Bronze Star Contributor
robob50

Xfinity Set As My Homepage Problem

I have Xfinity setup as my homepage,but I keep getting pop ups telling me how to check my e-mail and other features on it. Is there a way to stop? It does it after I sign in to.

Oh and if anyone from the design team is reading,it sure be nice if the user could add their own news modules and colors.

Recognized Contributor

Re: Xfinity Set As My Homepage Problem

[ Edited ]

I got rid of them by turning on pop-up blocker . I set the settings so it asks me if I want to allow the pop-up.

Bronze Star Contributor
robob50

[ Edited ]

Jeff how do you turn on the pop up blocker,or do you have to download the toolbar? Thanks.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

robo50, what browser do you use?

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Bronze Star Contributor
robob50

Internet Explorer 9

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Start menu/Control Panel/Internet Options/Privacy tab.

By default the popup blocker should already be enabled. Click setting to see how high the blocker is set. It should be medium. If you want high you can change it but that may interfere with pages or mail opening.

Is it an honest-to-goodness popup or a page with blue lines pointing to certain features?

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Bronze Star Contributor
robob50

There is one pop up I have to "X" close that wants to tell me about the e-mail features on the homepage. The other pop ups point to the TV. feature and how to access my account. It's all help pop ups,but OK. got message already,but do I have to keep closing them every time I access my homepage? :smileyhappy:

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

robob50 wrote:

There is one pop up I have to "X" close that wants to tell me about the e-mail features on the homepage. The other pop ups point to the TV. feature and how to access my account. It's all help pop ups,but OK. got message already,but do I have to keep closing them every time I access my homepage? :smileyhappy:

Are you allowing cookies to save in IE9?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Recognized Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you have IE9 click on tools, then click on internet options.  When internet options opens go to privacy tab and check the popup blocked box. Also, click on settings to set them how you want.  I have mine where there is no annoying sound every time it blocks a popup and to notify me when one is trying to appear so I can decide if I want to see it or not.  Some sites I want to view popups as they are informational. Most I do not. You can also activate popup blocker by going to tools and clicking popups and do it there. I do not recommend installing the Comcast toolbar it will cause you nothing but problems. Even Comcast tech advised me against installing it. Most functions of the tool bar are already available or accessible without it.