New Visitor
Canalbird

Foolishness!

When I tried to watch a show online I get:

"Xfinity Video Player Upgrade

"Upgrade your Xfinity Player!

In order to watch On Demand Online videos with "HD-Like" picture quality, you need to install the new Xfinity Player"

Maybe you should put a link to the new player on the Page telling me to upgrade (like any smart webdesigner would do) so it can be downloaded instead of spending 20 minutes looking for where it is hidden!

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Re: Foolishness!

Canalbird wrote:

When I tried to watch a show online I get:

"Xfinity Video Player Upgrade

"Upgrade your Xfinity Player!

In order to watch On Demand Online videos with "HD-Like" picture quality, you need to install the new Xfinity Player"

Maybe you should put a link to the new player on the Page telling me to upgrade (like any smart webdesigner would do) so it can be downloaded instead of spending 20 minutes looking for where it is hidden!

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

New Visitor
Canalbird

[ Edited ]

First, I'm not copying information about my account, computer, or anything else for that matter on a public forum. That being said...

...After checking out a few things I have found that the video player in question is part of a comcast software package that I do not plan to put on my computer. Is there some real reason that comcast does not use Flash to stream video?  

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Canalbird wrote:

First, I'm not copying information about my account, computer, or anything else for that matter on a public forum. That being said...

...After checking out a few things I have found that the video player in question is part of a comcast software package that I do not plan to put on my computer. Is there some real reason that comcast does not use Flash to stream video?  

Some content providers use Silverlight technology to stream their content and others use Flash so we use both on our website.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

New Visitor
Canalbird

Hey Joe,

Ok, so how about telling me how to tell which videos use flash or post a link to some info on it.

Thanks.