Easy Fix --> locate --> C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Local\Temp\pcInitializer

in that folder you will find the uninstall.exe

click on it

that's it

New Visitor

Re: I don't want Easy Solve

Same problem...

Easysolve installer at bootup.

Comcast experts are available after a 20-60 minute wait.

Pete

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

PeterNelson wrote:

Same problem...

Easysolve installer at bootup.

Comcast experts are available after a 20-60 minute wait.

Pete

They won't know anything about Easy Solve.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor

easysolve installer screen appears at each boot.  nothing appears on the screen.  installed program and the uninstalled.  still appears.  please help!

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

I am unable to replicate the Easy Solve installer issue.

IF EASY SOLVED IS UNINSTALLED:

The only thing I can suggest is download Everything Search from here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/everything/  and install it.

After the install open it up. Let it populate, then type in Motive. When the results are listed RIGHT click on each Motive folder entry in Everything and choose Delete from the context menu. This will send the folders to the recycle bin. There should be 4 different Motive folders.

Unfortunately Comcast does not have someone from the Easy Solve team assigned to the forum. I have asked several times for of them to show up every once in a while to help those with Easy Solve issues. The program was foisted on the masses with no support for it.

pmarket wrote:

Had the same probem!

Easy Fix --> locate --> C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Local\Temp\pcInitializer

in that folder you will find the uninstall.exe

click on it

that's it

pmarket failed to mention one thing. In order to view the AppData folder you will have to allow hidden files and folders AND protected operating system folders to show.

Also, pcInitializer    may not even be listed. It wasn't when I looked for it.  I also used Everything to search for it and it is nowhere on my computer.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor

downloaded everything search.  removed motives.   now everything search shows up first and then easysolve installer comes and then an error messege.

line:  22

char:  2

error:  object doesn't support property or method 'log remote'

code:  0

url:  file:///C:/Users/nancyAppData/Local/Temp/Comcast_Installer/PreQual.html

Contributor

I just went to Control Panel Seleted Add/Remove Programs, found Easy Solve, highlighted it and selected REMOVE, the uninstall routine then ran. I expect that upon reboot and running Regzooka to clear registry files all traces should be gone. 

New Visitor
pmarket

Worked for me :smileycool:

Regular Visitor

Please uninstall (take off) EASY SOLVE INSTALLER on my computer when I log on.  It is a nusiance to have to delete the empty shell - -- it goes no where when I click on it.

I NO LONGER WANT IT ON MY COMOUTER!

Thanks -

New Visitor

Easy Solve is nothing more than spam.  I want it off my computer yesterday!

Email Expert
CCCarole

If you don't want Easy Solve, uninstall it.  No one has access to your PC.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Visitor
js36ws37

ow do I remove Easy Solve feature fom my computer?

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Control Panel/Add Remove Programs. It will be called Programs and Features in some versions of Windows.