Contributor
colleen428

I'm Not Staying Signed In

Every day I have to sign in.   I always check "remember me" and cookies work everywhere else. 

Is anyone else having this problem?   I hope it's not just me....

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Re: I'm Not Staying Signed In

colleen428 wrote:

Every day I have to sign in.   I always check "remember me" and cookies work everywhere else. 

Is anyone else having this problem?   I hope it's not just me....

What web browser and operating system are you using? I would like to test this out.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Visitor
acmac

No you are not alone, I have the same problem

Contributor
colleen428

I have Windows 7 and I'm using Mozilla Aurora, which I just started using about a week ago.   Hmmm, maybe that's the problem....that never occured to me until I just wrote it.

Thanks for your help!

Contributor
colleen428

It's still happening....

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

colleen428 wrote:

I have Windows 7 and I'm using Mozilla Aurora, which I just started using about a week ago.   Hmmm, maybe that's the problem....that never occured to me until I just wrote it.

Thanks for your help!

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Aurora is a pre-beta browser and our site is not fully compatible with most beta and pre-beta browser versions because they are not stable.

Thanks,
Joe

Contributor
colleen428

I'll switch back to Firefox tonight for a few days and see how that goes.   I'll let you know - thanks!

Contributor
colleen428

I've kept one computer on Firefox and one on Aurora......that definitely seems to be it since the FF one is never logged out.

Any suggestions?   It's not so much that I mind signing in, but it would be nice if it was fixed.

Thanks for your help!

New Visitor
earljr

Same problem here, IE9 cannot stay signed in and keeps dropping zip code. I have comacst for home page and have to keep entering zip code and signing in. This just started about a week ago, very frustrating.

Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

colleen428 wrote: ... Any suggestions?   It's not so much that I mind signing in, but it would be nice if it was fixed. ...

Any chance you are clicking a Comcast "Log out" link before you shut down the browser? If you are not logged in when the browser quits, "Remember me" won't work.

New Visitor
earljr

comcast Joe, Please give some help with this zip code problem. I have read all post about this issue and all I have read is suggestions everybody has already tried with no luck. this is clearly a Comcast web page problem address this on your end please. when everyone has the same problem with diff. browsers it is on your end.I have spent my time checking and reading other post I am not getting paid to do it

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

earljr wrote:

comcast Joe, Please give some help with this zip code problem. I have read all post about this issue and all I have read is suggestions everybody has already tried with no luck. this is clearly a Comcast web page problem address this on your end please. when everyone has the same problem with diff. browsers it is on your end.I have spent my time checking and reading other post I am not getting paid to do it

Are you changing your zip code through the local news link near the center of the page or through the weather module near the top of the page?

Thanks,
Joe

Contributor
colleen428

LOL, no.  This is just since I switched to Aurora.

Contributor
colleen428

(that was a response to Bruce)

New Visitor
littlebaba50

when sign in I get different home pages not the one I sign in for which is comcast.net

Email Expert
CCCarole

littlebaba50 wrote:

when sign in I get different home pages not the one I sign in for which is comcast.net

Which browser/version are you using? 

If Internet Explorer:

From http://xfinity.comcast.net/  look on the right side at the top of the page where you sign in.  You should see this link in red text: Make this my homepage.  Click on that link on the homepage.

CC

Make this my homepgae.JPG

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor

Same here... My home page is http:www.comcast.net... which always worked fine before... now my home page opens up at http:xfinity.comcast.net... and now I have to sign in constantly, even though I have checked to keep me signed in.  Do I now have to change my homepage to the xfinity.comcast.net page that comes up, or is there something else I should do?  Irritating at best.  Thanks for any advice.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Comcast is aware of the Sign In issue and is working on the fix. If you go to the Email Forum and scroll through the threads you will see many threads on this issue.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor

Okay, thanks vm for that info.    I hope they can get it corrected.  It's certainly not at the top of the list for problems in the world, but is a bit frustrating to have to keep signing in repeatedly.  Again, I appreciate the reply regarding the situation.  (and by the way, I did make xfinity my home page, to no avail... it still has the problem, as I'm sure they are aware.)  Hagd.