New Visitor
mattr2

Does comcast block gaming applications?

I have several sons who like to play an online game for hours and hours.  It takes a lot of bandwidth, but we are not near the cap this month..... yet.

Anyway, the game is called "Leage of Legends" and stopped working a few days ago.  I have tried everything to get it working, remove and reinstall, reformate and reinstall OS, etc, nothing works.  I am wondering if comcast is blocking the application. 

Is there any way to find out?

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Re: Does comcast block gaming applications?

[ Edited ]

mattr2 wrote:

I have several sons who like to play an online game for hours and hours.  It takes a lot of bandwidth, but we are not near the cap this month..... yet.

Anyway, the game is called "Leage of Legends" and stopped working a few days ago.  I have tried everything to get it working, remove and reinstall, reformate and reinstall OS, etc, nothing works.  I am wondering if comcast is blocking the application. 

Is there any way to find out?

It is rare for someone to go over their limit and if you think you did not go over than you will have to contact League of Legends directly.

You should be able to see your Usage Data through Customer Central under the User & Settings tab but some customers are reporting that it is missing and we are further looking into why it is happening. Here is the thread:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Xfinity-com-Website/Usage-Meter-Gone/td-p/1144543

If you went over your limit, no websites would be working from your internet.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

ComcastJoe wrote: ... If you went over your limit, no websites would be working from your internet. ...

Really?

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

[ Edited ]

BruceW wrote:

ComcastJoe wrote: ... If you went over your limit, no websites would be working from your internet. ...

Really?

I am sorry, I misspoke. If a customer has been warned and still exceeds the threshold, they could have their service suspended.

Mattr2 has not been warned so I am assuming that his internet has not been suspended.

It is very rare but it has happened.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Email Expert
CCCarole