Contributor

Local News/Local Forecast

Used to defaul to a neighboring "larger" town - even when I would specifically change to my zip code.  next day would be the default again.

but now - says my zip code cannot be found.  I live in a town with over 25,000 residents - so it's not like a "one horse town"

Regular Contributor

Re: Local News/Local Forecast

Experiencing the exact same issue in Pittsburgh, PA (just started this week)

New Visitor

I can't understand why Comcast can't find the zip code that their facility in Sarasota, Florida is in (or next to).   I'm in 34243 and they still can't find it for local news, etc.  They keep coming up with 34230 - or something like that.   I would appreciate your fixing the problem so I can get local news.

Jean Cordier

New Visitor
domenic12345

I live in Boston Ma. zip code 02122 why can't it be found? Very slow and poor service!!!

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

What mobile devices are you using or is this happening on your computer?

IF ON YOUR COMPUTER, your post will be moved to the appropriate forum.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Regular Contributor

This is happening on computer running Windows XP, Service Pack 3.  Thank you

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

[ Edited ]

can you please post what it is your trying to do here?  local weather and news?  Is the town next to you not the same weather?   I have no way to get my local weather and news for my town, its always the next big town by you.    

If your doing this on your pc where are you putting in your zip code?  Are you looking for your specific own town's news?   Where would that come from?   I have to go to my state paper and then for my county to get that.  I am really not sure how your trying to do this,

PLease post the website your going to and then what your doing to enter the zip code..  I would like to try this and see what comes up.

Regular Contributor

The site is:  http://xfinity.comcast.net/

Local News will not load and site will not accept zip code input.  Thank you

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

rog,   http://xfinity.comcast.net/

Scroll down the page. On the left side where the links are to things such as Autos, Dating, etc. look for Local.

Click Local.

I have to say I was not impressed with what I saw after I entered my zip code.

The Weather was correct-it had my city name.

The news comes from a Birmingham newspaper (Birmingham's Elyton Village public housing community reopens after renovations)  (Metro Birmingham forecast: Sunny but turning cooler)

and a Birmingham tv station news department (Three puppies up for adoption).

Today is the first time I have looked at that section of the Comcast homepage since I rarely go to the homepage.

It will also be the last time I look at Local.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

There has to be some issue between the Comcast servers and their sources. I looked at the Xfinity.net page a few days ago and the weather kept showing up as -8 degrees. Did that for two straight days all during the day when I would look at it every once in a while.

Location is correct, cleared cache, etc. Still had the correct location, wrong readings. A few days later I noticed the weather readings seemed correct.

Just checked again and they are off from another local source. Will monitor to see if they stay the same for a long period of time.

But it looks like Comcast loses the update link to their weather source at least. If I remember correctly they use The Weather Channel(natural choice) and TWC may have issues with their database.

Queen Evie, I need to check out the LOCAL link to see how unimpressed I can be. Thanks for the update on your end.

Regular Contributor

Receive same message running Opera browser:

"You have entered an invalid ZIP code. Please re-enter and try again."

http://xfinity.comcast.net/

Thank you

Bronze Star Contributor

Local News - Invalid Zip Code

[ Edited ]

We are experiencing the same issues in Salem, Oregon as all of my fellow posters are describing. 

Is there a Comcast Official monitoring this problem, and if they are, please respond with a post as to what is being done to solve the issue........mick7

Email Expert
madylarian

[ Edited ]

FWIW I'm seeing the same problem so I suspect it's on the Comcast side.  I've asked the Comcast administrators to look into this situation.

mady

Honi soit qui mal y pense
New Visitor
karenc228

Re: Local News - Invalid Zip Code

Here in Indiana, too.  No local news because "You have entered an invalid ZIP code. Please re-enter and try again."

Comcast/Xfinity, ARE YOU THERE?

Official Employee
ComcastKeisha

I am reporting this issue to our engineers to get this worked on and resolved quickly. Sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank You
-Keisha-
Regular Contributor

Thank you Keisha.  Please let me know if you need further details to help resolve the problem.

Contributor

Posting to say that I see the same issue for the last 2 or 3 days in the Seattle area. In fact every zipcode I enter returns a response that the zip code is invalid and to enter a valid one. Really? you can't find Seattle or Everett or Lynnwood or Shoreline or Bellevue.

Seems like the page has been screwed up since they moved the weather widget from where it was above the mail icons on the right to the upper left of the page.

Contributor

Wrong location, can't find zip code

I have a problem with my location on my home page.  It doesn't show my location and when I try to change it, it comes up invalid and cannot find that zip code.  I have tried all the fixes listed in the forum and nothing works. I am using Firefox.  Any help would be appreciated. This has been going on for a couple of weeks now and I would like to resolve this issue.

New Visitor
calebsgrand

Re: Wrong location, can't find zip code

I am using Internet Explorer and having the same problem, I like to check the local news on my home page and now it's impossible because of this message.

New Visitor
maresapres

I can not access my local news.  I want to change the zip code and it won't allow me to?

New Visitor
stallion505

Same problem here.  This has been going on for the last three days.

New Visitor
carmy43

Same here wont take my zip or any zips ...Is Comcast checking into this problem?

Recognized Contributor
Debbielou

Yesterday it took my real zipcode, today it won't take any and I live in Chicago, Illinois.....Hello Comcast.....Thenks Debbielou

GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE, MANY WOULD BE LOST WITHOUT YOU, THANKYOU AGAIN!!!!!!!!
New Visitor
maresapres

She states that now it doesn't work.  It did for the first time but not the second.

Regular Contributor
RaiderGame

[ Edited ]

The zip code/local news issue can be resolved by simply clicking on the weather icon that is at the top of your page (left side). From there you can set you preferred zip code, then you should see your local news feed display correctly (Mine did). Hope this helps.

Update: It seems that the the info is lost when you log out and sign back in. A fix is still needed.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Could be more going on. I just checked the Comcast home page and the local NWS site for my location. Both are supposed to get the temp from the same geographic source locally.

There is a difference in readings.

So could it be the link to The Weather Channel; if the Comcast page uses that source, not updating all the time?

I know the local news link is for the nearest metro area to me so for me that is not useful.

Contributor
rupe6552

Will Not Take Zip Code

Immediately comes up 'zip code invalid' ???

Not getting local news and no weather icon or temp displayed.

Seems to be a common complaint recently. Why can't this be straightened out??

C'mon Man!

New Visitor

Why is the web page telling me my zip code is invalid all of a sudden?  It has never done it before and the USPS hasn't changed my zip code.

New Visitor

Re: Will Not Take Zip Code

Mine just started doing the same thing.  What is up with this and why has Comcast made their website so confusing that you can't get help correcting it? 

New Visitor

I am having the same problem - any info on how to fix?

New Visitor

I can tell you I just wasted about 15 minutes on Comcast Chat to have them tell me they don't know what the problem is and that they are working on it.  Is it just me or does Comcast seem to get to be more troublesome as each day goes by?

New Visitor

It is not just you.  I had a chat with a service rep and explained my problem 4 times.   Each time she asked me the same question.  Finally, she said,  "We show no problem".

So I guess if they say "no problem" and my problem is not fixed, then no problem means my problem is normal.

Email Expert
madylarian

Comcast is aware of the problem; see this thread.  And to avoid having multiple threads about the same thing I am locking this thread.

mady

Email Expert
madylarian

Comcast is aware of the problem; see this thread.  And to avoid having multiple threads about the same thing I am locking this thread.

mady

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Web Page

what web page are you referring to?  can you be more specific if you require assistance?

Email Expert
madylarian

Re: Web Page

mady

New Visitor
domenic12345

local news / zip code

still waiting for zip code 02122 in boston ma. to be found by comcast on their home page / local news. very slow + poor service

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Re: local news / zip code

Hi all,

Our team is currently working on this issue.

Once I learn more, I will update this thread.

Thank you to 

New Visitor

My zip code doesn't work either. I have tried zip code from neigboring towns and they dont work .

New Visitor
lumpyoats

Zip Code Request

My Xfinity home page is asking me to enter my zipcode so that I can read my Local News.  I enter my zipcode in the box and it tells me that it is not a valid zipcode.........tried a neighboring zip code......same response.  What gives?  I am sure that my zipcode is STILL VALID!  I want my Local News.  Help

New Visitor
13je

Re: Zip Code Request

I have been having the same problem for two weeks. I know my zip code - why doesn't Comcast?

Contributor

Thanks RaiderGame but that isn't the solution. The weather widget, for me, shows the correct zip and weather.

What doesn't work is the local news farther down the page and because it can't resolve the zip code it also does not display the correct TV programming info for my area.

New Visitor

Re: Zip Code Request

Have been having the same problem. My zip code is no longer valid! Too bad no one let the Post Office know. Been having multiple problems with Comcast. If they didn't have a monopoly in my neighborhood, I'd switch to someone else.

Contributor
rupe6552

[ Edited ]
  1. Zip code and local news issues seem to be resolved for me............for the time being. Still not able to get forecast or temp to display.
Regular Contributor

Experiencing same outcome in Pittsburgh.  Issue still not 100% resolved.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

brunman31 wrote:

Experiencing same outcome in Pittsburgh.  Issue still not 100% resolved.

What is your zip code? I will further look into this for you.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Regular Contributor

Joe,

15220 - The problem seems to be intermittent now.  Thanks for your help.

Contributor
rupe6552

Still not getting weather icon or temp to display.

How can I fix this?

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

brunman31 wrote:

Joe,

15220 - The problem seems to be intermittent now.  Thanks for your help.

I am looking at your zip code now and everything seems to be correct. Since you said the problem is intermittent, I will keep an eye on it.

rupe6552 wrote:

Still not getting weather icon or temp to display.

How can I fix this?

It has now moved to the left of the Search bar.
If it still does not work, try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.
Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe
Contributor
rupe6552

I do get the weather icon and temp displayed using Firefox, But not with IE.