Contributor

Xfinity.com homepage says I'm not signed in, but I am

Yesterday I spoke w/ 2 Comcast techs& explained that I have a black box in the upper left-hand corner of the homepage which says, "uh-oh you are not signed in". Inside the box is a "sign-in" box, but when I click on the box, nothing happens. We did all kinds of troubleshooting yesterday. One tech said it would take 24r hrs for my settings to come back and the 2nd comcast assistant said that "it was a known issue and Comcast was working on it".  Today same screen; no change. Cleared everything in content, cache, etc. rebooted, did all that.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Re: Xfinity.com homepage says I'm not signed in, but I am

repenta wrote:

Yesterday I spoke w/ 2 Comcast techs& explained that I have a black box in the upper left-hand corner of the homepage which says, "uh-oh you are not signed in". Inside the box is a "sign-in" box, but when I click on the box, nothing happens. We did all kinds of troubleshooting yesterday. One tech said it would take 24r hrs for my settings to come back and the 2nd comcast assistant said that "it was a known issue and Comcast was working on it".  Today same screen; no change. Cleared everything in content, cache, etc. rebooted, did all that.  Anyone have any suggestions?

What happens when you click the sign-in link on the top-right hand corner of the homepage? It will say My Profile/Register/Sign In, click sign in.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Contributor

Thanks for your response Joe. When I click the signin in the upper right, nothing happens. It goes back to the homepage.  Also on this new homepage is large welcome to Xfinity and options to choose. The black box, however, blocks my weather in the upper left.  Thank you

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

repenta wrote:

Thanks for your response Joe. When I click the signin in the upper right, nothing happens. It goes back to the homepage.  Also on this new homepage is large welcome to Xfinity and options to choose. The black box, however, blocks my weather in the upper left.  Thank you

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Contributor

I will do that now, but I wanted to let you know that my husband's Xfinity homepage on this same PC works fine. 

Contributor

Just downloaded Mozilla Firefox and the Xfinity homepage is looking good. I can sign in and there is no more "uh-oh" black box. I didn't import anything, so if I want to stay w/ IE9, what can we do to fix the glitch?  Thank you Joe.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

repenta wrote:

Just downloaded Mozilla Firefox and the Xfinity homepage is looking good. I can sign in and there is no more "uh-oh" black box. I didn't import anything, so if I want to stay w/ IE9, what can we do to fix the glitch?  Thank you Joe.

As you know, there is something in IE9 that is conflicting with the page. Try uninstalling IE9 from your computer and then download and install it again. Hopefully, this clean install will clear any corrupt files that were in the last IE9 you had.

Thanks,
Joe

Contributor

Thank you Joe. I will have someone help me over the weekend so that I don't lose any files, settings, etc. I'll be in touch. Thank you for your suggestions

Contributor

We uninstalled and reinstalled IE9; signin issue still exists.

Contributor
texaspete2

[ Edited ]

Hi ComcastJoe,

I'm a consultant and have been helping them with their issue to no avail.

I had fixed this once before for her by creating a fresh profile on the PC, verifying it worked and then copying all the data from old to new profile.  This worked for over a year until it happened again.  We did this again earlier in the week and it worked for a few hours and then started having this issue again.

At first I figured just using IE's reset  and delete personal settings would fix this but it doesn't a fresh profile seems to be the only thing that has worked.

Any other suggestions?  repenta likes Internet Explorer and would prefer not to have to use Chrome or Firefox just to fix a Comcast website incompatiblity.  My only suggestion to her is going to be to switch to Hotmail, Gmail or Yahoo mail where I'm sure there will be less problems.

Thanks

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Hi all,

Is anyone still experiencing this issue? Either way, please let me know so I can further investigate.

Thanks,
Joe

Contributor
texaspete2

Yes, repenta is still experiencing this.  Anything you can do is appreciated.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

repenta wrote:

We uninstalled and reinstalled IE9; signin issue still exists.

Try turning off all ad blocking plug-ins and add-ons you may have installed IE9 and then try signing in again.

Also, check you trusted zones and make sure that you are allowing xfinity.com as an exception.

Thanks,
Joe