New Visitor
wildman21

adobe flash

I cannot play any video that requires adobe flash if i access xfinity through explorer, if i access xfinity through google chrome it works fine. I do have the latest version of flash & chrome

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

Re: adobe flash

What error message do you get, or what happens when you try with IE?

With IE, does this say you have a working and the latest version?

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

You can download and manually install the latest versions from here. Download the two EXE's listed. The first is for IE, the other is for everything else:

http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html

New Visitor
carlson--john

I use a Mac and Safari.  When I click on a Comcast video, I am redirected to the Xfinity page telling me I need to upgrade my Mac.  When I go to Apple, they tell me that there is no Upgrade.  Now I cannot use my Mac on the Xfinity Web sites because of an upgrade to Adobe.  Nice.  Did my 3-year old Mac just become obsolete when using Comcast?????  Do I need to find another Network provider????

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

If you go to the same link I gave in the post above yours, there is a download for Mac's. Here is a direct link:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/mac/install_flash_player_11_osx.d...

Basically, Apple is very anti-Flash and seems to be doing everything they can to kill it.

New Visitor
carlson--john

I loaded and installed the Flash Player from your provided link.  It did not help.  I get the same message suggesting that I need an Upgrade to Mac OS 10.5 (which Apple says is current), and that Adobe Flash starting with Flash 11.1 does not support the older OS I have.

Using Finder to look at the Flash Player.plugin version installed from the link, I see that it is 10.3 r183. 

Are you sure that the link has the correct version?

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

carlson--john wrote:

I loaded and installed the Flash Player from your provided link.  It did not help.  I get the same message suggesting that I need an Upgrade to Mac OS 10.5 (which Apple says is current), and that Adobe Flash starting with Flash 11.1 does not support the older OS I have.

Using Finder to look at the Flash Player.plugin version installed from the link, I see that it is 10.3 r183. 

Are you sure that the link has the correct version?

When Flash released version 11, they decided to no longer to support Mac OS X 10.5.

We have updated our videos to use version 11.1 and higher to improve video playback.

Sorry,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Visitor
carlson--john

Thanks, at least I know.  Hopefully the pop-up message changes so other people don't wonder what to do.

Bronze Problem Solver
barbie123

Just an FYI, 10.5 Leopard is not current, only runs on the old pre-Intel Macs.

New Visitor
carlson--john

I think my next stop is the Apple store to see if I can upgrade for a slight fee.

Thanks.

Bronze Problem Solver
barbie123

If your computer can suport it, the upgrade path is this:

First, you must install Snow Leopard 10.6.8 to Access the APP store. $20.

Then you download either 10.7 Lion or 10.8 Mountain Lion. $20 either one.

Recognized Contributor

FYI

I just discovered by going to adobe website there is a new version of flash. 11.5.502.146