New Visitor
mveriss

Why is the news videos not working on xfinity comcast website

News videos will not play on the website. This has been happening for several days now. Is someone working on this?

The commercial will play and then after the commercial plays it just scrolls through all the videos and never plays any of them.

Contributor

Re: Why is the news videos not working on xfinity comcast website

I am having the same problem since last week on Internet Explorer and Chrome. Tried rebooting computer and uninstalling/installing Silverlight. Can someone help us out?

Contributor
geneherring

Same problem here. I called Comcast yesterday and spoke to someone that I could hardly understand his language. He thought that I was talking about videos on tv. I just thanked him and hung up. Does anyone have a clue as to what the problem is?

Contributor

I was on a chat for 25 minutes yesterday and was promised "This will be fixed within 24 hours and rest assure (sic) that the nNwes (sic) Videos will be working after." Still waiting...

Contributor
geneherring

Still no news video on xfinity comcast website homepage. Whats up. Is this an issue with xfinity comcast, or an issue with my computer?

Visitor

News videos will not play on the website. This has been happening for several days now. Is someone working on this?

The commercial will play and then after the commercial plays it just scrolls through all the videos and never plays any of them.

Does anyone from comcast read these post?

Email Expert
CCCarole

Please post a link to where you are going to see news videos.  I just clicked on NEWS and was directed to new videos for NBC, Today, and Fox.  After the commercial, all videos loaded without any problem.

Which browser/version are you using?  Do you have the current version of Adobe Flash player installed?  I have Version 1,8,800,175 installed.  I am using Internet Explorer Versio 10.  I also tested with Firefox Ver. 23.01, and with Chrome.  Works fine in all three.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor

Priority Reference number: CR335285410

Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version? Full
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.) Outlook
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache? Happens with Chrome and IE.  I have tried clearing the browser cache.
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X Windows 7
Details of the problem you are having. I click on a video under "Watch Top Videos" (or any videos on the xfinity.comcast.net page, for that matter - streamed feeds like CNN or MSNBC are fine), the commercial plays, then it just jumps thru the videos, never playing any.

Contributor
geneherring

I'M back, and just got off the phone with a comcast tech rep. But, we were not able to solve the problem. However he is going to follow up on my problem.

Please note following information:

XfinityConnect - Full version

Email client - outlook express

Browser - Internet Explorer 10 and yes, browser cache cleared.

Operating system - Windows 7

Adobe Flash Player - File version 2.0.4.27

Note, I can see videos on Chrome browser.

Contributor
rpcv

This is the latest problem I'm having in trying to view Xfinity content.  Still can't get offered movies and TV series programs, even after spending a lot of quality time with the escalation tech over the error codes that came up, instead of content.  He said it must be MY computer.  However from these forums, I can see that a whole lot of people are having the same problems. Just got our monthly bill, looks like we'll be paying a whole lot for even less service.  Why can't Comcast fess up to having major problems and give us a timetable for correcting them.  Our payments have a timetable that we ALWAYs meet.  

Contributor
angelrose2

I am having the exact same issue. I click on a video on the home page and am directed to the following url or one similar depending on the video I'm interested in watching and the ad plays fine then it scrolls through ALL of the videos not playing a single solitary one! This has been going on for a week or more now with no fix in sight. FIX these issues!

http://xfinity.comcast.net/video/Small-island-rises-from-sea-after-Pakistan-quake/49982531676/Comcas...

By the way, it doesn't matter WHICH browser I use. It happens in chrome, IE, firefox, etc. and ALL of my browsers are up to date

Contributor
geneherring

10/1/2013....3:18 PM

Just to let you know... Xfinity Comcast news videos are now showing on my computer.

Contributor

Mine is still not working.  Did you do anything?

Contributor
geneherring

I contacted Staples where I bought my HP computer for tech support and they sent me to HP tech support. The Hp tech did a computer tune up, disk clean up, uninstall unneeded programs an a few other computer related issues. But that did not correct the xfinity comcast issue with the "not being able to see the news videos." I still couldn't see the news videos. The HP tech said the problem is with internet explorer browser and suggested that I contact xfinity comcast. However the issue was corrected and I never did call xfinity comcast. I can now see the news videos.

Contributor
angelrose2

I have run all kinds of diagnostics on my computers, cleaned up, used 3 different browsers and the news feeds STILL to not run. This is not an issue with my end, but with comcast as I can watch news feeds on other sites just fine. This was an ongoing issue also with watching tv shows to catch up, online via Xfinity, but I could watch them fine from the actual station site. All my programs are up to date. I'm glad you seem to have yours working and hope for your sake that they continue to work. As for me, I'm pretty much giving up on watching any news feeds or tv catch ups through comcast online. If I want to watch it, I'll go to CBS, NBC, etc and watch on their sites

Visitor

I see that these post started back in June and comcast still hasn't fixed the problem.

comcast are you working on the problem or not?

Contributor
rpcv

By the way, I haven't seen that anyone using Windows 8 is having Xfinity viewing problems.  In fact, I use Windows 7 and my husband uses Windows 8.  He has absolutely no problems seeing news videos, or other streaming content offered by Comcast/Xfinity.  Is the solution for all of us to upgrade to Windows 8?

New Visitor
mveriss

I am the one that originally posted this. I am still having problems viewing the news feeds from xfinity web page. I had a tech in and asked him to check out my system. He found nothing wrong with this computer. He tried the web pages from his office and they didn't work from his either. I did download internet explorer 10 and that didn't clear it up either. I can view the news feeds from my home computers so that is why I had the tech check out the work computer. He said it was fine on our end and he thought it was a Comcast/Xfinity website problem.

At this point I am not sure what it is any longer. I am just working around it. I also can't view any videos from the Xfinity site either but if I go to another website everything works fine.

I also have Google Chrome and Fire Fox loaded on this computer and if I use those browser with Xfinity they do not work either.

If anyone comes up with a solution I will appreciate it. I tried clearing my Cache and History and have had no luck with that either.

Thanks,

Contributor

Mine started working again Friday.  No one at Comcast knows why...

Contributor
geneherring

Mine's still working ok. I never did find out exactly what the problem was.

Visitor

[ Edited ]

I've had this problem for quite awhile now, only on my desktop windows 7 which is connected to the comcast modem.  my laptops work fine one is 7 the other 8. Any solutions.

New Visitor
sampleit7

Contributor
angelrose2

This is an on again off again issue with the streaming quality of the videos.

Visitor

Don't think so, I have a desktop and a laptop both running W7 and my desktop has the problem, my laptop doesn't same internet conncection from comcast.

Contributor
angelrose2

What I meant was that after a few months of the video not working for me, suddenly it will work fine for a few weeks, then goes back to running the commercials and not playing the videos. Not sure if or when they will fix the issue.

New Visitor
truehearts55

My laptop will not work using my verzion hotspot but will work using different internet connections !

What's Up with this ???

Contributor
angelrose2

It's because the verizon hotspot isn't powerful enough to run the videos. When you are connected to wifi, that gives a stronger connection as does obviously wired.

Visitor

the wired desktop that I have is the one that has the problem.  I even have "flash" or whatever they call it for faster internet.

New Visitor

Been having the same problem since NBC news appeared in connection with Comcast, but only with Firefox.  IE & Chrome do play o.k..

I'm wondering if there is some connection between having blocked Comcast's ridiculously long ads and the videos not playing.

(E.G., FlashBlock, AdBlock, etc.).  Maybe the equivalent s/w for Chrome & IE is not installed / activated.

I'll have to look into that.

New Visitor
E_Fudd

Similar issue:

Streming news channels are not available anymore.

No CNN, CNBC, FOX NEWS, etc.

Did comcast remove them from streaming for the X! platform or is this storm related.?

Visitor
jnsbass

This is an ongoing problem. Several messges to Comcast have not been acknowledged. The advertisements run perfectly, but after they finish, the screen goes black and the news videos do not run.

New Visitor
E_Fudd

On Firefox, watch tv online, click on CNBC, and instead of streaming video of CNBC have message:

This Video CanNot Be Played

Sorry CNBC is currently unavailable

Error 422

Learn More

It works under IE11, and Google, but for some reason not Firefox

Any ideas how to resolve this. I have the latest flashplayer,Firefox, etc.

Can't find a reference in Comcast for error 422

Contributor

Why waste time on video viewing.  Find an article and read it.  It is more interesting and more informative to read rather than watch

New Visitor
RampYard3

why is there NO "LOCAL NEWS" ive chatted with comcast peo...

why is there NO "LOCAL NEWS" ive chatted with comcast people at least 3 or 4 times   only answer i get is "we'll check into that problem"  have had no local news for 3 or 4 days now 

New Visitor

Why not say read the newspaper instead of watching the news on TV.  Your comment is not helpful and doesn't do anything to resolve the video issues which apply to all videos, not just news.

Contributor
Contributor
dlv

News vids or any vids for that matter:

For what it is worth, I spoke with a "escalation" tech. Here is what he said:

IE /Microsoft rolls out constant updates and Comcast can't keep up with them. He said they do try which is why some days videos work and then they don't. Usually, IE Microsoft updates are not compatible. 3 wks ago, I could not get news vids or any vids. Then 1 wk later news vids worked. Took 2 weeks to get TV program vids(could only get vids from CBS!???) 3 rd wk, could get all vids. THIS WEEK, allowed a IE update..NO program vids AGAIN but can get news vids. I have win 7 and IE 10. The only thing he suggested was to keep everything clear and up to date. Then check every couple of days to see if IE works.Use another browser for vids while waiting for IE to be compatible (make sure you check compat view under your tools tab). He felt chrome works best(some tech reason I could not quite understand)...I use firefox and it works all the time for me....so far