Contributor

Unable to view modem/usage info?

Is anyone else experiencing a problem with this? When I go to the my services page it just says "loading your account information" and has a spinning circle under my equipment. Never seen this before and it was working fine a few days ago. I tried restarting everything and a different browser aswell and didn't help. perhaps its an issue on comcasts end? Its not a huge deal but I just like being able to view it! :smileyhappy:

New Visitor
MRDIY

Re: Unable to view modem/usage info?

If you're trying to view your Internet usage data on your account and is unable to do so then you're not the only one. Everybody shall experience the same because Comcast has currently suspended the Date USage Meter. It's no longer be viewable bec. Comcast is working on expanding the data usage limit from 250GB to 300GB.

That means good news to all Comcast internet users.

Contributor

Well I knew that the cap of 250gb was currently suspended. My meter has still been showing up though. I have not had any issues viewing it until a couple of days ago. Are they implementing the 300gb cap this month then?

Bronze Problem Solver
Paraniod

The spinning circle in the equipment box is new, although I still see my meter. You could always call in and see what they have to say.....

"For the customers not able to view there usage meter please contact Comcast Customer Security Assurance at (877) 807-6581"

Contributor
Joesh

May I ask where are you seeing your meter at?

I go to Services Tab and look under Equipment normally to view it. Doing that now results in a spinning wheel saying "Loading your account information..."

Bronze Problem Solver
Paraniod

Joesh wrote:

May I ask where are you seeing your meter at?

I go to Services Tab and look under Equipment normally to view it. Doing that now results in a spinning wheel saying "Loading your account information..."

Yeah, same place as you. After a second or two with the spinning wheel in the equipment box, the equipment and meter show up.

It's not vital, as it is suspended of course, but I have recently added a few more devices and want to keep an eye on them...

Contributor
Joesh

I see. Well for me the wheel just keeps spending. I just wanted to make sure I kept my usage under 1000GB, I didn't want any red flags going up on my account or something. Last month I hit exactly 1000GB and the data usage bar filled up so I got a bit scared and unplugged the last day of the month.

Bronze Problem Solver
Paraniod

:smileylaugh: I see, well when they do bring it back, perhaps you may be able to tone it down a bit....Or it will cost you....!

Worth a call to the number posted above, during normal business hours to see where the meter has gone...

Contributor
Joesh

What happens if you use too much bandwidth? I have never got a notification for excessive use before.

Regular Problem Solver
DoubleG

Repeated excessive use can get you suspended and even disconnected for a period of time set by Comcast.

Contributor
Joesh

In those extreme cases will Comcast give you a warning to reduce usage before they take action?

Bronze Problem Solver
Paraniod

With the old system, I believe they did issue a warning. It was a "soft" limit so only repeated excessive users would be suspended for a year.

With the new limit, whatever they decide on, they are planning to charge $10 for every 50 GB over. So we will see when they bring the limit back. However, 1000GB is a bit extreme...