Visitor

Xfinity anything...Doesn't work.Garbage software.

[ Edited ]

I tried the xfinity toolbar and all it did was make the homepage slower than a snail and also locked up IE8.Also that constant guard whooo what a nightmare that was,I'm still having nightmares about what that did to my computer and what Ihad to do to uninstall that fiasco.Uninstalled that toolbar and everything seems to be working fine now.Do the people at Comcast really investigate all the garbage software and addons they put out or are they clueless???? Slowly but surely getting fed up with all the increases and the service is decreasing.  Does anything work that they put out?   Oh well all is not well,after uninstalling the toolbar,all of the icons in my favorites folder are all screwed up nothing is the same as it used to be....Bad JuJu now what do I do.Dang toolbar garbage....  DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE XFINITY TOOLBAR..or bad JuJu will happen to you to....

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Re: Xfinity anything...Doesn't work.Garbage software.

[ Edited ]

curlyqlink wrote:

I tried the xfinity toolbar and all it did was make the homepage slower than a snail and also locked up IE8.Also that constant guard whooo what a nightmare that was,I'm still having nightmares about what that did to my computer and what Ihad to do to uninstall that fiasco.Uninstalled that toolbar and everthing seems to be working fine now.Do the people at Comcast really investigate all the garbage software and addons they put out or are they clueless???? Slowly but surely getting fed up with all the increases and the service is decreasing.  Does anything work that they put out?

Comcast does not have a stellar history with branded programs and software. You will find that a lot of us will flat out state DON'T INSTALL SOFTWARE THAT COMCAST PUTS OUT.

The toolbar is a perfect example. I tell people who have the toolbar to uninstall it-when they do their issues are resolved.

After you uninstalled the toolbar did you also go back and uninstall CA? That is a component that comes with the toolbar and has to be uninstalled separately.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.