New Visitor
magicdad

Videos won't play

When I try to run the videos on the Comcast home page I get an error message: error 560,  Anybody know what's going on?

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: Videos won't play

Hello,

Can you post the complete error message? In order to play the videos on the comcast home page you will need to have flash. Do you have this installed?

Regular Contributor

I have similar situation.  I follow a link from the homepage and then get the story which shows "xfinity-hulu" and a big black space with no viewing controls, then I page down and the story coninues with more black spaces and NO video to play.  Sometimes its there, sometimes not?

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Hi all,

We are currently having some issues with Internet Explorer:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Online-Help/Internet-Explorer-9-not-playing-videos/td-p/11420...

In the meantime, please use a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution; just a workaround until we fix our issue with IE9.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Visitor
chalianna

Same error with Firefox

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

chalianna wrote:

Same error with Firefox

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe

Regular Contributor

Trying to watch videos on my xfinity homepage.  Current stories and news, etc.

Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.  Usually no controls are show, only black screen.

New Visitor
DawnRani

I've been having a similar problem for a week.  When I try to play an episode I get the error message I need the updated flash, other episodes tell me I need updated silverlight.. problem is I have the latest version of both.  Yesterday I got frustrated, deleted both programs and reinstalled them from scratch- this did nothing to fix this issue.  HELP?

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

DawnRani wrote:

I've been having a similar problem for a week.  When I try to play an episode I get the error message I need the updated flash, other episodes tell me I need updated silverlight.. problem is I have the latest version of both.  Yesterday I got frustrated, deleted both programs and reinstalled them from scratch- this did nothing to fix this issue.  HELP?

Our site uses both video players depending on the show/movie. Your problem sounds like something else is preventing videos from playing.

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe

New Visitor
Nocfor6

Hi Joe, 

I jumped into the thread as I am having the same problem with videos.  Any help you can suggest will be much appreciated.  The problem is happening with all video sites except You Tube. 

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 76.24.56.94 My operating system: Windows -  Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; HPNTDF; .NET4.0C) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.1.10111.0 My flash version: 11.1 r102 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

App Type Message Details

</body><span id="__mce" data-mce-type="bookmark"></span>

New Visitor
ssiep

sounds familiar, my laptop will play network series but will not play movies, maybe other issues, but that's what i've come accross so far. (did not have this problem a week or two ago) laptop is only a couple months old.

Information

My Zip Code: 48843 My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 71.238.198.122 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; BRI/2) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.1.10111.0 My flash version: 11.1 r102 Javascript&colon; enabled Cookies: enabled

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Not all videos may be working on Internet Explorer 9 32-bit or 64-bit versions. Our team is currently working on this issue.

In the meantime, please use one of these browsers to watch videos:

Goggle Chrome 17

Safari 5.1

Firefox 10.0

Please follow this thread for further information:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Online-Help/Internet-Explorer-9-not-playing-videos/td-p/11420...

Thanks,
Joe

New Visitor
thekman58

I have been experiencing this problem for some time on my none administrator ID's for months.  This morning I tried and it worked.  Thanks for whatever work was performed.  Using another browser was not an option.