Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Keep me signed in-BROKEN AGAIN

I use keep me signed in for a reason.

Comcast, do YOU have a reason for wanting me to sign in to the forum EVERY TIME? After a couple of months of staying signed in working it STOPPED working yesterday afternoon.

This is not the first time it works for a while then doesn't work. It probably will not be last.

FIGURE OUT WHAT IS GOING ON AND FIX IT SO IT STAYS FIXED!!!!!!!!

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Official Employee
ComcastEric

Re: Keep me signed in-BROKEN AGAIN

We are still actively working to resolve this issue, but because its been intermittent, its been difficult to pinpoint the root cause.  Please know that we are taking this issue very seriously and know that it is causing customer dissatisfaction with our sites.  Thanks for your patience as we work to resolve this.

Eric

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

I rarely lose my patience. But what little patience I did have about this issue was used up long ago.

This has been a issue for months.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Regular Problem Solver
BlueJay

QE,

Are you aware of the new and innovative problem solver EASY SOLVE, that comcast has made available to customers..

Why not give it a whirl and see if it can help?   :smileydevil::smileysilly::smileycool::smileywink:

ciao, bj:smileylove:

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

BJ, I can very easily get the 2x4 right now.

But since you are my friend I will leave it in the supply closet.

Your post did make me laugh and considering that I just got through dealing with a computer issue that involved a wireless mouse and a USB port and a little over one hour to resolve I needed to laugh right now.

Regular Problem Solver
BlueJay

:smileylaugh: :smileycool: :smileylove:

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Drat. Easy Solve did not solve my connection issue. I am disappointed that it did not do what it claims.

Solve your connection problems

Do-it-yourself fixes, service outage resolutions, optimization scans and more help you get the most from your Internet.

At 2:50 pm (my time) the internet went down due to a service outage.

Just for fun I opened Easy Solve, which I keep on my computer for testing purposes.

Yep, it told me I was not connected to the internet. Well, duh, I knew that because my modem had one blinking light and one steady light. I also used my mobile phone to check and there it was: known problem in my area.

Folks, don't fall for it. Easy Solve does not resolve service outages. Which I already knew but playing with it helped pass some time.  If it did there would be a lot of Comcast engineers looking for new jobs since they would have nothing to do since a program would be doing it for them.

Bronze Problem Solver

Easy Solve didn't do what it claims to do?  I'm shocked.  Shocked!

Email Expert
CCCarole

Welcome_to_Post wrote:

Easy Solve didn't do what it claims to do?  I'm shocked.  Shocked!

:smileyshocked:

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Regular Problem Solver
BlueJay

Queen-Evie wrote:

BJ, I can very easily get the 2x4 right now.

But since you are my friend I will leave it in the supply closet.

Your post did make me laugh and considering that I just got through dealing with a computer issue that involved a wireless mouse and a USB port and a little over one hour to resolve I needed to laugh right now.

QE, I sure you can easily get that 2x4, BUT,  can you reach me here in MA.. 

To aid and assist you, I'm sending you an activated 2x2..

2x4_main.jpg

What the heck???   Why was the image cut off??? I have never had that happen before..

I'm going to post this, but something is wrong...

Are the images being restricted, for size??  

ciao, bj

Contributor
lamictal

"Keep me signed in" is not broken "again", IT IS BROKEN STILL YET!   It is more than a nuisance to have to sign in every time I go to Comcast, and do NOT TELEPHONE THEM because they will tell you it is YOUR FAULT.

Official Employee
ComcastEric

Hi all, we still haven't been able to pinpoint the exact cause of the issue where "Remember Me" isn't keeping customers logged in, but we're still trying and need to gather some more information.

If you're still experiencing the issue, please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread.

thanks,

Eric

Bronze Problem Solver

[ Edited ]
My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 98.230.27.60 My operating system: Windows - rv:17.0 My web browser: Firefox 17 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.1.10329.0 My flash version: 11.5 r502 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (1655 Bytes) Time Information My Clock Time: Mon Dec 03 2012 19:42:45 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time) Server Clock Time: Mon Dec 03 2012 19:42:29 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: a Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: False Voice Subscriber: False

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

You folks have some formatting issues here.

Contributor

the reason comcast keeps having problems is because they keep trying to make sure they get all the money they can from us plus selling the stupid ads, I have an idea, why not skip all the news and stuff and just put ads on our home page

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Or use another page for your homepage. I have NEVER used the Comcast page for mine.

The only things I sign in to are the forums (reached via a bookmark),  My Account (reached by clicking the link at the top of this page) and the Xfinity TV site (also reached by using the Watch TV link at the top of this page and since I am signed in to the forum I do not have to sign in to the TV page).

I use an email client for Comcast mail-click the client icon on my desktop and there it is. No homepage involved.

I rarely look at the homepage and I have no clue what ads are on it.

The only ads I see are those on the sign in page when keep me signed in is broken.

New Visitor
Ballotti

Are you going to fix "keep me signed in or not?

Recognized Contributor

[ Edited ]

Gee is there a problem with keep me sign in? :smileyhappy:

Contributor
lamictal

And WHY am I still getting the message that my session has "timed out?"  This has been going on for the past two years for goodness sakes!

Official Employee
ComcastDaniel

lamictal, are you on the the email page when this happens?

- Dan