Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Local weather and sign in

Hello,

When is comcast going to fix their homepage where the local weather and sign in graphs are showing right on top of one another and on the right side of that the picture does not aligned properly. This is happening on ie8 and firefox latest version. Comcast says they are aware of it but when if any are we going to see it fix.

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: Local weather and sign in

Hello,

So what is the story is comcast going to fix this issue?

Thanks

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

reasd wrote:

Hello,

When is comcast going to fix their homepage where the local weather and sign in graphs are showing right on top of one another and on the right side of that the picture does not aligned properly. This is happening on ie8 and firefox latest version. Comcast says they are aware of it but when if any are we going to see it fix.

I am sorry but I do not understand what issue you are referring to.

Can you post a link to the thread where we said we were aware of this issue? I am hoping that this help me understand what issue it is.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Email Expert
CCCarole

[ Edited ]

Here is referring to the left top side of the homepage.  However, I don't see the same problem on Internet Explorer 9 nor on Firefox 16.  Might be just some Users?

12345.JPG

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Bronze Problem Solver

I've got Firefox 16 and Internet Explorer 8, and I see it.  Regional problems, perhaps?

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Welcome_to_Post wrote:

I've got Firefox 16 and Internet Explorer 8, and I see it.  Regional problems, perhaps?

Can you post a screenshot so I can further investigate this issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Bronze Problem Solver

Here you go

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

ComcastJoe wrote:

reasd wrote:

Hello,

I am sorry but I do not understand what issue you are referring to.

Can you post a link to the thread where we said we were aware of this issue? I am hoping that this help me understand what issue it is.

Thanks,
Joe

Hello,

There is no link or thread where we said it. I sent you a pm 09-27-2012 06:39 AM and you were the one who said,"We are aware of it".

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

reasd wrote:

Hello,

There is no link or thread where we said it. I sent you a pm 09-27-2012 06:39 AM and you were the one who said,"We are aware of it".

I am not aware of this issue because I do not know what the issue is. In my PM I said:

I will follow up with the Connect team about the Preference tab.

As for the weather on the homepage, I reached out to you yesterday on a thread about it. Have you seen it yet?

Earlier in the thread I asked:

Can you post a link to the thread where we said we were aware of this issue? I am hoping that this help me understand what issue it is.

As for the weather being on top of the sign in box, this is how the homepage is set up. If you think the weather icon should be moved or enlarged than this is a feature request that I will pass along to our product team. I do not see any difference in CCarole or Welcome_to_Post screenshot. If there is one, please tell me.

Also, what do you mean when you said "the right side of that the picture does not aligned properly". Are you referring to the 5 day forecast that pops out or the story picture (in Welcome_to_Post screenshot it would be the picture of the woman being interviewed on the street)?

Thanks,
Joe

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

[ Edited ]

Hello,

If this is the way it is layed out then there is nothing that can be done. It would not be worth the time to request the product team to move it because it will never be done.

Thanks again

Bronze Problem Solver

ComcastJoe wrote:

As for the weather being on top of the sign in box, this is how the homepage is set up. If you think the weather icon should be moved or enlarged than this is a feature request that I will pass along to our product team. I do not see any difference in CCarole or Welcome_to_Post screenshot. If there is one, please tell me.

Thanks,
Joe

So, the sign in box is designed to cover the weather in some, but not all, browsers?  That's very curious;  I'd love to have an explanation of the benefits to customers (or Comcast, for that matter).

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Welcome_to_Post wrote:
So, the sign in box is designed to cover the weather in some, but not all, browsers?  That's very curious;  I'd love to have an explanation of the benefits to customers (or Comcast, for that matter).

In the picture you posted, the black sign in box is not covering the weather image. Are you referring to the 5 day forecast pop-up? Is that being covered?

Thanks,
Joe

Email Expert
CCCarole

This is what I see if I click on the temperature on the weather area:

Hpomepage and weather.jpg

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Bronze Problem Solver

[ Edited ]

ComcastJoe wrote:

Welcome_to_Post wrote:

In the picture you posted, the black sign in box is not covering the weather image. Are you referring to the 5 day forecast pop-up? Is that being covered?

Thanks,
Joe

Ummm....you might want to take another look at both Carole's and my images, because it most certainly is covering the image.

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Welcome_to_Post wrote:

ComcastJoe wrote:

Thanks,
Joe

Hello,

What browser are you using that does not show the sign in box designed to cover over the the weather? Your previous screen shot did not show up so can you post another screen shot from another browser that shows the sign in box not on top of the weather.

Thanks

Regular Problem Solver
BlueJay

Welcome_to_Post wrote:

Here you go

I have been trying to follow some threads..   Those I find most confusing are the ones with the symbol as shown above...

What exactly is being indicated by that symbol??  Does my machine have some sort of handicap?? 

What must I do to view these triangular images??

While I don't use any form of comcast's home page, I am interested in the happenings within these forums and comcast users..

ciao, b j:smileyconfused:

p.s.  using a New machine - Win 7 SP1 --  IE9  

Email Expert
CCCarole

BJ,

This triangle thing showing up has been reported to the Administrator already.  We have seen it in a number of different threads in addition to this one. 

Now to wait and find out what is causing it.....:smileysad:

CC

Regular Problem Solver
BlueJay

CC,

I don't know if you or anyone else remembers the Community Forums, but over there when an image was posted, something similar to that would show up until someone with authority could clear that image..

Is it a lithium thing, or a comcast thing??

Too many cooks stirring the pots with the programming changes.. 

We need a master chef.

And definitely some fresh spices..  After a period of time they do get stale..  As do some to the explanations given for the changes made to web pages.

CC, not faulting you or any of the other experts, you folks do your darnedest to make sense of the words from the "teams" responsible for the changes..  

Oh well, more rambling from an old lady..

ciao, bj

HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Email Expert
CCCarole

It could either be Lithium or it could be a setting for some Users that somehow got changed, not allowing them to post an image.  We won't know which (or both) until ComcastLarry posts answers to our questions about it.  When we do have an answer, we will post it.

Just for fun, can you see my image here?

Carole-th.jpg

Regular Problem Solver
BlueJay

Is it allowed to have a "just for fun" post?? :smileydevil:

And, yes, I can see the whole image, very small tho..  I have my page set for 125% and text at larger..

Just for the record, I haven't made any changes to computers.. 

It's not only not being allowed to post an image, it's also having a partial image being posted..

Thanks for answering..:smileyhappy:

ciao, bj

Email Expert
CCCarole

OFF TOPIC (sort of)

BJ,

If you'd like here is a larger image: This is my dog! :smileygrin:

Did it show up BJ?

Edison flower pix June 2005.jpg

Regular Problem Solver
BlueJay

CCCarole wrote:

OFF TOPIC (sort of)

BJ,

If you'd like here is a larger image: This is my dog! :smileygrin:

Did it show up BJ?

Edison flower pix June 2005.jpg

CC, I quoted hoping that you'll see what I see.  Your dog is not showing, just the top portion of the image, equivalent to two typed lines.  The rest is all grey.
This is what I'm seeing on all images being posted lately.. 

I don't understand and am hoping someone has a clue..  :smileyhappy:

ciao, bj

p.s. is the dog grey??  :smileywink: 

p.p.s.  whenever I do a spell check with your quoted posts, your name comes through as an error and the correct spelling is ESCAROLE, were you aware?  :smileylaugh:

Email Expert
CCCarole

CC, I quoted hoping that you'll see what I see.  Your dog is not showing, just the top portion of the image, equivalent to two typed lines.  The rest is all grey.
This is what I'm seeing on all images being posted lately.. 

I don't understand and am hoping someone has a clue..  :smileyhappy:

ciao, bj

p.s. is the dog grey??  :smileywink: 

p.p.s.  whenever I do a spell check with your quoted posts, your name comes through as an error and the correct spelling is ESCAROLE, were you aware?  :smileylaugh:

I see any image I post, but clearly images are not being inserted into the posts for gosh knows why reason. If you insert ay image into a post you make, I bet you see the image YOU posted when you view the post, right? My first guess is Lithium (:smileycry::smileydevil:)

I am sure you know my opinion of it?  LOL!

BJ, I am not surprised, for most of my life my name is rarely spelled correctly, in addition, I have been called CA-ROLL-EEE more times than I can count too. God bless my dear Mom who wanted my name to be 'different'... she succeeded and I love the spelling of my name. 

My dog is not gray... He is shades of pale beige, dark gray only around his face & ears, and a yellow tan color mixed with light beige.  He is a Shih Tzu.

Take care,

CC

Silver Problem Solver
BruceW

[ Edited ]

Welcome_to_Post wrote: ... Ummm....you might want to take another look at both Carole's and my images, because it most certainly is covering the image.

Weird. When this was first posted, I could see CCCarole's images, but not yours. Today I can see both???

Anyway, my guess is that you and Joe are both right! You're right because it looks as though the weather graphic is (mostly) covered, and Joe is right because the graphic is only about 1/4" tall (to be exact, the one on my home page at the moment is 31 pixels high: http://por-chr.cimcontent.net/layout/images/rev/41053/components/weather/icons/large/83x31/28.png).

The fact that there's no separation between the weather graphic (tiny) and the black box (huge) adds to the illusion.

Email Expert
CCCarole

In my opinion, the sign in black box SHOULD be smaller, and should NOT cover up so much of the weather information.  This shouldn't be a hard fix... OR move the weather information somewhere on the left side further down.

Carole

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

[ Edited ]

Hello Comcastjoe,

As cccarrol has mentioned on her posted 11-05-2012 01:26 PM - edited 11-05-2012 01:27 PM that she does not see the same issue with ie9 and firefox 16 which is now 17.0.1. Since there is inconsistency good this be a regional problem.

Thank you