New Visitor

no access to Windows

I no longer have access to Windows while using Comcast.  I do reports and need access to the internet and e-mail while working.  I have to hit the "Windows" icon on my keyboard if I want to use windows.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: no access to Windows

that is not possible, windows is your operating system and without it you cannot use your computer.   You cannot as you put it use comcast?  what does that mean? 

Please provide a more detailed description of your problem. 

New Visitor

When I go to Comcast, my screen has the regualr Comcast homepage with all the ads and menu options regarding email but there are no icons in site.  I can't exit as there is no X, no tabs.  the only way out is to push the Windows icon on my keyboard.  I also use Google Chrome every now and then and that works just fine.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

what you are saying is that when you use internet explorer you can't get back to your desktop to access your windows icons.   In the top right hand corner you should see a _ a double box and a red x.  the line minimizes your browser to the taskbar, the double box maximizes it which is what you are seeing, the red x will close the current tab if you are using tabs in IE.  So for you press the line and wala your desktop is back.  

New Visitor

I'm not stupid.  I now how to minimze and maximize a page.  there is no red x in the right upper hand corner, no little line to minimze or maximize.  Even when I hit escape, it doesn't work.  Only when I hit windows icon on my keyboard can I get out of Comcast.  I'll do a system restore.  If I can't resolve it, i'll be in touch

Security Expert
CajunTek

It sounds like you have set up IE as full screen, Try pressing F11 and see if it gives you back your icons.

TANSTAAFL!!

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

If you do have IE set as full screen that is a browser issue. It has nothing to do with Comcast.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.