New Visitor
Solomon_D_E
Accepted Solution

how do I see what services I have?

I just activated Comcast hi-speed Internet this afternoon, and I haven't been able to find any information on comcast.com about what services are on my account, just the total bill amount. How do I see what Comcast services I'm currently using or being billed for?

(If anyone thinks this post doesn't make sense, to me the Comcast website doesn't make sense. I've never seen or heard of any supposed bill-paying website that DOESN'T tell you what the bills are FOR. As long as the site or my account, whatever the problem is, remains in this condition, I am not going to pay any bill online, of course. That would be ridiculous, to pay a bill and maybe be paying for NOTHING.)

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Re: how do I see what services I have?

Try this site

https://customer.comcast.com/Public/Home.aspx

Sign in and go into Account and Billing tab.

New Visitor
Solomon_D_E

The site that was linked (which I had already seen) shows me:

"Total current payment due" and the date and the amount

It does not tell me what services are being billed for, or even who is billing me, or anything whatsoever about what services I'm receiving or using or signed up to receive. So I click on "View bill details" and have to sign in again, to find out that I'm being billed for:

"Recurring charges (Services)" and "Taxes, surcharges, fees"

That doesn't tell me WHAT services I'm being billed for.

(So of course I'm not going to pay online or order anything online. I can't wrap my mind around the stupidity of paying for or ordering something at a site that doesn't tell you what you're getting. This issue is also important for whether I should call in to report a service outage or problem. If I don't know exactly which services I'm supposed to have, at what level, how would I know there's a problem? I'd have to guess and then waste my time calling in a repair order that might be nothing wrong. To avoid that waste of time, for now I'm assuming that only paper mail and phone conversations really count and everything online is just meaningless entertainment.)

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

Since you just activated your service today you will have to wait until you get a paper bill which *might* give you more information about your service plan/level.

For future reference you can get a copy of your paper bill online but right now you probably won't have one since you are a new customer and your bill has not been generated yet. Online copies are generally available a few days before you receive a paper bill. HOW TO GET A COPY OF YOUR PAPER BILL (clickable link)

There is something on the homepage you can use but it won't tell you much. Your current services will be listed but you already know what those are. It does not give you specifics like which level of cable tv service you have.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/

Sign in. Then on the right click My Profile.

This is a portion of what I see on My Profile. I already know I have tv, internet, and voice. What it doesn't tell me is that I have HD Premier XF Triple Play. It also doesn't tell me my internet is Blast.

profile.PNG

The only way to know for sure is to call Comcast OR go to the local office if there is one in your area and ask.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
Solomon_D_E

That link http://xfinity.comcast.net/ followed by clicking on "My Profile" produces some interesting results.

In the right column, it tells me some misinformation about my computer, things I know are not all true.

In the left column it's a bunch of ads for Xfinity and some other brands of products, some of which I have already, and some I've never had or tried to have, such as a certain brand of mobile device, which it refers to as "your Android phone." Is it the same set of ads for everyone?

Anyway, I'm just going to assume it's a policy of Comcast, unwritten online, not to communicate online about what services individual customers have, for the sake of their privacy, but to broadcast their bill amount online, because collecting that money is important.

New Visitor
Solomon_D_E

I checked that "My Profile" page again, since Queen-Evie's reply to me started showing more graphics that show what it's supposed to look like. Now it's reporting near the top of the page "Profile Snapshot" that includes  "Services: XFINITY TV, XFINITY Internet" (Whether or not it was reporting that before, I don't know.) That seems correct, but as Queen-Evie implied, it doesn't include information about the level of each service.

That's good enough for now for me, to see xfinity.comcast.net report the general sort of services I ordered, so I'll mark Queen-Evie's reply as a solution.

(BTW, I noticed that all the pages that show my bill amount have "https:" in the address bar which means a secure and encrypted page, as opposed to "http:" which doesn't. So I'm not worried anymore about Comcast broadcasting my bill amount or anyone else's.)

New Visitor
emilielemaire

I can't see what service I pay for too. Comcast made me pay for new services that I never signed-up for. Today I see suspicious fees again, as $120 instead of $39, as if they added extra services that I did not sign-up for, again.

I do not understand why I can't access details about what I pay for???!! I should keep control about it!

Sounds like Comcast is clearly forcing users to pay for extra services, by enhancing the difficulty to access basics info. As customer, I should have the right to check service about what I pay for. I've been spending the last hour to look for that on my online account. No one single word. Even on Snapshot Profile that is empty.

Makes me feel ready to fight. If I discover that Comcast added extra services without my agreement again - as Blast, XfinityTV (I do not have any TV), etc. the previous time, I'm going to take Comcast in court.

I am pretty sure it will be easy to find other customers who are complaining about the same issue.

Comcast always encourage to call Comcast support. Each time I asked a document that details what I pay for, the comcast representative replied: " I only can TELL you, we do not have documents". That's something lawyers will find interesting.

If any customers are having similar issues, they can contact me at emilielemaire@comcast.net. We should stop Comcast.

New Visitor
emilielemaire

By simulating a subscription to xfinity tv, we can access details about current services. This is how I got confirmation that Comcast makes me pay for many extra services I never signed-up for. I took a screenshot.

who else is ready to take them in court?

Email Expert
CCCarole

Edit your post and remove yor email address before it is. Harvested by spammers.  The Forums are public!

Tomdo:  Open your post, click on OPTIONS on the right side of your post...Now click on EDIT REPLY.  A window opens showing our post.  Delete the email address and click post.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor

This is absolutely ridiculous.  Now in Mar 2014 - the same style continues.  Everything about Comcast is about sell sell sell.  You can't "see" what level of service you have, you have to click on "upgrade services" - but then it still doesn't tell you WHAT you have, and makes offers that they don't honor, not even tied to your account.

For example, I did this once and saw that I could upgrade to the next level of internet service for less than I was paying. I put it in my "cart".  Since I had come to this "upgrades" page straight from my account, I figured I was eligible for everything on it.  But instead it takes me when I go to "check out" to a chat window where they tell me that I can't get it because I'm an existing customer.

"But my account page sent me to these deals?  Why would you show a deal I can't have?"

"Oh, those are just all the deals, they aren't customized by account.".

What the heck?  My bill says "internet service".  Even the bill doesn't say what level of service or package I have.

I think Comcast keeps everyone in the dark on purpose to reduce liability and their ability to upcharge, upsell, and generally confuse or coerce people into paying more.  I have never had any utility have a more confusing and information deficient online resource than Comcast.  I have never had a utility that doesn't spell out my SLA (Service Level Agreement) on the bill.  I don't know how they get away with this!

I don't know why this thread is marked as solved.  It has NOT been solved!

New Visitor
JimmySwaggart

I finally found the following link: https://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/level-of-service/

Though, this particular thread is much easier to find, ha ha.

What I found, though, is that, of the two methods they list, only the e-Bill method works. I.e., you carefully scan the bill until you find it, buried on the second page. The other method, where you pretend like you want to upgrade your service, then look for the tiny, illogically placed link to your existing service, didn't even work for me, because I couldn't find that link on the upgrade page.

Bottom line is, you can find out what your current service is if you're determined enough, but it's pretty obvious that Comcast is making it as difficult as possible to help current customers simply see what they're paying for, and likely only because they're obligated to.

New Visitor
cooluser007

[ Edited ]

Thank you for this thread.  I completely understand the frustration of all who posted after I myself scoured the account/bill only to find nothing I was looking for.  It could be so easy to put details of the bill in plain sight right on the front of the accounts page, like its done with all the deals and buy this and that etc.  Like one user said, it seems blatantly left out of sight or hidden so deep that you quit looking for it out of frustration.  But thank you for the link in the last post.

Well upon using the "level of service" link I'm still as dumbfounded as when I started, "My services" are blank and looking through the bill helps nothing.  I seriously hope the become more transparent with the details.