Visitor

TV schedule

How about getting your TV schedule in sync with the scheduled time of showing.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: TV schedule

do you have your zip code set properly???

Visitor

Yes, zip code is set, but the scheduled showing time is off by hours.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

keicher4 wrote:

Yes, zip code is set, but the scheduled showing time is off by hours.

What is your zip code and service area?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Visitor

Zip is 46774, in New Haven, IN.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

keicher4 wrote:

Zip is 46774, in New Haven, IN.

Click the Change Location link on the TV Listings page and manually change your timezone and then try again.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Contributor

Re: TV schedule Channel 44

Channel 44, Oxygen, does not play the shows that you are putting into the schedule, and they also play at the wrong times.  Yes, I have my zip code and time frame set properly.

this is not just today.  It is all the time.

Contributor

Today,  I logged into Comcast and went to the TV Listings.  It did not know my location or my Favorites as it normally does.  I tried online chat twice, both times got disconnected after an hour each talking to foreigners that really don't understand what I am telling them; they keep asking stupid questions, and they take about four minutes to respond to each of my inputs.

I tried phone support, twice.  Disconnected both times, the second time after being passed to four different people.   This is the quality of service I received.  Today was worse than any other time, but other times have been pretty bad, too.  I think Comcast does not care about its reputation in customer support.

BAck to the TV Listing issue.  I tried to plug in my own zip code, and then tried to set my Favorites again.  On the first try, it flashed a window that said "There was a problem saving your preferences."

I need this fixed quickly, please.  I have been close to three hours with Comcast lousy support over this simple issue.  Teach your support people to 1) know what the TV schedule is, 2) how to provide support for it, and 3) not to do things that slow down the process of fixing my issue, like making silly comments about how they are happy to provide me with excellent support today.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

davyboy

Try it again. I had the same issue earlier today and didn't finish setting up my Favorites. I just set them up a few minutes ago and that error message did not pop up this time.

Even if it does I have found out in the past that it will save the Favorites anyway. This has happened before.

Contributor

but do you know why it messes up like that in the first place?

I shut down my open Comcast site and opened a new one.  When I logged in, it instantly had the right location and knew my new Favoriites.  Something must be wrong with the Comcast website.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Just a guess but some background maintenance on the site wiped all the settings.

Other times clearing the cache/temporary Internet files helps on some things. There have been some glitches with that site since they implemented the Homepass feature.