Reply
New Visitor
THEPAPA1
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎12-01-2012

Roll over ads

Your rollover ads are very irritating. I certainly will not buy any of the products or deal with those businesses.  When are you going to stop this action.  OR MAYBE I WILL CHANGE!!!

New Visitor
tcg629
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎12-01-2012

Roll over ads

Knock it off with the roll over ads already. Fricken annoying !!!!

Security Expert
CajunTek
Posts: 20,942
Registered: ‎10-07-2003

Re: Roll over ads

Who will you change to? I know for a fact that ATT, Charter, and Roadrunner all have rollover ads on their homepages.

TANSTAAFL!!



Bronze Problem Solver
Paraniod
Posts: 1,570
Registered: ‎06-15-2009

Re: Roll over ads

If you have internet explorer 9 or Firefox, you can block them yourself...
Official Employee
ComcastEric
Posts: 573
Registered: ‎06-29-2011

Re: Roll over ads

All rollover ads should comply with Internet Advertising Board guidelines, which require a 1 second pause before the ad expands.  We have preventative measures in place to ensure that no ads are published that don't meet that requirement.  If you see an ad that does not comply with that guideline, please post the specific advertiser so we can investigate and remove or correct the ad.

 

thanks,

Eric

New Visitor
mamax10
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎12-05-2012

ROLLOVER ADS!

COMCAST - THE ROLLOVER ADS UNDER THE SEARCH BAR ARE IN THE WAY AND NEED TO BE REMOVED NOW!  REMEMBER WE PAY YOU FOR YOUR SERVICES AND CAN ALWAYS CHANGE OUR MINDS!

Contributor
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎02-21-2007

Re: Roll over ads

what really sucks is the stupid roll overs and the infinity logo take up about 1/3 of the home page, these people run the worst web site I've ever seen

Email Expert
CCCarole
Posts: 28,303
Registered: ‎05-21-2006

Re: ROLLOVER ADS!


mamax10 wrote:

COMCAST - THE ROLLOVER ADS UNDER THE SEARCH BAR ARE IN THE WAY AND NEED TO BE REMOVED NOW!  REMEMBER WE PAY YOU FOR YOUR SERVICES AND CAN ALWAYS CHANGE OUR MINDS!


A Moderator posted to you in another thread:

 

"maxmax, this was an issue only affecting Internet Explorer users and is being addressed so it doesn't happen again the next time we run an ad like the one that ran yesterday."



Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.




New Visitor
MasterDJ
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎12-06-2012

Re: ROLLOVER ADS!

Interesting comment...It seems like I wait longer for email now.  Could it be time for all the advertising to load?  I guess this is more acceptable for a free service provider, like Netzero, or ?

...hmmm!

New Visitor
nnsns
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎12-07-2012

disgusted by ads

I can no longer keep your xfinity website as my home page. The roll over ads were annoying. The sexually explicit ads for girls are demeaning, insulting and completely inappropriate for a family based home page. The administrative members who allowed such advertising should be fired for allowing such sick and twisted representation of "local girls".

Official Employee
ComcastJoe
Posts: 6,876
Registered: ‎08-11-2011

Re: disgusted by ads


nnsns wrote:

I can no longer keep your xfinity website as my home page. The roll over ads were annoying. The sexually explicit ads for girls are demeaning, insulting and completely inappropriate for a family based home page. The administrative members who allowed such advertising should be fired for allowing such sick and twisted representation of "local girls".


Can you please give us your zip code so I can further look into the content of these ads.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Bronze Problem Solver
UHFhd
Posts: 1,571
Registered: ‎03-06-2011

Re: disgusted by ads

[ Edited ]

                                                      www.Google.com nice clean home webpage .

 

 

 

        And when on forums.comcast.com page this program works well http://www.ghostery.com/

Service Expert
Queen-Evie
Posts: 13,679
Registered: ‎02-04-2004

Re: Roll over ads


ComcastEric wrote:

All rollover ads should comply with Internet Advertising Board guidelines, which require a 1 second pause before the ad expands.  We have preventative measures in place to ensure that no ads are published that don't meet that requirement.  If you see an ad that does not comply with that guideline, please post the specific advertiser so we can investigate and remove or correct the ad.

 

thanks,

Eric



1 second is not enough time to get your cursor off the ad. Besides that, even if you could get the cursor off the ad within that time would it still open?



 


Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Official Employee
ComcastEric
Posts: 573
Registered: ‎06-29-2011

Re: Roll over ads

Most rollover ads on Xfinity.com actually have a visible 3 second countdown and will not open as long as you move your cursor during that time.

Silver Problem Solver
BruceW
Posts: 5,271
Registered: ‎12-03-2007

Re: Roll over ads


CajunTek wrote: ... I know for a fact that ATT, Charter, and Roadrunner all have rollover ads on their homepages.

"Everyone's doing it" is not now, never has been, and never will be justification for anything.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe
Posts: 6,876
Registered: ‎08-11-2011

Re: Roll over ads

[ Edited ]
Security Expert
CajunTek
Posts: 20,942
Registered: ‎10-07-2003

Re: Roll over ads


BruceW wrote:

CajunTek wrote: ... I know for a fact that ATT, Charter, and Roadrunner all have rollover ads on their homepages.

"Everyone's doing it" is not now, never has been, and never will be justification for anything.


Ahh Bruce, I never said it was a justification. I just said that all the ISPs do it. It's why I use dslreports and these forums as home pages.. No ads..

TANSTAAFL!!