Contributor

Search engine troubles

How come when I use the Search Engine ( Google) I can only display the first 2 pages aftewr that page 2 is always displayed?

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Search engine troubles

your going to have to post that a different way as that makes no sense how you posted it.   search engines have nothing to do with comcast they just provide you internet access nothing more.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

rog286713 wrote:

your going to have to post that a different way as that makes no sense how you posted it.   search engines have nothing to do with comcast they just provide you internet access nothing more.

We do also help with NON-Comcast issues.  To suggest otherwise is incorrect.

904svo, your post makes sense. I take it that you are saying that when looking at the results of Google search you cannot get past page 2.

The only thing I can think of is to ask if you have cleared your cache? If not, please do so and see if that resolves your issue.

As an alternative you can try a different search engine. My search engine is this one which returns results from google, yahoo and more. (This is also my homepage)

If you need to know how to clear the cache post back and tell us which browser you are using.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Contributor

Clearing the cache did not fix the proiblem. Any other search engine works fine.

Contributor

If I goto goggle.com it works fine, it only seems to fail when I use my Comcast home page with Goggle search engine.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

I tried it from the Comcast homepage and had no issues getting past page 2. The only thing I can suggest is don't use it from the homepage.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Someone else reported the same issue today-no solution in this thread

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Xfinity-com-Website/website-search/td-p/1570255

Contributor

I install Xfinity toolbar and that fix it.

Recognized Contributor

I do not recommend using Comcast toolbar. It generally causes nothing but problems and what it has you can get elsewhere on the homepage without it. Even a Comcast tech told me not to use it. Most toolbars are nothing but problems waiting to happen.

Contributor

I think the problem is link to Constant Guard or Safe Browsing feature that Xfinity uses.

Security Expert
CajunTek

Evie, I think he is talking about the google search that is on the comcast.net page not standard google. I can duplicate what he sees if I use the xfinity search enhanced by google that is on the comcast.net page.

TANSTAAFL!!