New Visitor
RLPmail

Political bias

Over the past week each time I acquire Xfinity there are elaborate messages for both Obama and Elizabeth Warren prompting exposure to these specific political figures.  I have found no such pictorial/narrative subject matter for either Scott Brown or Mitt Romney.  I would ask if Comcast reply to my question just to offer some explanation as to why the service would hallmark Obama/Warren but not Brown/Romney.

Seems that this is blatant bias on behalf of Comcast.  Maybe I'm dead wrong with my thoughts but I leave the ball in your court to respond to me and offer your explanation for this omission.

Thank you,

R.L. Palmer

Comcast Customer for many years.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Political bias

With a big banner at the top of the page saying "Vote for Barack Obama Tomorrow", the excuse that there's no bias is really wearing thin.  But expect to see this thread locked.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Re: Political bias

RLPmail wrote:

Over the past week each time I acquire Xfinity there are elaborate messages for both Obama and Elizabeth Warren prompting exposure to these specific political figures.  I have found no such pictorial/narrative subject matter for either Scott Brown or Mitt Romney.  I would ask if Comcast reply to my question just to offer some explanation as to why the service would hallmark Obama/Warren but not Brown/Romney.

Seems that this is blatant bias on behalf of Comcast.  Maybe I'm dead wrong with my thoughts but I leave the ball in your court to respond to me and offer your explanation for this omission.

Thank you,

R.L. Palmer

Comcast Customer for many years.

Comcast delivers paid advertisements from many sources that represent a wide range of viewpoints.  With respect to candidate advertisements, the amount of advertising distributed for a particular candidate is determined by the candidate.  Comcast maintains an objective position and will neither accept nor reject ads based on agreement or disagreement with the advertiser's viewpoint.

Since this is a Help & Support forum and not a political forum, I am locking this issue.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe