast HW.  Which is why I buy my own cable modem, etc...

 

The DVR works most of the time.  The most common thing to happen is that my any room player in my bedroom cannot access the recordings on the main DVR.  Support has always told me to reset the main DVR, wait till its up for at least 30 minutes, and then power up the other reciever.  This fixes that problem.

 

Is there a way to reset the info that I see on the web page, and let it reload what is on the DVR?  That is what it needs, its not sycned up properly.  

Official Employee
ComcastJoe
Posts: 6,870
Registered: ‎08-11-2011

Re: DVR Manager online recordings does not match what is on DVR


mikeriz wrote:

I have done that before, it is a common problem I believe with the comcast hardware, and honeslty quite a hassle all the time I need to replace/repair any comcast HW.  Which is why I buy my own cable modem, etc...

 

The DVR works most of the time.  The most common thing to happen is that my any room player in my bedroom cannot access the recordings on the main DVR.  Support has always told me to reset the main DVR, wait till its up for at least 30 minutes, and then power up the other reciever.  This fixes that problem.

 

Is there a way to reset the info that I see on the web page, and let it reload what is on the DVR?  That is what it needs, its not sycned up properly.  


Do the channels on your online TV Listings page match the listings that you see on your DVR?

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Contributor
mikeriz
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎07-24-2012

Re: DVR Manager online recordings does not match what is on DVR

Yes Joe. They match 100%, everything matches, my season passes, channel lineup, and i can control my DVR box from the web...There is only one thing that does not match and that is the Recordings on the DVR.

For example, my DVR on TV is showing my DVR at 38% Full, yet at http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/dvr, it is showing 42% full. So right there is a problem. How much time should it take for a deletion on the DVR to be reflected online and vice-versa.

If I delete show A online, will it/should it take 30/60/90 seconds, or 5 minutes for the DVR to reflect this. I would expect it to be quick since I can control my DVR using my Ipad, Web Browser, Android, so it is direclty communicating with the DVR.

While on http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings, when I click on watch on TV, it changes the channel immediately.

I just deleted an item from my PC at 527pm. It was deleted from my only DVR in my house within seconds..

Contributor
mikeriz
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎07-24-2012

Re: DVR Manager online recordings does not match what is on DVR

Yes Joe. They match 100%, everything matches, my season passes, channel lineup, and i can control my DVR box from the web...There is only one thing that does not match and that is the Recordings on the DVR.

For example, my DVR on TV is showing my DVR at 38% Full, yet at http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/dvr, it is showing 42% full. So right there is a problem. How much time should it take for a deletion on the DVR to be reflected online and vice-versa.

If I delete show A online, will it/should it take 30/60/90 seconds, or 5 minutes for the DVR to reflect this. I would expect it to be quick since I can control my DVR using my Ipad, Web Browser, Android, so it is direclty communicating with the DVR.

While on http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings, when I click on watch on TV, it changes the channel immediately.

I just deleted an item from my PC at 527pm. It was deleted from my only DVR in my house within seconds..