Contributor

Finance Page Unavailable?

When I try to access the "Finance" page from my Comcast home page, only a very few of the normal page elements appear.

I am unable to access my watch list, etc.

Any ideas?

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Finance Page Unavailable?

[ Edited ]

Which browser/version do you use?  Have you cleared your browser cache?

Haveyou tried a different browser, such as Firefox, to test if the problem is with your browser?

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor

I typically use Explorer 9, Version 9.0.8112.16421

I have cleared the cache

I just loaded Firefox and tried it....no difference.

The finance page only loads basically the header.....nothing else.

Contributor
sexygeek

OMG! I have the EXACT same problem. I have the EXACT same version of IE as well. I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium. I've been talking to different people at Comcast since Sunday afternoon. That's when it first started happening. Not only is the Finance page blank except for the headers, so is the News, Sports, and Entertainment. AND the Inbox Preview of my email is also blank. I even had someone email me from Comcast today telling me they removed the firewall from my Comcast Gateway and that should fix the problem. It didn't. I have an SMC Networks Gateway Model SMCD3G. What is going on? Oh, and I checked my laptop which has Windows XP and IE 8; SAME PROBLEM. Comcast keeps telling me it's on my end and my problem. This is not my problem. I even suggested to the lady at Comcast that it may be a Comcast server issue or possibly a node going bad. I think I went too far over her head for her to understand. Also, I'm in Washington State. Is this a West Coast problem? Please advise as this is really taking up far too much of my time. Between being on the phone and on live chat, I've wasted about 7 hours on this problem. I've got a business to run so if someone could please help me, I would appreciate it. Thank you so much for your time.

Contributor

I checked further after reading your reply and I too have the same issue with the the News, Sports, and Entertainment pages.

Like you, I certainly believe this is a problem on Comcast's end but I am not encouraged to hear they are already denying that with you. Unfortunately, that is their typical response...........

Once enough of us complain, I would hope  they will look into fixing the problem.

Email Expert
CCCarole

I have notified the Administrator of your problems. Please watch this thread for a reply.

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Contributor

This problem is still not resolved........

How long is reasonable to expect for a fix?

Contributor
sexygeek

This is getting extremely frustrating. Does anyone have an answer or at least an acknowledgement of the problem??

Contributor
sexygeek

AlphaBoat -

I just got off the phone with Comcast Business Support in Denver, Colorado. They were able to duplicate my problem by signing into Comcast using one of my username/passwords. Once they signed in, it created a cookie that actually BLOCKS the pages we're having problems with now. The only way to make the info appear on the pages is to clear your cache of everything; including your saved passwords. Then you can see everything on Comcast.net. However, once you login again, you will not be able to see the pages until you clear everything out again.

It's been escalated again since they didn't fix it the first time. It's now going to one of their web engineers because they've acknowledged that it's something on the back end of Comcast that's causing this problem. The guy even said he was amazed this is the first they've heard of this because he believes it's probably affecting A LOT of people.

I will post here when I find out more. I just couldn't wait any longer for someone on here to look at this problem.

Contributor

Sexygeek, (That's one I guess I never thought I would type as a greeting)

Thanks for filling me in on this new development.

I was pretty sure something like that was "afoot" as I got the page to work properly one time the other day and then it was gone again. I thought they were just teasing me.....

If only the Comcast folks were as diligent as you to get information out to customers with a problem, I would have so much more confidence in them as a company.

I just wonder how much patience they would have if we contacted them to let them know that we were having a small problem coming up with enough cash to pay the charge for their "service".

I'm guessing our service would be terminated a whole lot faster than what it is taking them to solve our current problem.....

Contributor
sexygeek

Latest update -

Twice now Comcast has told me this problem is fixed after being escalated. Twice now I've told them it isn't fixed. For a third time they've now escalated the SAME problem. On my own, I've figured out the problem is created once you login through the Comcast.net email interface. If I can figure out where the problem starts, why can't Comcast fix this?????

Email Expert
CCCarole

The Administrator has been notified of your post.

Contributor
sexygeek

[ Edited ]

AlphaBoat -

After FOUR escalations, I FINALLY have confirmation that this problem is even happening to some of the engineers themselves at Comcast now. I had a feeling this was one of those programming issues that would eventually multiply. Comcast believes the issue is either being caused by recent advertising changes or some other updates they are making on their home page. It may be caused by a corrupt cookie. I just got a call confirming they are actively working on the problem because it's now affecting lots of people.

What can I say? Tenacious is my middle name. :smileywink:

(Even we geeks can be sexy, you know. LOL)

Contributor

I guess it takes a TSG (Tenacious Sexy Geek) to get their attention.

Thanks for your efforts to get this resolved.

Hopefully, now that they themselves are having problems, maybe that will be  the added motivation required to get this taken care of once and for all.

Alphaboat

Contributor

Hello Sexygeek........

Say, are you still plagued by this issue?

For a short while I was able to get onto the Finance page. Sometimes, just the header would appear but I was able to hit refresh and after a few tries, the page would load properly.

However, now (and for the last 5-7 days) it is back to like it was and totally inaccessible.

Just wondering if you are "in the same boat"

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

sexygeek,

Were you ever given a ticket number?

I would like to follow up on this issue.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Contributor

Joe,

I can't say for Sexygeek, But I have a ref #93403

As you can see, this issue has been ongoing for some time now.

I spent well over an hour this morning with two chat sessions with no resolutions.

In the end, they told me that the issue is a known problem and limitted resources prevent them from being able to resolve a website problem as they are working overtime trying to keep hardware working.

That being what it is.....I am expected to make timely monthly payments for service I am not receiving.

Needless to say.....I am frustrated.

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I can also replicate this issue in the Portland/Eugene area. Every page shows up blank except for the "Local News". I do not have any issues with this via FireFox but is only happening with Internet Explorer.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Hi all,

Are you logged in or logged out when this error occurs?

Do you have Javascript enabled?

Does clearing your cache work? If so, does it only work temporarily?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I've tried both logging in and out from multiple locations.

Javascript is enabled and clearing my cache does not assist.

Joe, if you could PM me directly I'd appriciate that. Thank you.