New Visitor

Xfinity/Comcast Home Page Content Is Lame

I wish I had a say as to what kind of material is shoved in my face everytime I log into the Xfinity/Comcast home page!  Really, do you think we are so stupid that everyday we need to see something about   someones "embarassing moment" caught on video?!  LAME lead story, after LAME lead story!!  Can't I just go straight to my email?  AND how many steps now to just get to my email?? AND logging me out every 10 minutes so I find myself back to your stupid home page again?!  Really?!  How many ads can you fit on that home page, plus the ads on all the pages I have to go through to get to my email?!  I think I need to look into going somewhere else for my email. 

Email Expert
madylarian

Re: Xfinity/Comcast Home Page Content Is Lame

There's nothing keeping you from choosing another home page.  And the easiest way to avoid having to go to Comcast's home page to get email is to use a desktop client such as Thunderbird or Pegasus ot Windows Live Mail (or whatever they are calling it these days).

mady

Honi soit qui mal y pense
New Visitor
Addnoyed

[ Edited ]

True, there is nothing keeping someone from choosing another home page.  However, to access your e-mail via a web client it is required that you go through the Comcast.net page.  Even if you have a link setup to take you directly to the login, once you have logged in you are redirected to the comcast.net page where, when you click on e-mail, it opens a new browser tab rather than simply taking you to your mail.

That it is possible to avoid this by using third party software is not a valid defense of what amounts to poor customer service on the part of Comcast.  That you can avoid the adds in the same method does not negate the poor business practice that is putting adds into a service that they are already charging for.

Security Expert
CajunTek

Addnoyed wrote:

<snip> 

That it is possible to avoid this by using third party software is not a valid defense of what amounts to poor customer service on the part of Comcast.  That you can avoid the adds in the same method does not negate the poor business practice that is putting adds into a service that they are already charging for.</snip>

I have ATT as a backup service, Have you looked at their homepage? How about Roadrunner's page? or Charter's page? I have They all have ads. It is one way they defray some of the costs. Your bill would be

higher without them,

TANSTAAFL!!

Email Expert
madylarian

I'm not defending Comcast's homepage.  I avoid it like the plague.  However I have seen the homepages for a number of other major ISPs that offer web-based email and they are just as bad.  Nor am I defending the deplorable way they force you to open so many windows.  But you are wrong about being forced to see their page when using a web-based client (I actually said desktop client in my reply).  If you use a desktop client ort choose to access your email through a different web-based  email source such as Gmail, Outlook (yes, outlook.com is a web-based email) then you access the mail from the POP server.  The client connects directly to the pop server and downloads your email from it.

mady

Honi soit qui mal y pense