New Visitor
pixieleslieh

Viewing internet data usage

There used to be a place to view how much data we'd used towards our max in a given billing cycle, but darned if I can find it today.  Can anyone link me or direct me how to find it when signed in?  Their website is just so convuluted!!

New Visitor
pixieleslieh

Data usage monitor?

There used to be a place I could go look and see how much data we'd used for the month, but darned if I can find it now.  Can anyone help please?

THANKS!

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: Data usage monitor?

[ Edited ]

Hello,

on the top of the page on the tight hand side you will see a my account. Click on that and type in your password.

Once you are there on the middle of the page on the top you will see a user and setting tab. Click on that

and on the right side you will see the user meter. If you want a detail graph for the last few month click on the link bellow the meter.

New Visitor
pixieleslieh

Thanks, but it isn't showing me any  usage graph or meter at all.  I finally found the help page about it http://networkmanagement.comcast.net/datausagemeter.htm  but there is absolutely no "view my devices" or anything like that on my Users & Settings page.  It was there last week, and I clearly have a wireless router and a cable modem, so I don't understand why I can't see my usage anymore.

Thank you for trying to help. 

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Hello,

if you have not have this meter for a couple of days I would call 1-800 comcast and ask them to roll and reprovision the modem. This should not take to long if you can get someone who knows what they are doing.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Viewing internet data usage

pixieleslieh wrote:

There used to be a place to view how much data we'd used towards our max in a given billing cycle, but darned if I can find it today.  Can anyone link me or direct me how to find it when signed in?  Their website is just so convuluted!!

Click the my account tab on the top right of this page, on the next page in the middle in blue it says users and settings its in there

Regular Problem Solver
BlueJay

Hi pixieleslieh, the following link is one that I have been using since the beginning of the usage meter..  The link was taken from the original thread, I just can't remember when...  :smileywink:

https://login.comcast.net/login?forceAuthn=1&continue=%2fSecure%2fUsageMeterDetail.aspx%3feqs%3d821F...

This link takes me to my sign in page for the comcast sign in, which brings me directly to the usage meter, and from there I can access all the other functions of comcast customer central..

hope this helps,

ciao, bj

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Thank you, BJ, that's the long link to the same place everyone else is saying.

Try this somewhat readable link that sort of describes where you are going (Customer Central and Users tab):

https://customer.comcast.com/Secure/Users.aspx

Regular Problem Solver
BlueJay

Thanks Beth, I did realize that it was in fact, the long link, but, using that link, I was brought directly  to the sign in page, and not all the hunting and fishing pages, looking for the actual meter page, the DETAIL METER PAGE,  which is what and where  I wanted to go and see...    

Whew, that was wordy :smileywink:

Not trying to confuse the issue.. 

ciao, bj   and a HNY  :smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Hmmm. Your link doesn't take me to my detailed usage page. Some of the URL might be for your account. The short link for that is https://customer.comcast.com/Secure/UsageMeterDetail.aspx

For those of you still reading this thread who want to see your meter and can't even after following the link above, be sure you are using your primary account or a secondary account with billing access (that's more than just unrestricted). If that is the case, call Comcast (1-800-COMCAST) and ask that they "roll and reprovision" your modem.

Regular Problem Solver
BlueJay

I realize that this is an older thread, but rather than explain all of the above, I brought it back.

Now my problem..    For reasons only known to comcast's page changers, I can no longer get directly to my usage meter detail page..  This has been going on for about 1+month..    I've been dealing with the a+b way I had to view usage but did a mental "deal with it".

Using my link, I was brought to the Services&Equipment page and then, click on usage meter detail, which was in tiny print.

Today, there is no link there, and I am unable to access the usage meter detail page.  

WHERE HAS IT GONE????? 

I also realize that usage penalties have been suspended, but we were still able to view usage for our own purposes..

Has that changed, or has some over eager engineer messed up some of the links?

ciao, bj

Email Expert
CCCarole

BJ,

I just checked in Internet Explorer 9.

I clicked my My Services, which brought up Equipment on the right side.  There I see this: data.JPG

When I click on View Details, I do see this page.

Here is a snippet of what I see:

current data.JPG

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Email Expert
CCCarole

OOPS!  I didn't include View details in my screenshot, but it is there.

Try clearing your cache?

Carole

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Regular Problem Solver
BlueJay

Hi CC,

Thanks for checking..   I had tried more than once...  This time I was able to access that page and the link to the detailed meter.   (IE9 here)

Maybe my machine was in hiccup mode :smileywink:

What still bothers me is losing my direct link to the meter detail page that I had been using since the meter was instituted..

I don't want, desire or need to go to any of the other pages within the my account areas.. And if for any reason I had to , I was able to access those areas through my sign in to the usage meter page.

The same goes for my direct links to these forums and comcast's mail, no fuss, no bother once I'm in "remember me" mode...  :smileywink:

thanks again, ciao, bj

Email Expert
CCCarole

It must be those greem gremlins again...:smileysad: Getting ready for St. Paddy's Day!  LOL!

Shh-hh, you know once Comcast finds out the work arounds they will block access.

Take good care,

CC

Regular Problem Solver
BlueJay

All I can say to that CC, is how petty and juvenile.  :smileyangry:   I could go on, but less said is better. 

Guess I've got to get out and get the cabbage, corned beef , etc..  Still a month to go, Mardi Gras coming up.  :smileywink:

ciao, bj 

Regular Contributor
sbwinter2

All the links above are now going to error pages. And that tab isn't even there anymore - it has changed. Where did Comcast put the Usage Meter, or did they remove it completely??

Regular Problem Solver
BlueJay

Hi sbwinter2,

After reading your post, I tried my link, it did work and I was able to view my usage meter, after a while of the system, flickering, and seeming to be loading and jumping around, and then loading that ridiculous equipment listing page..

All I can say, is to keep trying.   The meter is still there, but the background mucking about seems to be defeating the purpose of just trying to view the meter, only the meter, and nothing else but the meter.  :smileywink:

ciao, bj

Regular Contributor
sbwinter2

[ Edited ]

Sorry, but It really does not work. I have tried multiple browsers on my Mac. It used to work because I used to get the usage meter (in a few different versions).

I don't know if it makes a difference, but I don't have the tab for User's & Settings anymore either (which I used to have when it worked). It is now Users & Preferences. That tab shows the services that come with each of my services and a list of my equipment (sometimes - when it works). I vaguely remember a version of this page when the usage meter was above the list of equipment, but that was a while ago when the page showed different content.

Overall, Comcast's website stinks. It changes too frequently, reorganizing all of the info. You have to really work to figure out how much products cost and what is and is not included. And the channel line-ups are incomplete almost all of the time. The usage meter appearing and disappearing is just typical Comcast.

Regular Problem Solver
BlueJay

Hi sbwinter,

I just did a snip of the location of the meter info.    And I do agree, the placement is poorly designed.

data usage location.JPG

In their wisdom, they've located it on the My Services page, lumped in with Equipment... 

Someone should tell them that the Data Usage program, is not equipment...  :smileyhappy:

Hope this helps, ciao, bj

Regular Contributor
sbwinter2

[ Edited ]

Thanks. Yes, I have had the meter there before too, but alas, it is no longer there. I have a picture to show you too, but I can't find the embed image link. How did you embed yours?

Email Expert
CCCarole

FWIW- It is missing for me now too.  Was there in the past. 

I am sure ComcastJoe will check into this on Monday too.

CC

Regular Contributor
sbwinter2

Looks like I can't share my image because I am not of a high enough rank. Pretty stupid because a screen shot can be worth 1000 posts.

Regular Problem Solver
BlueJay

reply headings.JPG

Click on the green screen and follow instructions..

I use my snip feature and save images to a folder on my desktop.

Hope this helps..

ciao, bj

Regular Contributor
sbwinter2

Right, like I said, I don't get that button because my rank is too low. Oh well. In my photo, you see the image of the modem, but no data meter.

New Visitor
papakin81

That is the link we are all looking for. it is no longer readily avaivlable from new homepage as was the case previousely. Any how I appreciate the link as we all do. At least those of us who are on threshold of what we can and cannot download - blurays, music, etc.

also does not matter anymore as - here click me