Contributor
chuckadee

Local News Zip Changes

Why does my homepage continually insist on posting local news that IS NOT for my local zip code. I edit the zip and SAVE it.  It is becoming quite annoying.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Re: Local News Zip Changes

chuckadee wrote:

Why does my homepage continually insist on posting local news that IS NOT for my local zip code. I edit the zip and SAVE it.  It is becoming quite annoying.

What web browser are you using?

When is it resetting your zip code? After you close your browser? After you log out then log in? After you go to another page then come back to Xfinity.com?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Contributor
chuckadee

Pretty much all of the above. I have not had this problem in the past, and I haven't changed my "habits" signing in or going to different web pages. The Xfinity home page IS my home page, so you would think it would remember me each time I return through internet explorer.  For example, I closed my browser earlier today and just now returned to find ONCE AGAIN that the local news posted for 80210 in DENVER, while I had edited to reflect 80915.  It's a minor thing, but an annoyance that doesn't endear me to Xfinity internet.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

chuckadee wrote:

Pretty much all of the above. I have not had this problem in the past, and I haven't changed my "habits" signing in or going to different web pages. The Xfinity home page IS my home page, so you would think it would remember me each time I return through internet explorer.  For example, I closed my browser earlier today and just now returned to find ONCE AGAIN that the local news posted for 80210 in DENVER, while I had edited to reflect 80915.  It's a minor thing, but an annoyance that doesn't endear me to Xfinity internet.

Can you try another web browser and see if this behavior still occurs. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Visitor

I have the same problem.  Every time I restart Firefox it has the wrong, but nearby, zip code.  I edit it to the correct zip code (at local news) and it says the changes are saved, but they are not.  When I look at my profile, under Account & Bill I see it has the correct zip code.  My question is where do I tell it my zip code?

Visitor

I should have added it happens with IE also.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

wolmo wrote:

I have the same problem.  Every time I restart Firefox it has the wrong, but nearby, zip code.  I edit it to the correct zip code (at local news) and it says the changes are saved, but they are not.  When I look at my profile, under Account & Bill I see it has the correct zip code.  My question is where do I tell it my zip code?

Try clicking your weather near the top left of the homepage. In the dropdown, click the "Change Location" link and change your zip code there.

Let me know if it saves.

Thanks,
Joe

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

By me, it changes to the zip code of the 'super-head end' (Mt. Prospect) that serves where I live.

Visitor

That did it!  Thanks Joe.

New Visitor
wedgee

It only lasts till IE is started up again---really really annoying.  Why is this such a hard problem to correct.

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Hello,

Because that info is stored as a cookie. If you delete or clear your cookies it will automatically change it to the default.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

wedgee wrote:

It only lasts till IE is started up again---really really annoying.  Why is this such a hard problem to correct.

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe