New Visitor
senyax

Subject matter and presentation

Why can't you just put some news up on your xfinity screen, instead of what looks like the front page of the national enquirer? Just put some articles up there WITHOUT slide shows or video clips or animations, just (gasp) plain old text!! And howsabout some more interesting subject matter--- I just can't stomach any more celebrity gossip or cute kids or diet advice. You know, there are still a significant number of us left who are literate, despite your ongoing efforts.

And while we're on the subject, or close to the subject, can't you hire a proofreader or copy editor? Someone who knows the difference between "principle" and "principal," "effect" and "affect," and "gluttonous" and "glutinous." I'm available, for a low hourly fee...

Recognized Contributor

Re: Subject matter and presentation

[ Edited ]

Ok let me reiterate the responses I have read from Comcast in the past on this. They claim since they are feeds from some other source besides Comcast they can't be responsible for it's content or proof reading. Also, they try to appeal to the most people and apparently most people like that format. For myself, I agree with you and personally I think the response is just a cop out.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

senyax wrote:

Why can't you just put some news up on your xfinity screen, instead of what looks like the front page of the national enquirer?

I've made this statement many times in the forum: The Comcast homepage is an online version of a bad supermarket tabloid.

Every once in while they make changes to "improve" the page. You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig.

I have never used it for my homepage. I never will. I rarely look at it.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Recognized Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I open the homepage I only go directly to the news link and click on that and ignore everything else.  I also click on the different news sources when I open the news link so I got an across the board representation of the news, not just NBC version.

LIke Reuters, AP, etc.