Contributor

Please add Fox News Online

[ Edited ]

On the new Comcast home page, how do I remove CNN from "Always On" and replace it with FoxNews (my preference). Please tell me I have a "choice" and that Comcast is NOT pushing CNN down my throat.

Official Employee
ComcastEric

Re: I like having a choice!

FOXNews does not currently have a live feed that we can offer on the site.  We're working to bring more and more live streaming choices to our site though so there's a chance you'll see it in the future, along with other great live streaming options that you might be interested in.

Eric

New Visitor
sandhog88

online tv availability

Where's FoxNews on your online tv availability? 30 seconds of CNN is more than enough...please add a REAL news program to your online viewing

New Visitor
sandhog88

Where is the choice? Lets have a news station that is watched by more people...FoxNews!

Contributor

I agree....I like having a choice but there is none. That's the point and essence of my complaint. I should have better titled the subject "I want a choice!"

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

ComcastEric wrote:

FOXNews does not currently have a live feed that we can offer on the site.  We're working to bring more and more live streaming choices to our site though so there's a chance you'll see it in the future, along with other great live streaming options that you might be interested in.

Eric

If Fox News doesn't have it to provide there is nothing Comcast or anyone else can do. In this case you can let Fox know that this is something you would like to have.

There is an alternative. See what is available  on the Fox News website.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Visitor
dadavie

live news channels on line

you have CNN-HLN,,how about trying to get FOX?

Bronze Problem Solver
DoubleG

Re: live news channels on line

How about a real news station ABC.com....

New Visitor
The_Gunslinger

Re: add to fox news and fox business news

They won't. They have had plenty of time and if you look at the providers on there now there is 23 providers now. But the only one left not there is Comcast. Customer service has always lacked and this is another example of why in Nashville we are on needles for Charter to hurry up and get here.
Contributor

Re: online tv availability

I would also like Comcast to add Fox News to online availability

New Visitor
tomwarrenville

Re: Please add Fox News Online

How about Comccast giving us the ability to watch fox news on http://watch.foxnews.com/? You choose your provider from a list which currently does not include Comcast. So, Comcast, it seems the ball is in your court to enable this serviice. Please help.

New Visitor
wammie22

Thank You we need both sides of the story,  It's about time someone spoke up!!!!

Contributor

My earlier comment about Comcast not offering Fox News online has been removed.  Strange....since I verified it was there earlier...

Comcast certainly has the ability of offer Fox News Online but has chosen not to for whatever reasons.  Fox News online is offered by more than 20 other service providers however.  The ball is in Comcast's court.

Official Employee
ComcastEric

Hi all, Fox and ABC news clips are currently available on Xfinity.com:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/video/news/

Live streams for those networks are not available at this time though.  We're continuing to work to bring more live streaming networks to our site and you'll see more added in the coming months. 

Eric

Recognized Contributor

This is exactly the conflict of interest issue that Comcast left themselves open to when they bought NBC. The FCC should have reviewed this more thoroughly. If Fox and Comcast had merged, there would be complaints from the other side, but at least we don't have to worry about Fox hacking our email!

Contributor

Fyi fox news channel DOES have a live stream link on their website... every provider is on there except Comcast. Here is the website: http://watch.foxnews.com/

Get with the program NOW!!!!
Visitor
napvan

If you go to Foxnews.com at the top of there home page there is a little key sending you to a live feed on cable. If you click on it it will take you to your internet provider. Comcast is not on the list. Why is that? FOX news is providing a live link for cable providers. Maybe you can check that out.  Fox  News is the highest watched cable News on cable. CNN is the least watched. It would be awesome if you can work to get it on the home page soon.

Thank you,

Napvan

Visitor
Daniel1313

Hey Comcast\Xfinity time to get on board and add your Authentication plug-in with Fox News.

You're focus on Customer Service, you would think you could get this handled in a very short time frame.

I like to have choices in my viewing and not dictated by others.

Contributor

Do you have an estimated date of delivery for online FOX News?  I do not need/want any other online channel.  Please add FOX News as soon as possible.  Many others are waiting for this channel to be offered as well.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

mcritter wrote:

Do you have an estimated date of delivery for online FOX News?  I do not need/want any other online channel.  Please add FOX News as soon as possible.  Many others are waiting for this channel to be offered as well.

I am sorry but there is no timetable or launch date set for any additional live channels at this time. I will update this thread when we know more.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Visitor

Yes,  please add FOX News to your options.  They are one of the few news networks that I trust.  The rest are way to left for me.

New Visitor
bchucoski

What can't we get Fox News Online as a Comcast Customer?  There are many other cable providers that can get access.  Why not us?  Thank you.

New Visitor
bchucoski

What about now?  Fox News has online relationships with many other vendors including Direct TV and Time Warner.  Why not us?

Contributor

I spoke with someone from Comcast a week ago... they said that they were still "in negotiation" with Fox News about becoming a listed provider. I don't see what there is to negotiate
Contributor

Comcast has chosen not to offer Fox News Online at this time and does not have a timeline for adding this channel.  Many other cable companies do offer Fox online.  Fox News maintains a list....Comcast is not on that list.  I'm sure this comment will disappear like 3 of my other comments have.  Comcast does not want it's subscribers to know that they have chosen not to offer Fox.  So read this fast before it's gone....poof!

New Visitor

I'm not sure what you mean when you say Foc News doesn't offer a live stream at the moment; live streaming is right on their website but you must sign in with a subscription t0 a provider. Several are listed, including your competitor Direct TV. So, the question is why aren't you,Comcast, on that list?

Contributor

IF YOU GUYS WANT A RESPONSE FROM COMCAST, CONTACT THE BBB (better business bureau). SOMEONE FROM COMCAST SHOULD CALL YOU AFTER YOU MAKE A CLAIM. FYI FOR ALL COMCAST ADMIN ON THIS SITE... this is the web address everyone is talking about: http://watch.foxnews.com/ and when you click sign in, all providers EXCEPT COMCAST are on there! i cant wait for at&t uverse!!
Official Employee
ComcastEric

Yes, you are correct that Fox News does have a live stream available on that site.  We are not able to make that available to our customers at this time though.  I don't have any information I can share at this time though as to if we'll be able to make that available and when.  We're continuing to work with all of our partners to bring as many live streaming options as possible to our customers as quickly as possible.  In the meantime, you can see all of our live streaming options and stay update on future additions on this page:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/watch-live-tv/

Eric

Contributor

But the issue is WHY wont comcast put themselves on that list for the most watched network for news????? It cant have anything to do with the fact comcast owns nbc and also msnbc I'm sure, right???? I know for a fact that there is no negotiating with Fox News going on to have comcast on the provider list... So why are you lying??? As a paying customer along with the others who are so angry over comcasts clear media bias, we have the right to know why!
Contributor

The answer to all your questions is.....Comcast (as 95% of the media) cherishes their backward liberal views.

New Visitor
jwf_69

[ Edited ]

I don't care about anyones else's political views. I like Fox News Channel.  Please add it to the online streaming channels.  Is there somewhere else we should be posting requests?  If there is enough people requesting it, they will likely add it.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Hi all,

This thread is just a request for a live video stream of the Fox News Channel to be added online.

This is a Help & Support forum and not a political forum or a place to discuss the content and the views of this particular channel. Please use another venue to express any political opinions.

If more posts come in about the content of this channel or about political views, I will be forced to lock and delete this thread. 

As stated before, we will update this thread when we have any new information to pass along.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Joe

New Visitor
Drgray7

So, for over three months... And that's just this single thread... You have clear demand for the inclusion of Fox News on your available streaming content. At first, the excuse was that "Fox doesn't offer streaming content." Not only was that patently false, but it was ridiculous to attempt to offer that as an excuse to users savvy enough to search for a forum where they could reasonably request to have Fox streaming offered. Clearly, they are capable of searching and discovering that Fox offers live streaming, and that the majority of your competitors include it with their subscription.

The question remains, WHEN will Comcast sign the contract for the rights to provide streaming content? And, how many customers must you blow off or lose before you relent?

New Visitor
JohnKrueger

Fox News Channel

I would like to see Fox News Channel on the Xfinity Online TV (Live) and Xfinity TV Mobil App.  Fox news is the most popular cable new channel.  You carry CNN but far more people watch Fox News, as a service to your customers I request you add FNC to your app and online Tv live.

Thank you.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

[ Edited ]

This user did not follow the rules of this particular thread that have been posted.

Contributor

I have returned one digital hd box and will save over $20 a month in response to Comcast's refusal to carry Fox News Online.  I will carefully consider whether or not to continue to pay for the other digital hd box i have over the next few weeks.  Thank you.

New Visitor
Sammy1025

I too would like to have access to Fox News streaming and the website or Fox News App list 20 some carriers but I didn't see Comcast.  They state that if your service provider isn't listed that we should ask.  I would appreciate as I am sure many others would prefer options for streaming content to make the most of our Comcast accounts! Hope this helps bring Comcast closer to offering this choice!

New Visitor
Sammy1025

And administrator Joe, I have found it difficult to navigate your website and under contact it recommends joining this forum.   I apologize if I posted here erroneously however since I am asking for help I am hoping you can point me and others in the right direction.  As paying customers of Comcast, which I also provide in all 5 of my offices since I am a physician, I hope to find a way to make the best of your programming and the money I invested in providing my family and my patients with your services.   I thank you in advance for any information you can provide!

Contributor

Below you will see the image showing all your competitors, including DirectTV, making this available to their customers. What we would like to know is WHY it is not available to Comcast customers yet... especially given FNC is THE highest rated news network. Seems very biased especially since you own NBC and we can watch MSNBC just fine... we need some disclosure and to know where you are on this contract. This is our right as customers. I have spoken to people who work at Fox News and they say that Comcast is who is holding this whole thing up. So why???????????

fnc.nocomcast.JPG

Email Expert
CCCarole
Contributor

what was moved? when i click on the link you provide... i can't access it. looks like some more comcast b.s.
Official Employee
ComcastJoe

ELD41 wrote:
what was moved? when i click on the link you provide... i can't access it. looks like some more comcast b.s.

Please read my post from earlier about the rules of this thread. This thread is only for the request of the Fox News Channel. Any posts with any personal commentary will be removed and this thread will be locked. 

We have already removed a few posts. These posts have been from different political parties also.

Thanks,
Joe

Contributor

that's fine... I dont mind reposting the picture showing Comcast NOT listed as a provider and your biggest competitor, DirectTV, as a provider. i have heard from people who work at Fox News that Comcast is holding up the whole process. I cant think of a good reason why Comcast would refuse access to the Most Watched cable news channel. so.... after several months of the run around.... whats your reason for not being on this list? i deserve the truth!fnc.nocomcast.JPG

Visitor
C-Olsen

Hi Comcast,
Please add online viewing for Fox News. Many other area cable providers already offer this service.
New Visitor
dfkpa

No Fox News or Fox Business via Internet

Why can't I connect to Fox News or Fox Business Channel via the internet? I can connect to CNN but not those two broadcasts.

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

Re: No Fox News or Fox Business via Internet

Connect how? I have no problems with www.foxnews.com or www.foxbusiness.com.

There was a bizarre bug last night where many sites became inaccessible if you used a Facebook login to them due to a bug at Facebook.

New Visitor
rspires

Foxnews does have a live feed for Comcast.  They are waiting for Comcast to approve it.  However, the real question is:  why is Comcast not allowing Foxnews on?  The answer is found on what was constantly being advertise in the last election.

Recognized Contributor

I imagine it is all about the $$$$. Fox probably wants big bucks for allowing the feed, and Comcast is reluctant.

New Visitor
ricoman51

Fox News Stream

Why isn't comcast listed as a provider on the fox news streaming online website?

Visitor

Why is Comcast exercising censorship?

I watch the Fox News Channel. I do not watch the CNN channel. I am a paying customer. Why can't I watch the channel of my choosing? I am not in a Canadian hotel, I am in my own home in the USA. You are supposed to be providing access, not playing your favorites. CNN ESPN and the Disney Channel provides zero content in my taste category.

And I agree with the person asking for easy access to email. I am the paying customer. I don't want to run the gamut of your superficial mind numbing trashy tabloid gossipy soap opera videos and about "stars", and what attention- deprived people have done to their pets to get their undeserved 5 minutes of fame at their animal's expense.

When did it go out of fashion to give the customer what the customer is paying for?

Or are you just practicing mind control for when mind control becomes de jure?

Maybe it is time for me to check out the competition while there still is competition.