Reply
Contributor
surfettekw
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎04-02-2012

Video on comcast.net not loading... just white space

Last week my xfinity.comcast.net pages stopped loading the videos - I just get blank white space.  So for instance the first screen where the Headlines scroll past with pictures... I now just get white space... i can see the text to the page just no video.  HELP

Official Employee
ComcastJoe
Posts: 6,876
Registered: ‎08-11-2011

Re: Video on comcast.net not loading... just white space

[ Edited ]

surfettekw wrote:

Last week my xfinity.comcast.net pages stopped loading the videos - I just get blank white space.  So for instance the first screen where the Headlines scroll past with pictures... I now just get white space... i can see the text to the page just no video.  HELP


Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

 

Also, what videos are you trying to watch?

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Contributor
surfettekw
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎04-02-2012

Re: Video on comcast.net not loading... just white space

I get identical response on Firefox - it is not a specific to one video but the site all together for example: if I go to : http://xfinity.comcast.net/video/ben-gals-cheerleader-controversy-grows/2218064391/Comcast/221716662... I can see all the link text to the right of the screen but the area where the pictures/videos directly under the Featured Videos is nothing but blank.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe
Posts: 6,876
Registered: ‎08-11-2011

Re: Video on comcast.net not loading... just white space


surfettekw wrote:

I get identical response on Firefox - it is not a specific to one video but the site all together for example: if I go to : http://xfinity.comcast.net/video/ben-gals-cheerleader-controversy-grows/2218064391/Comcast/221716662... I can see all the link text to the right of the screen but the area where the pictures/videos directly under the Featured Videos is nothing but blank.


Did you recently install any ad blocking or anti-virus software on your computer? If so, try loosening any ad blocking settings and then please try again.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Contributor
surfettekw
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎04-02-2012

Re: Video on comcast.net not loading... just white space

Nothing I can think of - infact just to make sure I rolled to a restore point just to make sure I had nothign new... downloaded Java, reset IE to default security, added comcast.net to trusted sites... nothing to this point is working.  Even checked router to make sure no blocking and etc... I am at a complete loss.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe
Posts: 6,876
Registered: ‎08-11-2011

Re: Video on comcast.net not loading... just white space


surfettekw wrote:

Nothing I can think of - infact just to make sure I rolled to a restore point just to make sure I had nothign new... downloaded Java, reset IE to default security, added comcast.net to trusted sites... nothing to this point is working.  Even checked router to make sure no blocking and etc... I am at a complete loss.


Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

 

Thanks,

Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Contributor
surfettekw
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎04-02-2012

Re: Video on comcast.net not loading... just white space

My Zip Code:80127

My Cable Provider:Comcast Denver Metro Digital

My myDVR Manager Status:activated

My Set Top Box Names:smileylaugh:VR 1

My Queue setup:False

Facebook Queue Syncing:false

Facebook Connect:False

My public IP address:174.51.166.242

My operating system:Windows - Windows NT 6.1

My web browser:Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C)My system type:smileylaugh:esktop computer or other device

My Move player version:Not Installed

My Silverlight version:4.1.10111.0My flash version:11.1 r102

Javascript:enabled

Cookies:enabled

Official Employee
ComcastJoe
Posts: 6,876
Registered: ‎08-11-2011

Re: Video on comcast.net not loading... just white space


surfettekw wrote:

My Zip Code:80127

My Cable Provider:Comcast Denver Metro Digital

My myDVR Manager Status:activated

My Set Top Box Names:smileylaugh:VR 1

My Queue setup:False

Facebook Queue Syncing:false

Facebook Connect:False

My public IP address:174.51.166.242

My operating system:Windows - Windows NT 6.1

My web browser:Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C)My system type:smileylaugh:esktop computer or other device

My Move player version:Not Installed

My Silverlight version:4.1.10111.0My flash version:11.1 r102

Javascript:enabled

Cookies:enabled


Try completely uninstalling your Adobe Flash Player and then try downloading it again from here and then try again.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Contributor
surfettekw
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎04-02-2012

Re: Video on comcast.net not loading... just white space

I already tried that ... it is the strangest thing.  What else is required on Comcast site? Every other page seems to work fine.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe
Posts: 6,876
Registered: ‎08-11-2011

Re: Video on comcast.net not loading... just white space


surfettekw wrote:

I already tried that ... it is the strangest thing.  What else is required on Comcast site? Every other page seems to work fine.


Is there any difference if you are signed into your account or not?

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Contributor
surfettekw
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎04-02-2012

Re: Video on comcast.net not loading... just white space

None - I don't get an error, a box nothing just white space where "video" should be. I have added the site to trusted sites tried with everythign turned off (virus protection and etc) reinstalled browser and flash -

Official Employee
ComcastJoe
Posts: 6,876
Registered: ‎08-11-2011

Re: Video on comcast.net not loading... just white space


surfettekw wrote:

None - I don't get an error, a box nothing just white space where "video" should be. I have added the site to trusted sites tried with everythign turned off (virus protection and etc) reinstalled browser and flash -


Please try these videos and let me know the results.

 

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Smash/143113/2218795909/hell-on-earth/videos

 

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/NCIS/11915/2216268709/NCIS---The-Good-Son/videos

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Contributor
surfettekw
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎04-02-2012

Re: Video on comcast.net not loading... just white space

those work fine -

Official Employee
ComcastJoe
Posts: 6,876
Registered: ‎08-11-2011

Re: Video on comcast.net not loading... just white space


surfettekw wrote:

those work fine -


Try disabling all plug-ins and add-ons in your browser except Flash and then try again. Hopefully this will pinpoint the issue.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Contributor
surfettekw
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎04-02-2012

Re: Video on comcast.net not loading... just white space

Everything but shocwave flask (aka adobe flash) has been disabled in addons - no difference

Official Employee
ComcastJoe
Posts: 6,876
Registered: ‎08-11-2011

Re: Video on comcast.net not loading... just white space


surfettekw wrote:

Everything but shocwave flask (aka adobe flash) has been disabled in addons - no difference


I asked if you have recently installed any anti-virus software but do you have any anti-virus software at all? Problems like this are usually from them blocking ads and pop-ups on websites.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Contributor
surfettekw
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎04-02-2012

Re: Video on comcast.net not loading... just white space

Same antivirus - I have also completely turned it off and uninstalled and reinstalled - still nothing

 

Maybe I will just give up

Regular Problem Solver
DoubleG
Posts: 1,655
Registered: ‎03-15-2004

Re: Video on comcast.net not loading... just white space

Adobe shockwave player and adobe flash player are two different programs. Shockwave player is usually used for playing certain online games.

Contributor
surfettekw
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎04-02-2012

Re: Video on comcast.net not loading... just white space

Well then as strange as it seems adobe flas was not listed under Add ons
New Visitor
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎09-19-2008

Re: Video on comcast.net not loading... just white space

I have the same problem. Tried all that is listed and still nothing.

Contributor
surfettekw
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎04-02-2012

Re: Video on comcast.net not loading... just white space

well I am glad it is not just me