New Visitor
RFla913

Data Usage Meter location

Does anyone know where to find the Data Usage Meter?
It was on the Customer Central page before they created a new look.
Now I cannot locate it.
Has anyone else been successful in locating it?
Thanks!

Contributor

Re: Data Usage Meter location

[ Edited ]

Yes, click on "My Account" above then "My Services" and it's in the "Equipment box" to the right of the page.

For the customers not able to view there usage meter please contact Comcast Customer Security Assurance at (877) 807-6581

Contributor
Sunhawk

Have they given any reason why they keep moving this tool around, making it difficult to find?

Contributor
Anon795687

maybe it will reappear late today, but as of this morning 11-1, it's gone again. Just found it after lookinh all over and calling, talking to tech reps in chat rooms. none of that got me a simple answer that it was moved. Grrrr...... this thing is really annoying lately. Or it is just ME?????

Contributor
Sunhawk

No, it's not just you.  After "new and better" website debuted, it got moved and there were a lot of comments about people trying to find where they "hid" it.  I finally found someone that posted that it was in the Manage Equipment page but it seems to have moved again (or they've taken it off-line, who knows).

Contributor
Anon795687

thanks for the heads up. Guess i'll keep looking. i do know the OLD meter disappeared on my the first few hours on the 1st of each month, so maybe that's it. Or not. Anyway, thanks for letting me know i'm not alone and the search goes on .... Where is Waldo anyway?

Contributor
Anon795687

I FOUND WALDO!!!! Or The meter anyway. It's back up (as of 7:10 Pacific Time anyway). Back under my services ....... Just thought i'd let ya;'all know it hasn't totally run away from home.  Hope everyone else's has returned as well. Wonder why it vanishes whenever they have to refresh it? You'd think a high-tech company would have grasp on something as simple as updating a meter???????

Contributor

Anon795687 wrote:

I FOUND WALDO!!!! Or The meter anyway. It's back up (as of 7:10 Pacific Time anyway). Back under my services .......

:smileylaugh: It does normally disappear for a few hours at the beginning of the month, as you say...

So just to reiterate for others. Click "My Account" then "My Services" and it's in the equipment box to the right of the page.

If it still fails to appear for anyone later today, please contact Comcast Customer Security Assurance at (877) 807-6581

New Visitor
diamantopoulos1

The usage meter is not in the equipment box as described in this thread.  I cannot find it anywhere.

Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

In http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Connectivity-and-Modem-Help/Internet-Data-Usage/m-p/1428343#M161845, employee ComcastLarry asks that customers who don't have a usage meter call Comcast Security at 1-877-807-6581.

New Visitor
ronaldso

The whole reason why we are searching for answers online is that WE DO NOT WANT TO WASTE TIME WAITING ON THE PHONE.  Comcast you are really screwing up, repeatedly.

New Visitor
ruwal

I just finished a chat session with Comcast support. Perry stated that data caps (and usage meter) have been suspended for now and that August 1st a test program has been instituted in Nashville area only for a 300GB cap and optionbs for more usage available. He further stated that they have a downloadable meter at: http://datacalculator.comcast.net/ComcastUsageMeter.exe I installed it and it works easily for my needs.

Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

ruwal wrote: ... a test program has been instituted in Nashville area only ...

A trial is also underway in Tucson. See https://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/data-usage-what-are-the-different-plans-launc...

New Visitor
chriseggroll

just had a chat with someone, i am in nashville btw:

Chris: how do i check it myself?

Chris: and when does it start over

Angelito: It will be displayed via custimer.comcast,com every second week of the month , it will start or refresh to 300 GB every month ( every 2nd week of the month )

Chris: but what day specifically?

Chris: sunday, monday etc?

Chris: and what happens if i go over?

Angelito: every Monday of the Second week , a notification email will be sent if you go over to the Data Limit , as a first warning , it will include the specific number or data that you can use until the Allowance will reset to 300GB, if you will still go beyond that limit , your connection will be put on Hold it could also lead to Disconnection

Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

[ Edited ]

The Usage Meter resets to zero on the last day of each month at 7PM Eastern Standard Time. When the reset occurs the meter tends to disappear for a few hours.

The meter is only visible to primary accounts, and to secondary accounts with billing access.

The meter is located in "My Account" / "My Services" / "Equipment".