Visitor

The ad of death

There is an ad I keep getting from a (Shehey Lexus dealer) that keeps the rest of the page (no mater what it is) from loading. I often have to reload the page several times before the ad changes and I can see the rest of the page. 

This is the only way I could find to report a bug like this. if there is a better way, let me know. 

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Re: The ad of death

bob.demajistre wrote:

There is an ad I keep getting from a (Shehey Lexus dealer) that keeps the rest of the page (no mater what it is) from loading. I often have to reload the page several times before the ad changes and I can see the rest of the page. 

This is the only way I could find to report a bug like this. if there is a better way, let me know. 

Please tell me your zip code and please provide a screenshot if possible.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Visitor

My zip code is 21146. I'm not smart enough to embed a screen shot in the forum, and I can't find your email address on your profile page (and I don't have a twitter account). I'll gladly send a screenshot if you tell me how (I have the shot in a tiff). The ad is for 

Sheehy Lexus of Annapolis

So this is the correct place to report stuff like this? It seems like a pretty clunky way to do bug reporting.

Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

Try this:

1. Save the image to your desktop.

2. Blank out any userids, email addresses, and any other personal information in the image.

3. Open http://imgur.com/ in a new browser window or tab.

4. Drag and drop the image file onto the Imgur browser window or tab.

5. Click "Start Upload".

6. When the upload completes, copy the web address of the uploaded image and paste it into a new message.

Visitor

Thanks very much for the tip. Under most circumstances I would gladly use this workaround to get a screen shot to tech support. However, I'm really not to keen to re-post comcasts ads on a free image server.  I don't really want to reward comcast and the advertiser with free exposure. With my zip code and the name of the advertiser they should be able to track down the correct ad.

Bruce, I don't intend any offense to you. I'm glad that this forum has helpful contributors like you. Thanks again.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

bob.demajistre wrote:

Thanks very much for the tip. Under most circumstances I would gladly use this workaround to get a screen shot to tech support. However, I'm really not to keen to re-post comcasts ads on a free image server.  I don't really want to reward comcast and the advertiser with free exposure. With my zip code and the name of the advertiser they should be able to track down the correct ad.

Bruce, I don't intend any offense to you. I'm glad that this forum has helpful contributors like you. Thanks again.

The appropiate team has been alerted about this issue and are looking into it now. Once I learn more, I will update this thread.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe