Bronze Star Contributor

My Comcast.com

I have used  My Comcast.com and am really happy with being able to choose "MY" topics and their locations in the homepage.  Now as of 09/27/11 this feature is going away, and we will be directed to Xfinity.com according to the message.

Question:  Is there plans to allow us to have a new "MY" page, and what does customers will be directed to Xfinity. Com really mean?

Mick 7

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: My Comcast.com

mick7 wrote:

I have used  My Comcast.com and am really happy with being able to choose "MY" topics and their locations in the homepage.  Now as of 09/27/11 this feature is going away, and we will be directed to Xfinity.com according to the message.

Question:  Is there plans to allow us to have a new "MY" page, and what does customers will be directed to Xfinity. Com really mean?

Mick 7

Hi Mick,

We haven't heard anything abpout a replacement.  MyComcast was never actually released from Beta testing.  Xfinity.com is the Comcast homepage. 

See this Thread for suggestions of a replacement you might want to try.

CC

LINK

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
Beingrippedoff

CCCarole wrote:

mick7 wrote:

Mick 7

Hi Mick,

We haven't heard anything abpout a replacement.  MyComcast was never actually released from Beta testing.  Xfinity.com is the Comcast homepage. 

See this Thread for suggestions of a replacement you might want to try.

CC

LINK

Might want to check your facts as you are completely wrong.  I believe my homepage used to be www.xfinity.comcast.net/mycomcast or something like that and we could customize the content on the page to suit ourselves instead of the junk Xfinity wants us to see.  If you are from "CC," assuming that means Comcast you should know that.

I am looking at Google or Yahoo for a homepage because with the current options from Xfinity I always go immediatly to another site anyway.

Your commercials talk about Customer Service, someone wake up and start offering us what we, the "Customer" wants.

Chuck

Email Expert
madylarian

Beingrippedoff wrote:

Might want to check your facts as you are completely wrong.  I believe my homepage used to be www.xfinity.comcast.net/mycomcast or something like that and we could customize the content on the page to suit ourselves instead of the junk Xfinity wants us to see.  If you are from "CC," assuming that means Comcast you should know that.

I am looking at Google or Yahoo for a homepage because with the current options from Xfinity I always go immediatly to another site anyway.

I'm afraid that you are incorrect.  Comcast.net has been around much, much longer and has always been considered Comcast's home page.  The MyComcast page was offered for a few years but Comcast decided to stop doing so.  On the other it's never really been necessary to have it as one's home page.  Personally, I have never liked it and what you see now has changed quite a bit over the years.  Myself, I have always had a blank page as my home page.  It loads quickly and I have links on a toolbar on my browser for those places I go most often.

And btw, neither Carole nor I work for Comcast.  We are paying customers just like you.  Comcast employees have their usernames in red.

I've seen a number of people threaten to go to another ISP over this.  Personally, I find that pretty silly.  Before anyone does that they might want to check out the competition's "home page".  Just for the heck of it I looked at verizon.net, Verizon's home page.  Let's see, I saw lots of ads for TV, a story about stars insuring their body parts and another offering greatest hockey fights.  Wow, heady stuff.

mady

Honi soit qui mal y pense